Jiggly fat... worse than hard fat?

Discussion in 'Health & Beauty' started by Espi, Aug 19, 2008.

1. Espi

Espi perfumes, not chocolate!

Something I had to ask in here (feels like the most appropriate forum).

I am feeling so disappointed lately! For years I've been quite overweight, but really very fit at the same time.
    When I started losing weight, the fat I had which used to be really tight, started becoming more fluid and squishy.

While I should be elated about this, as it means that fat is moving away, I'm not so happy at all. Because it made me realize how far I still have to go and meanwhile I'm stuck with a body that actually now looks more Fugly to me than before, when the fat was so much more dense and hard packed and... I made the mistake of confusing that hard packed fat with .... gasp muscle!

Like my quads : they looked way more muscular and now at the wrong point of view are 'thin' when it comes to the muscles with lots of flab.
    Same for the upper arms: again.. the arm looked neat and with compact muscle.. now it's jiggly. :mad:

Anyone here who went through the same and what did you do to motivate yourself? Does the excess skin ever go away or do I need to get everything tucked? I know I need a tummy tuck eventually (there's too much excess skin) but how about the legs & arms? :scratch:

2. liz jaeger

liz jaeger Member

that is a great question !

and I hope someone can shed light on that ... !!

3. Blondell

Blondell Former Postwhore

As I diet, I usually go through periods like that. It gets soft, is lost and then it's hard again. After a while the process happens again again again etc....

I've set my mind to know that it usually looks worse b/f it looks better. It IS about the final outcome, right? We are working towards a final goal. The in between times have to be dealt w/ and conquered in order to reach that goal.

4. Inatic

Inatic Ya Gotta Wanna!

happens Yvana. Im dealing with a pocket of that right now. Once the fat goes, that skin is gonna sag bigtime. :(

I'll just have to add more muscle there :D

• Like Like x 1
  5. liz jaeger

liz jaeger Member

so ...

Ileen, if the skin does "droop" (sounds better than sag LOL!) ...CAN muscle "fill the spot" ??? ... that is SO where I am in some areas, esp stomach LOL!!!

:lol3:

6. Inatic

Inatic Ya Gotta Wanna!

the area in my case, i can work on glutes and I think that will help some.

7. Espi

For arms & legs I may dream about being able to add some muscle here. Still, it'd take a large amount of muscle to fill up the spaces.
    For abs or the inner thigh area ? :muahaha: . I'd better start saving then.
    What areas do people get 'tucked' apart from the abs? I never hear about triceps or thigh fat.

8. Inatic

Inatic Ya Gotta Wanna!

people can and do get arm and leg tucks.. the scaring is more obvious then say a tuck. YOu can do a full tuck al around tuck which goes around the WHOLE body..

9. Anca

Anca Well-Known Member

I used to be 55 lbs overweight until 17 yrs old. I lost the weight but still have loose skin on my abs and inner thighs. It didn't tighten up completely even as I got lean for my shows last year. I have to really suck my stomach in and stand up tall in order for my abs to look decent.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Espi

My legs only got jiggly about a year ago once bf% dropped below 28-30%. I'm now at 25% and more looking forwards to 20-ish% than I'd anticipated.
    Is my assumption right that some of the skin may still tighten up, provided I lose the fat slowly?

11. liz jaeger

liz jaeger Member

aww, bummer !

I could not see that at all in your pics - well, I was hoping you all would have miraculous no-loose-skin stories LOL ! mine is not that bad on my stomach but I am super-paranoid about it - never really was the same after 2nd baby :( ... at 40, no great surprise LOL!

standing up tall is good LOL!!

12. Inatic

Inatic Ya Gotta Wanna!

it depends on ones individual skin elasticity. Mine sux. :lol:

13. liz jaeger

liz jaeger Member

so true ...

mine could definitely be better LOL! ... blame it on thyroid issues !

14. Cara

Cara Uh-oh! I smell redneck!

I think that depends on your body's own elasticity. Some people snap back so to speak while others do not.
    I have a friend who lost a lot of weight -- more than 80 pounds -- and you'd never know she was ever overweight, except for some stretch marks. Then again, I've seen people left with huge fleshy aprons on their abs and "wings" under their arms. From what I've seen/read, I think it's very much an individual thing. :shrug:

15. Inatic

Inatic Ya Gotta Wanna!

sorry, cant blame that ;)

16. Meechel

Meechel Enjoying the summer!

My "wings" under my arms are actually pretty tight now and I am suprised my legs are coming along nicely (well not inner thigh) but tummy and inner thigh will be toughest I am sure.....but in my bikini shots I can see the fat went from blob to seperated from the muscle and you can tell where muscle ends and fat begins so hoping next 20lbs gets rid of some of the jiggly stuff.

I am really blessed that my back and butt don't have any issues right now....oh and my double chin is finally gone and no saggy skin there but friend says it is because I am young and good thing I did it now and not in my 40's :funny:

17. liz jaeger

liz jaeger Member

your progress !

rocks !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    :clap:

18. Espi

That depressed me actually Meechel. I"m 45 :suicide:

Don't blame you though.. and good for you to get rid of the fat early enough! :clap:

19. Meechel

Meechel Enjoying the summer!

sorry I wasn't meaning too and believe me while my butt, back and back of legs are tighter I have issues with inner thighs and gut so I think I will always have a hard time getting that tight and i have LOTS of stretch marks on my tummy! :yucky:

20. Sohee

Sohee working on the bikini body

:bump: I was just going to make a thread about this. Interesting.