GOOD LUCK NOEL!

Discussion in 'Competitors Corner' started by hydrick, Nov 18, 2008.

1. Mols

Mols My BFF

Is there a link to pics? Besides that one earlier in this thread that just brings me to a million pictures that arnt organized into classes or anything

2. WannaGetLean

WannaGetLean Time to get Shredded :)

3. straitshooter

straitshooter Active Member

Noel, you did look awesome for sure. You have the exact physique that I would strive for myself....definitely. But then again, i prefer a more muscled look :)

However, I disagree w/ the poster that said that the winner had a "saggy butt" and "lacked definition". She most certainly didn't have either!....but what can you do? I think if you are going to compete in this ridiculous sport, you just have to deal w/ the haphazzard judging. It's time the NPC got it's act together. :(

4. Erik

Erik Admin

The really unfortunate thing is that these pictures are crap. I haven't seen one picture that represented anyone as well as they truly looked. They add a significant degree of 'softness' to practically everyone.

5. Erik

Erik Admin

Agreed.

The winner of F was good - Noel and I were just that if we wanted anyone to win that class, it would be her. (outside of Noel of course)

6. SusanF

SusanF Enjoying wedded bliss

:goodpost:

7. Erik

Erik Admin

Well, I guess overall it was in part a disappointing weekend, but on the other hand it also wasn't.

Disappointing - the actual result. 8th? :blink:

The positives? This is exactly what we were told to do with Noel, so in that sense we're both really, really happy with her physique. We were given an objective to meet, and it was definitely met.

Given Noel was second in June, winning the two piece with straight firsts, this was confusing, given she looked very similar, albeit a little fuller through the shoulders and harder throughout. So when she didn't get first call out, I didn't know what to think.

After round 1, I was given feedback. Basically, what I was told was that the NPC annual meeting occurred two days ago (Thursday). At that meeting the bikini division was officially added to the NPC contests, but they also changed their requirements for figure .... yes, two days prior to the show.

I'd think a new directive would be put in place in 09, but it was immediate.

In short, while this was what they were looking for, it now isn't. I was told she was too muscular and too hard for this show. Like I said, the pictures are terrible - you can even see on other boards where people who were there are saying she was the best conditioned/hardest girl in the show.

In fact, she was told specifically to NOT flex her legs at all - hence no pictures showing much leg separation, which she had in spades.

So we were instructed to drop a good 10 lbs of muscle and not come in as hard in future shows. We'll see.

8. Erik

Erik Admin

And I'll add that a big highlight of the weekend was the great group we had. What an awesome time we all had together. Definitely a memorable time, seeing friends again, meeting new ones, etc.

Awesome group for this one.

9. Marie

Marie FITS Lifestyle

Thanks Erik for the update!
    How could they change the requirements just before the show..
    Doesn't sound right to me!
    She still should of been in the top 5! (in my judgement!!)

10. fluteangel

fluteangel Well-Known Member

That poster would be me, but I wasn't talking about the girl who won, I was referencing several of the ladies who placed above Noel and was referring to their much softer look. They didn't have near the definition Noel did and I'm shocked they placed higher than her. Guess the judges like less muscle? :wtf:

11. Erik

Erik Admin

The 5th place one in particular - her butt. :blink:

12. fluteangel

fluteangel Well-Known Member

:yeahthat:

I don't understand how she could place higher than Noel? I'm wondering what figure competing is coming to. The competitors know what we want and we like, but the judges can't seem to make up their minds. That leads to a lot of frustrated people...

13. fitmonkey

fitmonkey Well-Known Member

I like Noel and her the best as well for physiques. The rest of the top 2-7 though... "wtf?" is all I could think.
    Of course they have better physiques than I, but Noel would literally have to regress to get to that point.

Oh the frustration...

14. smuggie

smuggie Maureen aka Mo

Drop 10 lbs. of muscle? :wtf: After she worked so frickin' hard to get her physique to where it is?

15. fitmonkey

fitmonkey Well-Known Member

I agree. thats horse sh!t.

• Like Like x 2
  16. straitshooter

straitshooter Active Member

agreed. if i worked as hard as Noel and then was told i needed to drop 10lbs of muscle, i'd tell them to go shove it and then find a new sport :)

• Like Like x 1
  17. smuggie

smuggie Maureen aka Mo

You took the words right out of my mouth.

18. Cara

Cara Uh-oh! I smell redneck!

:yeahthat:

She brought her best and looked fantastic! :love:

19. donnajo

donnajo Feeling Strong!

Well, if they don't want muscle then go to two peices only and call it a bikini contest. JMO. I kept picking the more muscular girls and of course those did not place well. What is the point of this? Um, we lift weights. :shrug:

Once again I am not impressed with how this figure stuff works........but I am impressed with Noel! You brought your best and your best is awesome.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2008
  20. mcv

mcv Blissfully Maintaining

Noel - amazing! And if the pics don't do you justice than you must have looked :eek:mg: :drool: