Frustrating-Don't Flame me =)

Discussion in 'Beginner Training & Nutrition' started by Phatgurl, Apr 26, 2012.

1. Phatgurl

Phatgurl New Member

I'm frustrated that so many people around me are on the HCG diet and losing weight like crazy. I'm doing it the old fashion way and I'm wanting their results and I know I can't get them. I know in my brain my way is the right way BUT...I want results too!!
    I would never do that to my body, I'm really just venting. I know the long term success is better doing it the right way, it is just frustrating...plus I want to do cardio and weights. You can't do that on the HCG diet!! How is that healthy?

2. Inatic

Inatic Ya Gotta Wanna! Moderator

why cant you get the same or better (it lasts!) results the old fashion way?

3. cdnmom2girls

cdnmom2girls Member

There are always going to be crazy -sometimes even sane - people doing crazy things that just don't make sense. I say forget about them - why spend your time worrying about things and people you can't change? - and spend that time researching and practicing what DOES make sense and what is good for your body not just now, but for the long-term as well. You can learn so much just by reading some of the articles available and browsing through this forum. Permanent physique changes come from the approach that long-term, permanent changes in focus need to happen. It's not a race, it's truly a journey.

4. brooket

brooket Active Member

:yeahthat:

5. baybygirl31

baybygirl31 Member

It's easy to get caught up in the hype of losing large amounts of weight in a small amount of time, especially when it's posted on nearly every magazine cover, Biggest Loser, etc. as if this is normal. It is not normal. It is not healthy. And the results usually don't last because there are no life lessons learned in the process. Old behaviors and patterns (haha I just typed that word with a "u" like Erik) are still there because they weren't addressed in the process. It's a journey that will last your lifetime.

It took me nearly SEVEN years to reach my initial fat-loss goal (it was a big goal :lol3:), and I can say I'm glad I did it nice and slow- on my own terms and all natural. Be patient, work the plan, and the results will take care of themselves; both physical and mental. Plus, the scale is not the know all-tell all. Just because they are losing big scale numbers, doesn't mean their shape is really changing, or that they are any healthier than they were before.

6. Phatgurl

Phatgurl New Member

I know you are all right. My logical mind KNOWS this! It's my instant gratification that wants the quick fix. I am doing it the right way, I promise. Thank you for ALL the support. This is a great board!!

7. Tianagonzalez

Tianagonzalez NEVER GIVE UP!!

Trust me.... slow and steady always wins....

8. Phatgurl

Phatgurl New Member

baybygirl.....7 years! That is amazing!!! Congratulations. It is a journey for sure.

9. LadyV

LadyV Member

I avoid the HCG discussions now. People dont want to listen and they want the quick easy fix, that they will have to do over and over because it doesn't stick.

10. Phatgurl

Phatgurl New Member

Lady V, you are so right! As with any quick fix, they don't last.

11. Erik

Erik Admin

Watch how much weight they GAIN!

12. krissy9876

krissy9876 Member

Don't. Do. It. Ever.
    Been there, done that. Screwed me up terribly. The short term "fix" turns into long term problems.
    I'm just so thankful I found Erik!!!

13. brooket

brooket Active Member

:yeahthat:

14. Tianagonzalez

:bugeyes: yup... ^^^ what he said!

15. Rocky

Rocky New Member

A chiropractor owns the gym I work at, & he PUSHES this HCG stuff big time. Especially because he charges over twice as much as other places around town. He will walk up to my clients & suggest it while I'm working them out & expects me to push it. GRRRR!!! I can't directly challenge him or get fired. In private I tell them all the dangers & beg them not to.

One of my clients is unbelievably beautiful with a killer body. She's just a genetic freak, but she's SO messed up in the head, plus her very wealthy husband is always putting her down (insecure Napoleon complex because she's so hot!). I begged her not to do it, but the doc overheard me & jumped my a$$. So she broke down & did it because she just "Can't diet or quit alcohol on her own without some kind of pill or something so she knows she can't eat." She leaned down to the point where she could have stepped on stage. Then her husband told her she was too skinny & looked manly (she's very muscular but feminine) & that her face looked awful. So she didn't even like herself then!

Then she decides to do it again because she gained 10 pounds back. This time, she was in the middle of her period when she started it, & it messed her up BIG TIME. Remember, it's a pregnancy hormone, so it can really screw up female hormones. She was so sick. Fortunately, the effects don't seem to have lasted. But I could not agree more that it doesn't address any of the mental or emotional issues. I would even go so far as to say it makes them worse.

I have seen bad rebounds, sicknesses, etc with that stuff. Plus the FDA just came out & said it can be fatal. The sad thing is, the women, especially, who are the most vulnerable due to their emotional issues are the ones easiest to prey on--& to separate from their money. Please don't do it!

16. Phatgurl

Phatgurl New Member

You all have great insight! I haven't and won't do it. I watch a lot of my coworkers who have lost a lot of weight, but I'll be interested to see if they can keep it off and what the long term effects are. I ride my broom enough, I don't need to mess with my hormones! =)

17. 2009public

2009public Member

Exactly!!

18. 2009public

2009public Member

my close friend and I got bathing suit ready last summer. She did HCG. She lost weight fast, BUT she couldn't work out. Basically, she became a smaller (flabbier) version of herself. And she was kind of moody :huh: She has gained it all back + some.

19. Tianagonzalez

^^^ exactly....

20. Erik

Erik Admin

You might as well just fast. I mean if the logic is just to eat 500 calories and starve yourself, why eat at all? Or why not get hardcore and eat 250 calories?

See how this logic just implodes on itself?