Happy Noms- Corinne's Recipies

Discussion in 'Recipes' started by baybygirl31, Apr 12, 2012.

1. jamistar77

jamistar77 Well-Known Member

The cals don't seem to add up right according to the package?? Does anyone else come up with a different cals per gram.. I had the same issue with hodgsons oat bran.

2. Inatic

Inatic Ya Gotta Wanna! Moderator

hmmmm the cals come in way under for me?
    carbs 16x4 =76
    fats 1 x 9 = 9
    prot 3g x 4 =12
    total 85? not 110?

3. patti

patti Active Member

...what's going on here :scratch:? What is this 'calculation' thingy you are doing? Is this something we are supposed to do?:eh:

4. Inatic

Erik will sometime run the numbers if something looks funny....

5. jamistar77

Ileen. That's what I got too. Hard to know what do always go by . :/

6. baybygirl31

baybygirl31 Member

Um, so does that mean we get even MORE? :piggie:

I must have miscalculated because when I ran the numbers, it matched their calorie count.

7. Tianagonzalez

Tianagonzalez NEVER GIVE UP!!

LOLOLOL that cracked me up!

8. Inatic

:buddies:

I sent them an email.

9. baybygirl31

baybygirl31 Member

Awww, that was nice of you!! Thanks I! :hug:

10. tellybelle

tellybelle Member

I ordered some online this weekend, so I'll be checking to see what the verdict is :) Thanks for emailing them Ileen

11. Tawna

Tawna New Member

Ileen saves lives!!!! :)

12. baybygirl31

baybygirl31 Member

:bowdown: to Ileen! I think she needs her own emoticon.

13. brooket

brooket Active Member

:yeahthat:

14. baybygirl31

baybygirl31 Member

White Turkey Chili

White Turkey Chili

I've really been craving a hearty bowl of chili. Even though the weather is starting to warm up, I find that I'm always cold. I guess walking around in wet workout clothes most of the time doesn't help. This one is gonna hit the spot tonight after the gym! Plus I'll have enough to save for a meal or two when I go to Yosemite next week.

This is a sub for my protein/carb meal.

538g raw Ground Turkey, fat-free (99%)
    360g Fire Roasted Crushed Tomatoes
    385g Great Northern Beans, Organic
    480g Kidney Beans, Organic
    60g Mild Diced Green Chiles
    1 package Carroll Shelby's White Chicken Chili Kit (in the box)
    1 cup water

I like to keep my food prep simple, and it doesn't get any easier than this one. Throw all the ingredients into the crock pot, and cook. I cooked mine overnight on low. The turkey was still frozen too. :p If you need to cut down on the carbs, you could omit/lessen the amount of beans and omit/lessen the amount of masa corn flour (included in the chili kit). This is my training day meal, so the more carbs the better!

Macros per serving: Cals 315, Protein 36.4, Carbs 38.6, Fat 2.7 (makes 5 servings)

Use the below link to see the exact ingredients, and even modify the recipe to fit your macros.

Read more: http://caloriecount.about.com/white-chicken-chili-recipe-r1025694#ixzz1tv942Dw8

15. jamistar77

Corrine! you're awesome! I've so been wanting chili! Thanks for posting!

I hope we can get the answer on the correct cals for that cereal... I hate it when manufacturers mess that stuff up! :)

16. michele.m

michele.m Member

fabulous recipes!
    these all look amazing...

17. jamistar77

CORRINE. I LOVE YOU..
    So, I made the Strawberry Coconut flap jacks.. AMAZING! TOTAL MOUTHGASM! I cant believe I never thought of making my loaves etc with the coconut extract! I'm hooked! I'm prepping my breakies out for the next couple days. I'm making strawberry coconut loaf, banana coconut loaf and straw-nana loaf. I also made one for my mom! She's going to love it! I added unsweetened shredded coconut to hers as well, she gets banana as she is allergic to strawberries. She thinks my clean eating is bland... she's gotta nutha thing coming! WOOT!

18. jamistar77

View attachment 6879
    Steawberry coconut oat bran muffin. Banana coconut oat bran muffin, strawnana oat bran muffins yay!

19. Inatic

Beautiful!
    Are those are ea one serving?

20. jamistar77

Yes Ma'am, they are one serving each.. pretty nice huh! I changed the recipe a wee bit.. For these loaves, I only used 4 egg whites. I found out that if I use more than 4 egg whites, they deflate and turn out almost too eggy. I just like the texture better, and I sub PP for the other 2 egg whites.

Another exciting find! I found that apple cinnamon hot cereal that Corrine mentioned earlier, in our grocery store! Its a new item for them, and I was super excited! Now I dont have to order it online! WOOT!