Introduce Yourselves ...

Discussion in 'Board Issues and Announcements' started by administrator, Feb 12, 2007.

1. Blondell

Blondell Former Postwhore

No worries about that. There's nothing wrong w/ it. That's what it's supposed to say. ;)

2. Erik

Erik Admin

Post Workout

Tempo refers to the speed of contraction and is the term used to describe the speed (how fast or how slow) at which a repetition is completed. The tempo for nearly any type of resistance-training exercise can be broken down into three phases. Using the example of a 301 tempo, the first number refers to the eccentric or yielding portion of the rep, the second number refers to the pause, if any, in the stretched position and the third number refers to the concentric or overcoming portion of the rep (contraction).

Basically just control your negatives.

Welcome :hi:

3. Erik

Erik Admin

I did that so you could see the entire forum.

4. glassmmam

glassmmam Well-Known Member

Ok - Here I go! IF Gina can pipe up - so can I :lifter: I'm Marci - NE Wisconsin ...

I'd finally lost 35 lbs, gained control over my body and maintained for over a year. Been following Ileen (Inatic) around for awhile and LOVE watching her progress. Not sure if I'll ever want to do any competing, but am enjoying my little bit of muscle that has developed. Looking forward to a wonderful, muscle building year!

Hey all you GA people - My brother lives in Roswell :)

5. Clairelb

Clairelb New Member

Beginners forum?

How do I find that forum? In the search engine??

6. Blondell

7. Clairelb

Clairelb New Member

Thanks Erik!

8. Clairelb

Clairelb New Member

Wow! Thats awesome, thanks for the quick response! I can't wait until I can figure my way around the message boards.

Claire

9. kelster

kelster ...

:hi: claire!!! welcome!

10. Erik

Erik Admin

Welcome

11. Blondell

Welcome to LBF! Make yourself at home! :)

12. glassmmam

glassmmam Well-Known Member

Thanks ya'll .... There is soo much info out here and I'm such a sucker for the awesome pictures of everyone ... very inspiring ...

13. kelster

kelster ...

nice progress so far Gina!!! welcome!!

14. Noel Clark

Noel Clark Senior Member

Welcome!! glad you are posting!!

Also welcome Claire.!!!

15. Cindy Day

Cindy Day Well-Known Member

Hi and welcome to Marci, Claire and Gina. :hi:

16. Inatic

Inatic Ya Gotta Wanna! Moderator

HI! :D i guess we can expect to see ya in person some day huh!

Hi claire :)

17. synergyb3

synergyb3 Well-Known Member

Welcome to LBF! [​IMG]

Please join right in so we can all get to know each other. :D

18. Camogirlie

Camogirlie New Member

Hello everyone! My name is Marlo! Found you guys through a link someone else posted on another site, and i have to say it totally made my day to find yet another awesome site with a great wealth of information and awesome people!

Little about me:

Ive been working out since Oct 2005, started going because my boyfriend got up every single day at 3:00am to go to the gym before work and eventually i became really curious about why he loved it so much, and what could get anyone up at that time in the morning! Well, needless to say a week into it i was in love! I haven’t looked back since.. I recently (sept '07) got a nutritionist to help me with my diet because i was tired of busting my butt in the gym 6 days a week and not seeing the results i wanted.. Dieted for a little while got down to 18% from 29%! Yahoo for me! Then the holidays came.. i ate, i had fun.. but im ready to start on to my goal for Late May early June to be at 12% bf. Ive thought about competing, it fascinates me.. but i haven’t been to serious about it.. I will see what i look like once i reach my goal and see if i have the guts to take it to the stage!!!

nice to meet you all!! :wave:

19. Neely

Neely lolz

Welcome, Marlo! :hi:

20. Erik

Erik Admin

Nice to have you.

:hi: