favorite healthy condiments????

Discussion in 'Diet, Nutrition and Supplements' started by kcasaletta, Apr 26, 2012.

1. kcasaletta

kcasaletta New Member

Just wondering what some of your favorite condiments are that are healthy alternatives? I've heard that the Walden Farms dressings are good? Any reviews or other brands? trying to make my food delicious!

2. Inatic

Inatic Ya Gotta Wanna! Moderator

lc ketchup
    salsa
    mustard

i use some walden products. there are a tread or two on opinions which are good.

3. LadyV

LadyV Member

I tried the WAlden Farms Caesar (my only experience) and it was horrible. Off to research the threads!

I like Salsa and Mustard as well.

4. raising.the.bar.fitness

raising.the.bar.fitness New Member

By far my favorite condiment is Chili Pepper Sauce from Trader Joes, its literally just chili peppers, vinegar and xanthum gum so good, no salt either!

5. sgermain

sgermain New Member

Maple Farm groves actually has some low cal sugar free dressings that are really good. I like the raspberry vinaigrette and balsamic vinaigrette. Also, some of the walden farms products are good too- I've been using the Russian dressing a lot lately

6. Inatic

I LOVE spicy!
    we dont avoid salt here, we use it liberally! Start shaking!

7. Tianagonzalez

Tianagonzalez NEVER GIVE UP!!

My standard go-to condiments are...

Sea Salt
    Garlic Powder
    Frank's Red Hot Sauce
    Tabasco Sauce
    Dill Weed yes, it tastes delicious mixed in to salad or on top of chicken breast
    Mrs. Dash Fiesta Lime
    Adobo - I use sparingly on meats before cooking... little goes a long way

8. patti

patti Active Member

Oooooo...I've been looking high & low for the Mrs. D Fiesta Lime!! Guess I'll have to order online.

I'm supposed to "salt liberally with colored sea salt", so I alternate between the Celtic (grey) sea salt and the Pink Himalayan Salt (which is not from the sea :huh: but it IS pink!) A friend of mine who's been having problems with heart flutters due to low blood volume told me she was also told to use the pink stuff - but she has to put hers in her water & drink it :yucky:
    You have to keep an eye on the Celtic, I've discovered, as it is very moist & I've had it 'grow' stuff - which I thought would be impossible in salt, but :shrug:

Cinnamon like there's no tomorrow!

Also like RC Buck's Bourbon Molasses seasoning/rub I've found at Whole Foods

Some WF favorites are the pancake syrup which can be good drizzled on oatmeal, sweet potatoes & even butternut squash
    Their chocolate dip (good to flavor our 'ice cream'), caramel dip (really, really good mixed in with our plain FF GYogurt :yum:) and miracle mayo (good if you are okay with a more Miracle Whip-like taste)
    WF Barbeque sauce is good, as are their Honey mustard, Chipotle, and especially the Sesame Ginger salad dressings.
    Ileen also makes a raspberry balsamic dressing that's good on just about anything - magic bullet together balsamic vinegar with the WF raspberry dip = very good!
    The WF Peanut Butter spread is a love it or hate it item. I think its gross, but have found it's tolerable when mixed in with other ingredients, or with regular PB as a means of giving us more 'volume' with our often whimpy PB portions....unless your name happens to be Ileen Natic :grumble:
    ....:lol:

'Course, there's always good old fashioned mustard and dill pickles :thumb:

9. EMARTINEZ

EMARTINEZ New Member

I love Dill weed on my salmon
    Ground Turmeric on my egg whites
    Saigon Cinnamon in my oats & coffee
    Mrs. Dash Southwest Chipotle on my chicken
    Paprika & Organic Mustard on my broiled Tilapi

I hope this helps.. It may sound a bit boring but it does make a huge difference. I am now going to buy more of the Waldem Farms products, I have only tried the syrup and really liked it.:thumb:

10. Inatic

Patti our publix carries it!/

:lol:

11. Breezy

Breezy Member

Sara, what is "Russian dressing"?

I like the WF 1000 island, really good on turkey burgers!

12. Breezy

Breezy Member

I agree w/ Patti about ALL the WF products EXCEPT the Chipotle Ranch, wish I could have sent ya mine b/c I tossed it! All those others though I <3 and I've found that WF products are basically good bases to add other stuff too, or add into other things. For the people that don't like 'em, yeah, they're not very good (taste fake) on their own but are totally useful if you get a lil creative. I love using the mallow dip as a base for frosting for protein cupcakes, it's really good with vanilla bean paste added in :)

13. Scarl3tbutt3rfly

Scarl3tbutt3rfly Motivated and ready!!

YEP! Totally agree here!

14. sgermain

sgermain New Member

WF makes a Russian dressing! It's really good :)

15. Tawna

Tawna New Member

Spicy "Remoulade" sauce: Walden farms thousand island, Dill relish, Siracha, liquid Stevia and lime juice-- I put this on everything and I like it EXTRA spicy :)

16. Inatic

i've never seen the russian. hmmm our kroger carries the whole line (i thought! lol )

Tawna, i spice up my 1000 island too.

17. Tawna

Tawna New Member

You're lucky they carry them at your Krogers. That's incredibly convienient. I have to go to 2 places to get the stuff if I want it because notevery place carries the same stuff...I have to be careful with WF. If I ingest it more than I should in a week I feel crappy...

18. pavermama

pavermama Rut Row!

I just picked up some of the Meijer gold orange and lemon pepper grinder and also the Fiesta Citrus by McCormick. Gonna try them on my fish tonight. Was looking for the Mrs. Dash lime something or other and they didn't have it so I opted to try these out. So many options you guys are bringing out! Yummy!

19. baybygirl31

baybygirl31 Member

20. pavermama

pavermama Rut Row!

Oh YUMMY!!! I'm so getting some of that!! Hubby will love it also!!!