House Temperatures

Discussion in 'Mindless Banter' started by Erik, Dec 3, 2008.

1. smuggie

smuggie Maureen aka Mo

Wow!! A sweltering 60-62. [​IMG]

2. Amy

Amy Just say no to CANDY!!!

65-68 at night. I would drop it lower, but the kids freeze. 72ish during the day. I hate being cold during the day, but have to have it cold at night so I can sleep :sad:

3. schultzn

schultzn Member

During the day -- 58, when we're home at night 60-62. We just wear sweatshirts/slippers/socks around the house to save money.

4. Petro

Petro Well-Known Member

72-74....and yes my heat bill is through the roof....but it is better than my having hypothermia

5. Sportsgirl

Sportsgirl Well-Known Member

Between 18-20 degrees C. It's like hell outside here though, so I like it COOL.

6. trinitylove

trinitylove Buff in spirit

62 at night. (we use flannel sheets and an electric blanket)
    70 during the day
    it's 8 degrees here. zero with wind chill. it's not even winter yet.:mad:

7. pixie

pixie Well-Known Member

Ah you throw on a sweater and some slippers and keep the heat bills down.
    :lol:

8. TriciaE

TriciaE My Sweet Clipper

59-60 at night and 66-67 during the day

We're kind of strange, but when it's winter we dress like it! :lol:
    You know, wool socks, sweaters...I like bundling up. It makes me feel cozy.

Seriously it's a bit cold at times and we turn the heat when needed, but we HATE paying for it.

Now in the summer time that's a different story - I hate being hot and sweaty so I'll crank up the air. I do keep the blinds and shades shut in different parts of the house throughout the day to keep it cool and keep the cost down, but for some reason I don't care what we pay for the air. :lol:

9. fitmonkey

fitmonkey Well-Known Member

Man! I thought I kept my house freezing at 68 degrees. I hate it that cold, but its affordable that way. During the summer I get it my way and the house stays in the 76-78 range. Thats is where I'd have it all the time if it was me.

10. Donna

Donna Member

I turn the thermostat down to 65 during the day while I am at work and sleep with it at 68. If I do a workout upstairs, I don't need to up the temperature...I like to keep it cold. If I'm sitting around watching t.v. or doing light housework, I bump it up to 70-72. I hate to be cold so I will adjust the temp accordingly. I also wear warm comfortble clothing and slippers in the house during the winter
    During the summer, I am comfortable with the thermostat at 74-75 but crank it up to 80+ while I am at work.

11. pavermama

pavermama Rut Row!

We have hot water heat in our house and it takes so long to get it from one temp to another so we keep it at 70 all winter. Thermostat is set at 72 but the temp gauge says it's 70 in our house.

12. straitshooter

straitshooter Active Member

i don't think i've ever turned the heat on in my condo. I have a gas 'fire and ice' fireplace that gives off more heat than you could possible imagine. And, i think i've turned on the AC maybe 5 times last summer?

I think my house stays between 60-67 degrees in the winter...again, that's without any heat on but my fireplace.