Fish Oil

Discussion in 'Diet, Nutrition and Supplements' started by KRM, Oct 1, 2012.

1. KRM

KRM New Member

Hello,

i have a question about fish oil. i am taking New Roots gel tab's, i take 2 a day. I have been reading many of the posts and see that a lot of women are taking 6 or more per day. The bottle says one pill twice a day, should i be taking more? Thank you.

2. Barrett9

Barrett9 New Member

Hi friends my query is that can someone tell me the advantages of getting fish oil?I don't know much about it, but I have been listening to how excellent it is. like some brands better than others? Does it issue if it is simple?Thanks!!

3. mackie

mackie With my hero, Brigitte Gabriel

Hi! There are several discussions in this forum on fish oils. On the main page of the "Diet, Nutrition and Supplements" forum, near the top of the page (right above the "Recipe" section) there is an option to "search forum". I can't recall which thread has the most information on the nutrient values, benefits and suggested amount but if you read through the threads, you'll find lots of info.

Personally, I use Costco brand. It also recommends 2 capsules (1000mg each) per day. But I take 6 - 9.
    I had switched to Krill Oil (a few informational threads on that too) for a while but back on Fish Oil again for now.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2012
  4. mackie

And oh! :doh: There are also some links to other fish oil threads at the bottom of this page.

5. Fit and Fab

Fit and Fab New Member

Hi! Fish oil is one of the best sources of Omega 3 fatty acids.However, the daily intake or dosage varies according to some factors such as health condition and age. If i may suggest, it is better to ask a medical doctor for the recommended daily intake of fish oil.

6. mackie

I disagree. Most medical doctors seem to know jack squat about nutrition. I think the person better suited to make recommendations is someone who is qualified to make suggestions for you entire diet in accordance with your overall fitness goals and current condition.

7. Inatic

Inatic Ya Gotta Wanna! Moderator

I'd trust E over any medical dr. Most have no CLUE about nutrition.
    Id suggest doing your own research.

8. mackie

:yeahthat: