How to deal with hunger

Discussion in 'Diet, Nutrition and Supplements' started by cdubs1, Jan 21, 2015.

1. cdubs1

cdubs1 New Member

Hello Everyone,

I have been on the LBC for 4 weeks, with only the last 2 weeks at 100% compliance due to the Holidays. I am currently in a dieting phase at 1800 cal/day. For some reason, I feel extremely hungry at night, to the point it is affecting my sleep and it takes everything I have to not eat something. I have done many different programs in the past, eating much less and doing a lot of cardio and I have never really felt hunger like this on a regular basis. I am aware hunger is to be expected, but I'm concerend it seems to be such a problem for me this early on.

Can anyone give me some tips on how they have managed hunger? If I keep myself busy during the day that helps, but at night when I'm trying to go to bed, I can't try to keep busy with things, and I often wake up from the hunger.

I really appreciate your advice!!

-Colleen

2. Inatic

Inatic Ya Gotta Wanna! Moderator

It is to be expected.....Are you discussing this with your coach?

If you have eaten less and did more, then what is the difference between this plan and others?
    Can you sub out something for more volume?
    If you are an am training person, can you train pm?

3. cdubs1

cdubs1 New Member

Hi Ileen,

Yes I have spoken with this with my coach and he is up front and honest that I need to expect it and accept it. My point about other programs is just that I am surprised I am so hungry on this plan since I am eating so much more and doing hardly any cardio, whereas in the past I didn't seem to feel as hungry. I'm trying to look at this as a good thing- that my body is obviously responding appropriately, I knew that this was going to happen, and this is for a purpose.

Right now I train at about 5pm. I was just wondering how other people may deal with hunger. I guess I'm also a little concerned since I feel this way this early on. It's weird that it is just at night. I tend to wake up several times with an uneasy hungry feeling and I just want to get up and eat something to make that feeling subside.

-Colleen

4. counter15

counter15 New Member

Well, you find yourself in a tough position were you experiencing intense hunger while trying to abstain from food. It seems like your coach didn't give you a solution to that problem since he only told that you have to accept it as it is. I'd probably suggest you to eat just little bit of food that can help you subside this hunger without going overboard.