Exercising

Discussion in 'Fitness & Pregnancy' started by dare, Jan 15, 2007.

1. dare

dare I'm not fat...I'm pregnant!

I have been exercising quite regularly throughout my pregnancy, doing everything I had been doing before (with a slight reduction in volume due to low energy), but am finding that my belly is getting in the way (& it's becoming uncomfortable) when I do squats & most leg exercises. Just wondering what leg exercises you moms-to-be are doing?

2. homeschoolmom

homeschoolmom Well-Known Member

In my third trimester, I did plie squats because it gave me more room for my gigantic belly! I also did lunges with the aid of a chair because I lost my balance quite easily. No DL's because my sciatic nerve hurt like hell when I tried those. Are you working out in a gym? If you are, you could use a wider stance for a leg press or just do single leg to give your belly more room.

3. DianeD

DianeD Getting My MoJo Back!

I am 4 mths along and have had to recently stop squatting with the Oly bar:crying:
    I now do a combo of leg presses and.......*gulp*.........squats on the Smith Machine:wavesad:

4. Carrie

Carrie My 3 babies!!!

I'm 16 weeks and squatted yesterday and did feel a little funny on the bottom...my guess is I probably won't be able to in a few more weeks either :( I'm also getting uncomfortable doing lying leg curls.

5. DianeD

DianeD Getting My MoJo Back!

I miss those!:crying: