Hey Waitlisters......

Discussion in 'Beginner Training & Nutrition' started by pinkgloves, Aug 6, 2011.

1. pinkgloves

pinkgloves I SHALL NOT FLAG NOR FAIL

For everyone on the waitlist, I thought we could start a thread for us to hang out and share ideas while we wait. Instead of concentrating on how long we have waited or how much longer we have, lol, we can share some positive and helpful ideas on here!! (For the gals and guys on programs now, feel free to jump in and offer us some tips, etc as well. )

What I am doing while on Erik's waitlist are.....
    1. reading as many articles as I can from Erik
    2. reading through everyone's journals :wave:
    3. starting to develop good habits drinking all that water! (alot for me)
    4. taking my multivitamins and fish oil (had never taken fish oil before)
    5. I purchased Amy's Curls and Whey cookbook (great little book with very simple, fun, yummy recipes that should be super easy to work into our plans)
    6. Still doing my workouts as I know how. I am using a plan from the body building website and concentrating on good form and lifting heavier
    7. I have been cleaning out my frig, freezer, and today my tupperware cabinet. Now it is all organized to have my little containers ready to prep and package meals for the week once I have my plan. (I do what I know how now with chicken, brown rice or sweet potatoes, and broccoli). Works great having a few days worth of lunches, dinners ready for myself.
    8. Brainstorming how I can make and prep my meals and also prepare family dinners and make that all work together easily (suggestions will be helpful once I get on plan)
    9. Preparing mentally and organizing in my brain how I will handle different situations that will come up with family parties, dinners out, weekends away, etc.
    10. my favorite...looking through all the before and after photos, but more importantly, seeking and foucusing on the gals that are similar to my current body shape and the after photos that are similar to my goals.

So those are my thoughts for now. Would love for all the waitlisters to chime in and share what you are doing. Would love to hear from Erik any thoughts you have and also from the LBCers than can give some insight :hug:

• Like Like x 2
  2. Erik

Erik Admin

Nice idea.

3. patti

patti Active Member

Love it!! And it sounds like you're on the right track!
    I'm doing the same here - reading the posts here whenever I have a few minutes, cleaning up my diet (which was a total mess - thanks to too much input from too many different sources...and the husband and kids who, in spite of my tantrums, still bring crap into the home!)
    I still have to get the cookbook...
    Thinking ahead is always a good idea when it comes to meals...the old saying "failing to plan is planning to fail" kept going through my head this week. When I didn't have my meals figured out, it seemed to mess everything up.
    As you said, with a family, we'll have to be prepared!

It will be great to have the LBC family to help keep us accountable!
    P

4. pinkgloves

Hi Patti! So glad you are here with me! :wave:

5. patti

patti Active Member

I've spent way too much time the last couple days trying to figure out how to start a journal here... I'd appreciate your help :hug:

6. Inatic

Inatic Ya Gotta Wanna!

Patti go to the journal section and just start a new thread.. Make sure to fill in the title :)

7. pinkgloves

Hi Patti...did you figure it out??? :huh:

8. pinkgloves

Forgot to say that I also got to get to a store to get a digital scale and start playing around with it. Never weighed anything before or counted calories. Just need to practice....hee :eek:

9. patti

patti Active Member

Thanks, Ilene - I was trying to make it more involved....

"Pinky" (sorry, couldn't resist) - I'll hit the journal right after lunch.

As for the scale, right now I'm using a Biggest Loser scale from Bed Bath & Beyond ($20) - figured it'd be okay for starters. Always open to suggestions, though.
    I find the food weighing kind of fun :ruloco: - mostly, it keeps the calorie and macros numbers more accurate! Just as an example, if you scoop out your protein powder and eyeball it in the measuring cup it comes with, it may be really far off the amount you're aiming for. If you measure it on the scale in grams, you might find you'll actually have to ADD more powder to get what you want. (Unfortunately, I've found the opposite to be true for things like nut butters and other indulgences...I usually have to put some back :crying:)

P

10. pinkgloves

Patti...I love Pinky...lol :love0011:

11. uberlibrarian

uberlibrarian What would Missy do?

Does anyone have a recommendation for a food scale? I've never used one either. I have a feeling I've been way over-estimating...

12. Inatic

Inatic Ya Gotta Wanna!

target and walmart have them.. nothing major expense.. having TARE and GRAMS is a bonus.

13. ncfarris26

ncfarris26 Nicole

:yeahthat: Mines a $20 no name from Walmart.

14. Amy

Amy Just say no to CANDY!!!

:yeahthat:

And really, you now need grams, not just ounces.

15. Inatic

Inatic Ya Gotta Wanna!

:doh: meant NEED grams.. oy!

16. shimmeringpearl

shimmeringpearl Member

While I am waiting to see if my husband will let me be on the waitlist I am:

1) Reading as much as I can
    2) REALLY focusing on eating clean and not buying or cooking foods that are not (anyone in the house wanting other food can use his/her own money and gas to get it)
    3) Making sure I get 5 days of good cardio in
    4) looking for a lifting program that will give me balance and strength
    5) I really need to work on flexibility, it is not pretty.
    6) Building up a rock solid case to present to make sure my hubby will back me...if he doesn't I will need a plan B.
    7) This goes with cardio-I am going to try something new each week

That is all I have, starting at square 2 here!

17. stephm2010

stephm2010 In Motion

Check the everything for effective training sticky and ask lots of questions :) they helped me figure out a good routine. I would focus on that way more than the cardio.

18. shimmeringpearl

shimmeringpearl Member

I will print it and read it today, thanks! Maybe I am confused as to what it takes to burn fat.

19. Erik

Erik Admin

DIET!

20. stephm2010

stephm2010 In Motion

:wave:

While I'm on the wait list I am

1) trying to control my excitement that I am actually on the wait list.. Hehe
    2) weighing, measuring, and tracking all of my food on live strong
    3) training in the gym and loving it
    4) trying to make new friends on here, because I love taking to people with common goals
    5) trying to find balance between food, fitness, and life
    6) learning learning learning
    7) trying to pay it forward in any way I can because I feel so blessed for the help I have already received.
    8) learning to love my body for being so powerful and forgiving
    9) studying and practicing proper form on all of the basic (some not so basic, hang clean anyone???) lifts.
    10) practicing getting my mind rigt and transferring from dieting mindset to lifestyle mindset.
    11) journaling all of my workouts and diet

That's it for now :)