"Green" drink

Discussion in 'Diet, Nutrition and Supplements' started by schultzn, Aug 25, 2008.

1. schultzn

schultzn Member

Does anyone drink a "Green" drink daily? Do you add it to you protein drink or drink it seperately? What do you do to make it taste good? Mine is good mixed with apple juice, but I'm trying to stray away from the extra sugar/calories from juice.

2. jmr1228

jmr1228 Member

I use Trader Joe's Very Green Powder -- 30 cals for one serving -- and just add it to my protein shake. My shake is almost always chocolate, so that flavor pretty much overpowers it.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Erik

Erik Admin

1. I do - Greens+ Daily Detox

2. No, I drink it separately. It would completely ruin the shake.

3. Nothing. Just pound it. :lol:

4. Cara

Cara Uh-oh! I smell redneck!

:ditto:

I find that the colder the water, the better. It's swampy tasting with warmer tap water. I have Berry flavored Greens +. It doesn't help much, though. :yucky:

5. Petro

Petro Well-Known Member

When do you all drink it? first thing in the morning? I haven't done one in a long time but it might be a good idea for me to start up again

6. Cara

Whenever I remember or can stomach it. :lol:

7. RpH

RpH I'm actually educated

Why do you all drink it?

8. Cara

Because I don't eat any of my fibrous veggies.

9. Petro

Petro Well-Known Member

How could you not eat veggies...I'm going to have to come whip you into line girl...veggies are my favorite part of life:whipped:

10. Cara

I like veggies OK, but I have to be in the mood for them. I'd say I eat them once every 2-3 days. My favorites are bell peppers and broccoli. I could take or leave the rest, though occasionally I like a big salad. :shrug:

11. Inatic

Inatic Ya Gotta Wanna! Moderator

:buddies: Me too! I LOVEEEEEEEEEEEEEe veggies.

12. Cathie

Cathie I have SFP :mecry:

:shock:

Really? I LOVE my veggies. Wherever my plan says "optional veggies", I eat the max amount allowed. :piggie:

13. schultzn

schultzn Member

I love my veggies too -- no way I could go without. However the "green" drink just seems like an extra added "good for you" boost.

14. fluteangel

fluteangel Well-Known Member

Vitamin Shoppe has a greens blend too that's really good, it's their brand so it's cheaper and both flavors (tropical and berry) are yummy. I used to drink that after a meal if I was craving dessert or sweets, and that shut up my craving!

Greens+ Berry flavored is good too, if you can find it!

15. Scarl3tbutt3rfly

Scarl3tbutt3rfly Motivated and ready!!

Me and my hubby were talking about this yesterday, and I saw Erik mention it on his FB today. Anyone have a recommendation. My hubby is not a veggie eater and someone was mentioning to him yesterday that with all the protein he eats he probably is running really acidic and may be a reason for some of his "issues". I was looking up Greens + when I saw this, is the berry flavor exactly the same just berry flavor? I had thought of taking something like this in the past. Although I try and eat my veggies..but sometimes I'm not as good at it as I should be either. Any other recommendations?

16. stephm2010

stephm2010 In Motion

I drink a chlorophyll supp to help alkalize. It's minty and refreshing

17. Erik

Erik Admin

Greens+ by Genuine Health for me. Pretty sure this is the original one.

Mine is the Daily Detox one - Green Apple; smells great ... :lol:

18. fluteangel

fluteangel Well-Known Member

I've tried several greens drinks, and yes, the Berry flavored Greens + (unless they've changed the formula recently) is exactly the same as the regular Greens+, just berry flavored.

I've also tried one by Amazing Grass , and the chocolate one is pretty tasty, it's got a nice chocolate flavor, but if you don't shake it up enough, all the green stuff settles to the bottom and then you feel like you're drinking the lawn after you just drank some chocolate milk :)

19. Inatic

Inatic Ya Gotta Wanna! Moderator

Hi Angela! :D

Erik do you count the calories in this for yourself? Clients?

20. hoopinjenn

hoopinjenn The Penis Genius

yes, inquiring minds need to know!