Foam Rolling

Discussion in 'Training' started by Michael_70, Jun 30, 2006.

1. Michael_70

Michael_70 Learning to Live Again

Does anyone here foam roll your muscles or do you just do general streching?

(Where you roll the muscle on a hard piece of foam one inch at a time while holding each spot for 30-60 seconds?)

2. quickie

quickie Active Member

It works good. Self Myofasical techniques are helpfulf for recovery. You can also try a tennis ball.

3. smuggie

smuggie Maureen aka Mo

4. Cathou

Cathou Well-Known Member

Great article!

* click, save into favorite section*

I also found funny the ''What you need'' part, a leopard-skin thong for men??? :huh: :lol: :lol:

5. smuggie

smuggie Maureen aka Mo

A leopard skin thong on a man is really gay.

6. Cathou

Cathou Well-Known Member

Indeed!! Well gay or not: still :barf:

However, tight Calvin boxer look so hot on men :drool:

:gay: This smilie is so cute. :lol:

Back to serious stuff here,

I got confused at first about when I read ''Myofacial'', I though about facial streching, but then I had to re-read myself the title, ''Myofascial'' that is. I learned a new word tonight. :cool:

And I suppose you can find those roller foam over big brand store such as Rona L'Entrepôt, Réno Dépôt ( in Canada...), because I have worked once there and I never seen those stuff, only the small ones ( you know, to protect pipes...)... :unsure:

7. Michael_70

Thanks for the article Smuggie and Quickie I did try it and works well. Very well for Lats too!

Thx.

8. smuggie

smuggie Maureen aka Mo

No, you can't find them in retail stores of any kind.

You have to order them from an online store that sells physical fitness equipment.

Google foam rollers canada and you'll come up with something.

9. Leah

Leah Well-Known Member

Um....you need a new user title :quickie:

"Google it bitch!"

10. smuggie

smuggie Maureen aka Mo

Um....you need a new user title :quickie:

"Google it bitch!" [/b][/quote]
    :funny: :funny: :funny: :funny: :funny:

What can I say. I like to encourage people to research and learn for themselves. :lol:

11. jaleena

jaleena Banned

Being cheap/lazy and draping myself over the 2 side of a 2x4 wouldn't happen to be a reasonable alternative, would it? It does help...although sometimes doesn't want to stay upright :dry:

12. smuggie

smuggie Maureen aka Mo

If you're that cheap get a piece of PVC pipe.

13. jaleena

jaleena Banned

Okay. Going to Home Depot is easier than ordering something. I just happen to have lumber around my house. And it's more comfortable than the golfball I tried before. :oops: :lol:

14. DeeLovely79

DeeLovely79 Member

Wouldn't using the massage function on shower head work just as well? I brought one of those detachable showerheads with the massage setting, it is just heavenly with hot water right after a workout.

15. Erik

Erik Admin

Work like foam rolling? Umm no. Try the rolling on something like your ITB band, and when you're done screaming in pain, try the shower massage on it. You'll notice a tiny difference.

16. jaleena

jaleena Banned

Shower massage doesn't do anything for me. Maybe I'm too big for the little beads of water to pound my muscles sufficiently.

17. Michael_70

The shower massage is totally different as it does not put any pressure on the muscle. If you use foam or a hard ball with your weight on you will really feel it. Kind of feels like someone pushing on a bruse etc.

It does hurt and you'll sweat..but it feels good afterwards.

Like Thunder said, you can feel it on the ITB band especially..

18. smuggie

smuggie Maureen aka Mo

:lol:

19. DeeLovely79

DeeLovely79 Member

Okay maybe my shower head is different 'cause hurts when I take it down and direct it right at my quads or my arms but I see what you're saying about the pressure of your bodyweight on the roller.

20. smuggie

smuggie Maureen aka Mo

Don't think the therapeutic foam roller is soft and mushy. It's very hard and it hurts.