Issues with Food

Discussion in 'Recipes' started by Kathryn, May 3, 2006.

1. Kathryn

Kathryn 100% focus on myself

Who here has had issues with food or still does...Although I'm not as bad as I used to be, I still worry about every little thing that I put into my mouth and whether or not I will be burning it off...It kinda runs my life...

2. FRESH

FRESH Member

problems in that sense ??

3. Kathryn

yep sure,....I'm just sick of having food ruining my life...I center my whole day around working out...it's horrible...

4. FRESH

FRESH Member

you want to say that you eat out house and you have had ugly experiences with the food??

5. strongchick

strongchick Well-Known Member

That's speaks of an eating disorder.

Have you seen a therapist?

6. dare

dare I'm not fat...I'm pregnant!

I have SERIOUS issues with food & yes, it controls my life too. I also suffer from an ED, serious body & self esteem issues. It's not fun. :(

7. Erik

Erik Admin

yep sure,....I'm just sick of having food ruining my life...I center my whole day around working out...it's horrible... [/b][/quote]
    I suppose I do as well, but I think the big difference is the mindset one has. I'm always conscious of what I'm eating and am 9 times out of 10 eating towards a specific goal, but I have zero issues with that.

For me, eating a certain way, and training, and everything that comes with that is part of the lifestyle I live.

8. Brandi

Brandi old school

I had an issue...

9. Inatic

Inatic Ya Gotta Wanna! Moderator

I suppose I do as well, but I think the big difference is the mindset one has. I'm always conscious of what I'm eating and am 9 times out of 10 eating towards a specific goal, but I have zero issues with that.

For me, eating a certain way, and training, and everything that comes with that is part of the lifestyle I live. [/b][/quote]
    To some extent, i guess we all have issues with food.

That is how i look at food too. What's is gonna do for me. Food=fuel. I dont let it control me though.

10. Kathryn

yeah, I have...I thought it was gone until this week I'm starting to have thoughts like that again...I have a good idea why too...I tend to have "control" over food and exercise when the rest of my life is out of my control...which it has been...

11. Kathryn

For me, eating a certain way, and training, and everything that comes with that is part of the lifestyle I live. [/b][/quote]
    Yeah, that's what I thought too but I think eventually it had gotten out of control... I took it way to far...(speaking of my past)

12. PowerManDL

PowerManDL Banned

I like pizza too much.

13. Kathryn

:p :p

14. jrb1980

jrb1980 Well-Known Member

I used to have an ED about 5 years ago it got pretty bad. Once I "saw the light" and started eating normal I gained like 30 pounds overnight...seriously though easily 20 pounds in a month. While I have "recovered" I have always been eating with a goal in mind, and accept that this will be my lifestyle.

I do hope though that one day I am more "normal" and it AND have a great body. Whether this happens or not we will see. If not, at least I am eating enough now to keep me healthy. But...I hear ya'.

15. Kathryn

I hear ya..I gained 20 lbs. within a month...and then some...a total of 35ish pounds...I had all types of ED...anorexia, bulemia, female athlete triad, night eating unknowingly..

16. lawstudent

lawstudent Baby lawyer

I did. I was bulimic. It wasn't until I started working with a (good) therapist to address the underlying issues that I started to recover. I still struggle with it, but it's easier now. Feel free to PM me if you want to talk.

17. Mandy

Mandy Hulkamania is runnin' wild

There are a lot of therapists out there. There are also a ton of different specialties and so many areas that just get glossed over in the persuit to be a therapist. Believe me, I know. I would suggest looking for one that is either listed somewhere under an eating disorder or teenage counseling center or getting some sort of referral if you know anyone in your area that has been through this. Most people think of eating disorders as a major thing with teenagers and not so much with adults, so that may help. It takes time. A lot of time and the want to get better otherwise there is no amount of counseling that will help.

I spent 3 days total in all my undergrad persuit of a BA in Psychology on the different eating disorders and not a whole lot more than that on other topics. The more and more I"m around these forums the more and more I want to work in a high school or college setting dealing with those with eating disorders.

A preoccupation with food (oh, I dream of food at night and during the day and constantly battle the urge to just eat a ton of ice cream or chocolate) is one thing but when it turns detrimental where health is effected it's quite another. That goes both ways.

If you want, you can PM me about any of this :)

18. racerunner

racerunner Member

I read a quote somewhere that said "obssessed is just a word that the lazy use to describe the dedicated" and that quote vindicated all my quirks (eating and exercise ones anyway).

It's ok to control your food and your weight just make sure you have your health in mind not someone else's idea of perfection.

19. jrb1980

jrb1980 Well-Known Member

I like that quote. I guess for me, say 5 years from now when I want to start a family, I hope I can sit down to dinner with them all without having to worry so much about what I am eating and the proper amounts. I don't really want my future daughter to ever see me bust out the food scale.

20. Erik

Erik Admin

Exactly.

I control food. It does not control me.