Facebook has some nerve! Phone numbers

Discussion in 'Mindless Banter' started by Inatic, Aug 11, 2011.

1. Inatic

Inatic Ya Gotta Wanna! Moderator

Facebook has some nerve! ALL THE PHONE NUMBERS IN YOUR PHONE are now on Facebook!

Go to the top right of the screen, click on ACCOUNT, click on EDIT FRIENDS, left side of screen and click CONTACTS. you will see all phone numbers from your phone (FB friends or not) are published that you have stored in your mobile phone.

TO REMOVE, go to RIGHT column, click on link for "this page." Then Remove. Please repost this on your status, so your friends can remove their numbers!!!

share on your status..

2. Erik

Erik Admin

Where is this?

"TO REMOVE, go to RIGHT column, click on link for "this page." Then Remove. Please repost this on your status, so your friends can remove their numbers!!!"

3. Erik

Erik Admin

Found it. That's crazy.

4. Inatic

Look WAY to right..past where is the numbers are

5. Inatic

its crazy that should even be allowed :mad:

6. Inatic

Facebook page is calling it a rumor.. Supposedly only you could see those contacts??

With all the issues with hacking and breeches.. I dont trust it and removed it..

7. spa_68

spa_68 Member

:yeahthat: Thanks for letting us know! Mine is gone.

• Like Like x 1
  8. mackie

mackie With my hero, Brigitte Gabriel

I was ready to ditch FaceBook as soon as they asked for my phone number. They don't need our frickin' phone numbers.

Even if you make your phone and other contact information "private" or visible to "you only"... any hacker can get his crusty hands on it. And from there, he can get all the information stored in your phone whether FaceBook shares it or not.

And yes, Ileen, Facebook sure does has some nerve! When they pulled that little stunt of requiring a phone number to log in, they said it was to verify ID and guard against mulitiple ID users. Nowhere did they say they were going to import all data from our phones... let alone post the info. What an absolute invasion/intrusion. Contact info and other personal info of my friends & family is nobody's business... and it should certainly not be displayed in a high-traffic madhouse like Facebook. Is nothing sacred anymore??????? Lordy!!!

Last edited: Aug 11, 2011
  9. mackie

Its totally nuts.

10. Scarl3tbutt3rfly

Scarl3tbutt3rfly Motivated and ready!!

I actually think only you can see your own contact numbers. They aren't public unless you made your phone number public initially.

11. mackie

It depends on how you have your Privacy Settings. But that's besides the point. Facebook has no business whatsoever, importing all the personal data from our personal telephones in the first place, let alone posting it.

12. pixie

pixie Well-Known Member

I got the following message:

Your request is being processed and you'll be notified as soon as it's complete. Depending on the size of your contact list, this may take a few minutes. Thanks for your patience!

This is bogus. And I am seriously considering canceling my account, it seems like there is one trick after another with them.

13. Erik

Erik Admin

I got that too - and never was notified ...