Have you found what works for your body??

Discussion in 'Diet, Nutrition and Supplements' started by Blondell, Aug 8, 2007.

1. Blondell

Blondell Former Postwhore

Seeing that there are different approaches to dropping bodyfat (ex. low carb, low fat, etc), have you found what you feels works for your body? And if so, how long did it take you to figure it out?

2. Sportsgirl

Sportsgirl Well-Known Member

Yes :yippee:

Well, if you count from the time I started going to the gym and trying to lose fat - 10 years :lol3:

3. vtchick

vtchick Chunky Monkey

Yes...Erik has worked for my body. :p And it took me just two weeks to figure out that I need to do whatever he tells me :treadmill: , eat when and what he tells me :eggos: , and the body will do what I want it to. :happy05:

I wish I had learned this 7 years ago!!

4. Mols

Mols My BFF

Yes to some extent, still learning though. I have learned what NOT to eat more than a couple times a week :) But then again, sometimes I think I know whats making me feel like crap, and then the next day I have it and im just fine. BAN?! Its takin me a couple years to figure out that I seriously wasnt eating enough to gain weight, but since starting with E I learned I had NO clue. Thank goodness my eyes opened up and even after the first month with Erik, and not being on plan 100%, I have learned. So far this plan, im ON ON ON and seeing/feeling results, its awesome.

5. Blondell

But, have you learned your body for yourself through Erik??

If you didn't have him, would you know how to set it up for yourself to get results?

6. Blondell

same question as post above...

7. TillyT

TillyT All Over It

Nope.

8. Cass

Cass Well-Known Member

Yes.

:lifter: Hard. :cardio: More. :cheat: Less.

• Like Like x 1
  9. strongchick

strongchick Well-Known Member

Yes.

It took awhile but I got a groove.

10. vtchick

vtchick Chunky Monkey

I've learned a lot about what works for me and my body through him, and through committing to the work involved. I think as far as setting it up for myself, I still have quite a bit to learn, but I will get there. ;)

11. synergyb3

synergyb3 Well-Known Member

I learned what works and then my body changed and my level of exercise changed and what worked previously no longer worked. Then I had to learn new things that would work. And then my body changed and nothing seemed to work and I am doing my best to learn again...

12. Blondell

I've noticed that this is the case w. many people. Is it a drastic change in what works, or is it that things don't work as well as they used to BUT still are rather effective?

13. Espi

Espi perfumes, not chocolate!

What worked was: do less in the gym and let the diet do most of the cutting instead of the other way round.
    While I enjoyed working out very much, it also made me feel overtrained more often for which eating more was the best self-medication.

Also: not to get too hung up on "have to stick to eating less than xx g of carbs". I still limit my carbs, but never go lower than 50g anymore. Going too low gives cravings, going too high doesn't result in fat loss. Targeted carb intake (carb cycling if that's how you like to call it) is what works best.
    And blasphemy of blasphemies: have dropped protein intake to barely 2g/kg BW and feel just as fine as on 3g/kg BW (including dairy and PP).

More radical stuff:
    - abstaining from all grains & most legumes as well as dairy coz' of allergy tissues helps with fat loss (an allergy seems to have an effect on thyroid levels)
    - reducing meal frequency to 2 meals plus 2 pcs of fruit on rest days,viz a revised IF-approach.. me likey very much to not think about food constantly on a low kcal day

14. jackieleigh

jackieleigh is back at it ;)

I have learned what works for me...

I need carbs, and I need them all day long. I do high carb, low fat, moderate protein.

I am satisfied, I'm not hungry, I'm losing weight, and I have more energy than I have had in a while

15. Blondell

I'm the complete opposite. :lol: While I LOVE carbs, they don't keep me satisfied for long. 1 cup cc and 1oz of walnuts keep me fuller than the same amount of cals in oats/egg whites. Proteins w/ fats are miracle workers for me......that is, once I get past the carb cravings. :oops: :lol3:

16. dolce

dolce Member

still trying to find out exavtly what works best for me
    to me its getting it set "mentally" with diet
    stress makes me want to eat..i want "comfort food"
    i dont do well with refeeds at all..
    i do well with carbs.
    hitting the gym hasnt been too much of a problem.

17. Sportsgirl

I've only started to crave carbs the leaner I got. Before I used to love love fats. Now it's carbs carbs carbs! :drool:
    Having said that, I have some great smoked almonds sitting in my cupboard :cheat:

18. Blondell

I had this happen during my prep. DO NOT EAT 3 BAGELS! :oops: :lol3:

19. Sportsgirl

Thanks for the tip :lol:

20. ladybug

ladybug Member

This was/is very true for me as well. Also, Blondell, like you I feel better on more protein/fat (keeps me fuller longer) I love carbs, but they just don't satiate like fats do.

I also had to learn to let go of eating on a schedule...made my life much more enjoyable