Extra Virgin Olive Oil!

Discussion in 'Diet, Nutrition and Supplements' started by KevinP, Sep 19, 2007.

1. jaleena

jaleena Banned

:yeahthat:

2. Noel Clark

Noel Clark Senior Member

Not some of those :barf:

3. mich56

mich56 Well-Known Member

Add some cloves of garlic (or lots) to your olive oil bottle. Let it sit for a while, and then use on salads and such...

4. Audrey

Audrey Well-Known Member

I don't like olive oil either. Even the smell of it reminds me of motor oil :sick: Easiest way for me to get it down is to just down it with a spoon.

5. TEACHK

TEACHK Well-Known Member

EVOO! Yum!

I LOVE Extra Virgin Olive Oil! I wouldn't want to drink it, but I couldn't cook or eat a salad without EVOO! Guess it's part of being Italian! And Italian or not, Italian food is a part of life here in NYC -well, now it's in addition to Indian, Puerto Rican, Soul, Thai, and Mexican food, uhhh did I mention Jamaican and Japanese food? Cubano-Chin? Lot's of yummy, interesting flavors! Uh, forget pizza, you have to leave Manhattan to get a decent one these days, but I digress... Now cottage cheese... that's what I consider an aquired taste! YUCK! A poor substitute for what any european would call cheese!

6. Sportsgirl

Sportsgirl Well-Known Member

I like olive oil, but not straight from the bottle! I usually have it with salads :)

7. nicki

nicki Member

I like olive oil but don't think i could stomach it straight:wigging:

I love the was the Italians do it straight on the salad then the vinigar on top..

Just a tip with Flaxseed oil one of my favorite things is to have it in the blender with protein powder water and lots of ice..yummo

8. 3sweeties

3sweeties Well-Known Member

I love olive oil. An Italian restaurant we eat at serves fresh bread with your meal and fixes a combination of olive oil, seasonsins, parmasean cheese to dip the bread in. YUMMY

9. Sportsgirl

Sportsgirl Well-Known Member

:drool:

10. Cindy Day

Cindy Day Well-Known Member

OO is so good, not just on salad, but on asparagus, brussel sprouts and the like-- even on canned tuna with onion & tomato. YUM.

Feel free to put in back in my plan. ;)

11. 3sweeties

3sweeties Well-Known Member

I LOVE veggies sauteed in olive oil and garlic. ;)

12. Tralfazz

Tralfazz New Member

I could never eat this stuff straight! I don't find it to have much taste, but drinking it by the spoonful would be too much like doing a shot of motor oil to me. I can make myself eat anything, my problems are with consistency and texture. I just mix mine with a can of dry tuna fish and add Cajun seasonings.

13. Aaron_F

Aaron_F A Grade Asshat

Top quality Extra virgin olive oil
    a bit of fresh garlic mixed in

sit for a day or so, so the flavour gets around.

Put a dash of balsamic vinager into it, so its got like a blob in the olive oil

Some warm homemade bread to dip in it

mmmm

14. Aaron_F

Aaron_F A Grade Asshat

or some dukkah,

15. Aaron_F

Aaron_F A Grade Asshat

or some Zahtar Spice mix

mmmm hungry

16. chicca

chicca Member

i've just discovered fresh zahtar ! :drool: so good with everything. i also add it to olive oil and let it sit and infuse :thumb:

17. Inatic

Inatic Ya Gotta Wanna! Moderator

If we dont have to count them, i'd use it on salad, however 'dieting' I'd rather chew my calories. Nutz or avocado for me :D

served with a good hot bread, parm cheese etc is the yum too. :drool:

18. KevinP

KevinP KOOL AID-A-HOLIC

Amy just saw me take a couple of shots of evoo this morning and it grossed her out! i can do it but i may start eating nuts instead. is there any nutritional advantage of one over the other?

19. MichelleS

MichelleS Well-Known Member

i would never try and shoot evoo. Now I can take shots like a champ but that would make me :puke: i liek it on my chicken breast before baking them or in my salads with a little red wine vinager.