Happy Noms- Corinne's Recipies

Discussion in 'Recipes' started by baybygirl31, Apr 12, 2012.

1. baybygirl31

baybygirl31 Member

Welcome. This tool is AWESOME!

2. Rachel

Rachel Member

Just tried this! Awesome! With the options, do you account for those in the macros given at the bottom?

3. Askinner11

Askinner11 Active Member

Thanks for sharing!!! :hug:

4. tellybelle

tellybelle Member

THANK YOU SOOOOOOO VERY MUCH! Your awesome!!

5. baybygirl31

baybygirl31 Member

Hi Rachel- No the optional items are not included in macros; however adding one or two of them won't make a big difference because they have no (or very minimal- SFFF pudding) calories/carbs. I use them sparingly for just enough flavor.

6. baybygirl31

baybygirl31 Member

Welcome ladies! Hope you enjoy them like I do.

7. baybygirl31

baybygirl31 Member

Food Finds

Thought I'd share a list of some of my recent favorite food finds.

Sugar Free Brown Sugar and Cinnamon Torani Syrup

- Great for your on-plan pancakes, muffins, cookies, oatmeal, etc. A little goes a long way, and it's calorie free. I found mine at World Market for about $7.

Unexpected Cheddar Cheese

- If you're a cheese lover, you'll :love: this. Tons of flavor and perfect for those days you just need some full fat cheese. It's only available at Trader Joe's, and for a limited time only.

Canadian Bacon

- Adds lots of flavor to those egg whites and you get about 5 slices for 50 calories! I think it's more flavorful than regular ham.

Happy Noms!!

8. Rocky

Rocky New Member

Oh, OK, duh--my math was off! Not unusual! LOL!

Yes, I have the food calculator. I don't have almond milk anywhere on my plan though, so I didn't know if I could add the calories, or is it enough to matter? I use the unsweetened vanilla almond breeze.

9. tellybelle

tellybelle Member

Prepped the breakfast bread pudding for in the morning!! Can't wait!!

Trying the stretched SP this weekend. :) thank you!!

10. tellybelle

tellybelle Member

WOW! SCORE!!!!!!
    The Breakfast bread pudding was amazing!!!! Thank You So very much for sharing!

11. baybygirl31

baybygirl31 Member

:thumb:

12. baybygirl31

baybygirl31 Member

Food Find

Apple, cinn. & grains cereal from Bob's Red Mill. For my 40g of oats, I can sub for 61 (!!!) grams of this cereal. Tastes yummy with strawberries or applesauce added. I also made pancakes with it, and it worked well.

http://www.bobsredmill.com/apple-cinn.-grains-cereal.html

13. jamistar77

jamistar77 Well-Known Member

Wow! Now THAT'S a sub!

14. Inatic

Inatic Ya Gotta Wanna! Moderator

what is the consistency like?

15. Tianagonzalez

Tianagonzalez NEVER GIVE UP!!

These recipes are amazing.... Thank you Corinne! :)

16. baybygirl31

baybygirl31 Member

It's kinda like CoW, but a little grittier. The longer it sits though, the softer the grains get. I really like it, and am STUFFED after I eat it! I add my strawberries to it too.

17. brooket

brooket Active Member

Nice! So, did you just cook them per package instructions? Or, you let it soak then cook, or 'let it sit' after you cooked it?

I know, the QUESTIONS! I just don't want to screw them up like I did Sophie's oats, lol ;)

18. patti

patti Active Member

Hi Corinne~
    The Bob's cereal looks & sounds delish! Was wondering, though, if the apples interfere with our fruit calcs? Haven't found it, yet, but will check Whole Foods & maybe our Publix Greenwise markets next week.

Still loving your bread pudding recipe, but subbing cooked brown rice...you know, the "volume" thing... plus, there's more chewing involved when eating the rice, so it satisfies the :piggie: in me :lol:

Speaking of food finds, Ila once mentioned WF Miracle Mayo. I threw up in my mouth a little at the first mention of it, but had a 'hankering' for chicken salad one day. I figured I'd give it a try. Lo & behold, it wasn't bad! It's not really like mayo in terms of taste - it's probably closer to a sweet Miracle Whip. Instead of PP after my workout, I subbed diced chicken mixed with some diced celery and put it on a well toasted Pepperage Farms Deli Flat, and some lettuce leaves, of course! It was really filling as PWO.

Keep the good stuff coming! :cheat:

19. Inatic

Inatic Ya Gotta Wanna! Moderator

<WF thousand island dressing makes a great 'mayo' sub. I've never tried the actual WF mayo tho.>

20. patti

patti Active Member

Haven't tried that one! Ila also mentioned the Sesame Ginger, and I decided to give that a try, too. I was really surprised by how versatile that is. Last week, Publix had a special on WF dressings, so I'm stocked with the Honey Mustard, Chipotle, & Ginger Sesame. I have bottles of Ranch & Ceasar that I thought DD would like, but they just keep getting pushed to the back of the 'salad dressing section' in my fridge :lol:
    My other favorites are the Choc Dip & Caramel Dip - and the Pancake syrup. Oh, yeah, the raspberry spread you recommended is a good one,too. They can keep their Choc Syrup! Not sure about the PB spread, either. I keep thinking it might be useful in stretching PB, or to use when that gets yanked from me (I just know that's going to happen, as I've fallen too deeply in love with my PB!), but it just doesn't impress me, yet.