First Meal

Discussion in 'Diet, Nutrition and Supplements' started by Tina, Sep 25, 2010.

1. Tina

Tina Well-Known Member

Do you eat your first meal as soon as you wake up?

2. Inatic

Inatic Ya Gotta Wanna! Moderator

i dont.

I often wake between 4-5 and dont eat till about 8:30 and sometimes as late as 10am. I dont train first thing so it doesnt affect that.

3. Anca

Anca Well-Known Member

I start getting the hungry stomach rumbles about half an hour after I get up. On training days, I wake up at 7.15 and eat my first meal an hour later on the way to the gym. On off days, I usually do fasted SS cardio and eat as soon as I get back (about 1.5-2 hrs after waking up).

4. Cathie

Cathie I have SFP :mecry:

I train at 4:30am so on training days, I eat half of M1 before I go to the gym and the other half when I get to work. On off training days, I prefer to do cardio fasted and eat M1 when I get home.

5. BigDog

BigDog Well-Known Member

No. Usually 2-3 hours after I wake.

6. Sowbug

Sowbug Member

For those of you that are saying that you do not "eat" your first meal when you wake up, do you have a beverage first? Coffee or tea with anything in it?

I personally don't eat anything the minute I wake up either, but I *do* have a cup of coffee with 100g skim milk, 15g heavy whipping cream and 1g Splenda.

While it's not technically a "meal" it *is* -something- so it's not like there is absolutley NOTHING going on until I eat "real food" 3 hours later.

Anyway, thought I'd throw that out there, for whomever posts next, to tell us if there is ANYTHING going in the mouth when you first wake up, as opposed to nothing.

So while you might not be porking down bacon and eggs, or steel cut oats with egg whites, ARE you having coffee or tea or something?

If I didn't have my coffee when I first got up, I'd be ready for breakfast in 1/2 hour.

I realize the "staving off" of hunger is caffeine related, I'm just saying - without coffee, I'd be a first thing in the morning breakfast eater.

Sorry for rambling,

Julia

7. mcv

mcv Blissfully Maintaining

I generally eat within about 15 minutes of waking up. :lol:

8. Babydi06

Babydi06 New Member

It has taken me about a week, but now that I am used to having a big breakfast in the morning I am hungry within a half our of waking up. :cheat:

9. katygowland

katygowland proving 'just doing it' works!

I make coffee on autopilot the second I wake up - black, instant, a pint of it - as I really can't do anything until I've drunk that and a pint of water... Then, if I'm up and out of the door training, I'll have something yoghurt-based straight after this, but if it's a rest day I'll have some fresh or dried fruit and take my time over things.

10. Inatic

i do have unsweetened black coffee.

11. ncfarris26

ncfarris26 Nicole

Same here. I train at 5am but at that time I am not hungry so I can only eat half of M1 and then I eat the rest later.

12. Milone79

Milone79 Member

I wake up at 6:30..my first meal isnt until 4:30pm....lol

I have black coffee when I wake up (but that isnt a meal)

Back when I used to eat like a regular human being I would have to wait about half an hour when I woke up before making breakfast...sometimes I would not have the urge to eat at all..I guess thats why I.F. style of eating came pretty easy for me.

13. Tina

Tina Well-Known Member

Whenever I try to start a routine of working out that early, I always have problems with getting food in before I work out, I don't want to eat too close to when I go because then I will feel sick, but then I'm also not hungry that early, and I don't want to train on empty.

14. glassmmam

glassmmam Well-Known Member

I have the coffee/creamer first thing, then have my breakfast about an hour or so before my WO... Weekends are harder if I have an 8:00 wo planned! :lol:

Do like the half meal before half after - that is how I'd do all my running races ... just enough to keep the belly happy, but not leave you stuffed :)

15. Cathie

Cathie I have SFP :mecry:

You're not suppose to train on an empty stomach. That's why I split M1 in half. It isn't much food when you split it. :lol: :dry:

16. BigDog

BigDog Well-Known Member

A pot of coffee with milk and Splenda.

17. char-dawg

char-dawg Mr. Observant

I don't eat or drink anything for a couple of hours. Usually up around 7:30-8:00, but generally don't eat until 9:30-10:00.

I will say that when I was younger it was different. I wanted breakfast more or less immediately after I got up.

18. kirstny

kirstny Well-Known Member

You've had amazing results with IF! I'm wondering if it might work for my hubby.
    Where did you find the info to follow the plan? Do I need to buy a book?
    Thanks!

Oh, and I have bfast right around when I get up. Up at 4:45, eating around 5:15.

19. Inatic

IF=, Martin Berkhan

20. smuggie

smuggie Maureen aka Mo

Get up, pee, get my grub on. [​IMG]