Hey Waitlisters......

Discussion in 'Beginner Training & Nutrition' started by pinkgloves, Aug 6, 2011.

1. KAW795

KAW795 Member

Love my Versa Gripps and the pocket scale has really come in handy during my travels. Two great tools.

2. kdbaker_05

kdbaker_05 Member

Okay, I gotta ask....what is a pocket scale?

3. Inatic

Inatic Ya Gotta Wanna! Moderator

google mini digital scales. Ebay often has them pretty cheap.

4. kdbaker_05

kdbaker_05 Member

Just out of curiousity is it really that useful to have?

I always plan ahead and bring my food with me and I have a scale at home. How often do you really use this thing? It's a great idea, I'm just curious to how much use it actually gets.

5. Inatic

it might be useful once in a blue moon but I dont think that important unless you are in strict contest prep/down to the wire... One can easily eat out on plan without being that obsessive.

6. kdbaker_05

kdbaker_05 Member

7. Tina

Tina Well-Known Member

Talking about scales, not the food ones..Do you girls weigh yourself at the gym or do you have a scale at home you always use? I need to get a new scale.

8. kdbaker_05

kdbaker_05 Member

I use the one at my house, but I keep one in my trainer bag too. The one at our gym is a piece of crap.

9. Inatic

weigh only at home, 'empty' lol...

how can you weigh yourself after eating excetra, at the gym :uhuh:

10. MrsTish

MrsTish Member

KD....I work on call 12 hour shifts that can become 16 and 18 hours at times . I usually all my food prep but if I've run out of food for the day...because my day is longer than expected or I get called into work and planned to be home......kid stuff or whatever..... Or an unexpected resteraunt trip.... And of course for traveling mostly. This is my thinking.
    Just another way for me to assure my compliance :)

11. MrsTish

MrsTish Member

buwahahahaaaaaaa.......

12. Miss Silly

Miss Silly The Peanut Gallery

Yeah i weight myself at home, first thing in the morning (no more than 1x a week LOL) after I pee :) I have a digital scale which i much prefer over the dial ones, which is what my gym has. Also, i like to have a consistent reading as possible and when i'm at the gym, my fluid/food intake before creates too many big variables. Plus my gym clothes weigh 8 lbs. True story. LOL ;-P

I just ordered some of those versa grips after reading a lot about them here ;-) pretty stoked! Splurged on the pink pros LOL

13. Tina

Tina Well-Known Member

I used to always weigh myself before a workout in the gym changeroom because there is a scale there. I never wanted to own one. Either that or weigh myself at other people's houses but that isn't always accurate :p

I know that I'll probably have to invest in one for accurate biweekly's..

14. Inatic

but you've eaten and had liquids?

15. Tina

Tina Well-Known Member

Your gym clothes weigh 8 lbs? lol

16. Tina

Tina Well-Known Member

Yes, I know. :) I never wanted to rely on numbers in the past, so I didn't weigh myself very often. I just went by how I looked and felt. I know I will have to get a scale so I can have a more accurate number and keep track more closely.

I thought some people weighed themselves at the gym :shrug: I know it's mostly first thing in the morning.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2011
  17. Miss Silly

Miss Silly The Peanut Gallery

Hahahha actually i need to amend that. Right now they weigh about 20 lbs. ;-P

18. Debbie

Debbie Official since 2/15/2012

Are you working out in a parka and snow boots? :lol3: I have an awesome image of you at the gym now!

19. Inatic

I thought a wt vest lol

20. Christin12

Christin12 New Member

MY EMAIL CAME TODAY!!!!:banana::happy05::party2::icon_dance::icon_dance::icon_dance:....

• Like Like x 1