Favorite Condiments & Seasonings

Discussion in 'Diet, Nutrition and Supplements' started by BookWorm22, Sep 26, 2012.

1. Emma

Emma Member

Thanks Angie, I'll check that out, I've been missing my tomato sauce and definitely prefer stevia over Sucralose.

2. Natt

Natt Member

Emma. Woollies have it ! It rocks

3. Emma

Emma Member

I got the BBQ and was pleasantly surprised, I've been eating with my chicken and pumpkin on non training days

4. stephm2010

stephm2010 In Motion

I love Mrs. Dash Fiesta lime. That is all. :D

5. bthatch

bthatch New Member

As bad as it is, I love me some buffalo sauce

6. Inatic

Inatic Ya Gotta Wanna! Moderator

what is in your buffalo sauce that is bad?

7. novamt

novamt Member

I LOVE buffalo sauce and eat it almost every day on my chicken at lunch! No fat, no sugar, low cals. Walden Farms makes a sugar free Blue Cheese dip that I use sometimes with it too. I've been eating this for months though so I was very happy to see Megan's recipe the other day for a mock teriyaki sauce: 1/3 tsp chili powder and 3 tsp sugar free maple syrup. Perfect over protein and rice.

8. Maggieb14

Maggieb14 Member

I like to mix Walden Farm's balsamic vinegar in with my rice and chicken as it's cooking. It becomes a glaze that reminds me of a teriyaki/soy sauce blend. Very yummy!

9. Fay

Fay Well-Known Member

That sounds tasty! Do you cook your rice and chicken together? Oven or slow cooker? I'm always looking for new ideas. :)

10. Fay

Fay Well-Known Member

I use a bottle of frank's buffalo sauce on a slow cooker full of frozen chicken breasts and it turns out delicious! :)

11. Maggieb14

Maggieb14 Member

I normally cook my chicken and rice separately and bag each serving. When I'm ready to eat it, I dump the ziplocs into a nonstick pan, add the WF balsamic vinegar and cover. I let it simmer for a little bit until the WF forms a glazey-like coating. It's so good!

12. Emma

Emma Member

For Aussie chicks have a look at Celebrate Health sauces in the health food section at Coles, average about 15 cal per serve. I cooked a couple of days worth of chicken in the honey mustard last night, not too bad at all.

13. Fay

Fay Well-Known Member

Is there something special about this brand of balsamic vinegar? I have another brand - I wonder if it would work. There's one way to find out, I guess!

14. Maggieb14

Maggieb14 Member

Yes, Walden Farm products are calorie free! They have several products, but my two favorites are the Pancake Syrup and the Balsamic vinegar.

You can find them or at many grocery and health food stores. You can also buy them online: http://www6.netrition.com/cgi/prices.cgi?manu_id=394

15. Fay

Fay Well-Known Member

Very cool to know! Thanks! I will have to check them out. Have you tried the caramel dip from WF? It tastes OK, I just can't get over the texture. I really wanted it to be gooey like caramel should be, but it was so not. Maybe I will use it to flavor something.

16. Maggieb14

Maggieb14 Member

Yes, I've tried them all. I don't mind the caramel dip too much. I like to spread it on apple slices. They all have a use, I guess...
    For example, I use the caramel syrup (not dip) to make iced coffee frappuccinos (coffee, ice and a little syrup blended in my magic bullet) and the jellies (raspberry, strawberry or apple butter) in my oatmeal or on my toast ~ I love them!

17. Inatic

Inatic Ya Gotta Wanna! Moderator

caramel syrup/dip is too sweet for me. I do like the choc dip and syrup though and use them in protein ice cream

There is a new cranberry jam. I take the jams and run them through the bullet so the are more jam like, i dont like the consistency of jelly. The raspberry was closet to cranberry and tasty on chicken and turkey or as a 'dressing' on salad.

18. Amy1984

Amy1984 Member

Great idea! Never thought to blend the jams! I love them but always wished consistency was more jam-like.

19. melpfaf

melpfaf New Member

Know this is an old post but I am new to LBC and devouring all the forum threads :) Guy's Award Winning Sugar Free BBQ sauce is soooo good, maybe I haven't had "real" bbq sauce in awhile but I think it tastes like the real deal. 5 cal, 1g carb per 2 T. I order from Netrition. YUMMY :yayconfetti:

20. Fitlovelift

Fitlovelift New Member

That is a great idea! I liked the taste of the walden farms jelly, but not the texture. Will definitely try this!