Ideas for something tasty, healthy (or not) original and easy to take to a party?

Discussion in 'Diet, Nutrition and Supplements' started by fluteangel, May 27, 2009.

1. fluteangel

fluteangel Well-Known Member

So our Bible class is having a last class party and I'm supposed to bring a "goodie". I'm torn between bringing something healthy and just baking something convenient. I love to make creative yummy stuff that isn't the normal cupcakes or cookies, so I'm open to other stuff, but I'm also open to something healthy or at least healthier.

Biggest thing? 1) I don't have a lot of time to make it 2) I don't want to buy any extra ingredients.

Stuff I have on hand: baking ingredients (including choc. chips and chunks and dark chocolate), Vitamix, berries (but I don't really want to give those away...)
    I'm sure there's some other stuff :scratch:

2. TriciaE

TriciaE My Sweet Clipper

My 2 cents...
    I would buy something, put it on a cute plate and consider it done.
    The thing is that most people don't care if it's healthy - they'll eat anything you put in front of them so I always weigh how much effort I want to put into bringing something for people who don't care on a daily basis.
    Bring crappy brownies from the grocery store and watch them disappear.
    It's sad.

• Like Like x 2
  3. K8TYE

K8TYE Member

I always just take a vegetable plate and some kind of dip (I usually make my own hummus.) Yeah, it will involve buying things, but then if no one eats it, I get to eat it all week! I love it!! AND, most people appreciate a healthy option like that.

• Like Like x 1