Late night carbs

Discussion in 'Diet, Nutrition and Supplements' started by RAPLUMB, Oct 31, 2012.

1. RAPLUMB

RAPLUMB New Member

Hi, guys!

I have a question in regards to late night post workout carbs. A couple days a week I have to train late at night (around 9pm-10:30pm) By the time I get home I have to get to bed. Should I be consuming a carb post workout even if it's right before bed in this case?

My post workout carbs usually consist of 1/2c of wild rice or 8 oz of kabasha squash.

I am a female looking for weightloss at the moment. I lift heavy and do 3-4 days of cardio a wk (only 30 min sessions each)

Opinions?

2. cdnmom2girls

cdnmom2girls Member

Absolutely you need carbs post-workout. Time of day doesn't matter at all.

3. RAPLUMB

RAPLUMB New Member

Thank you! I guess I still have that concept that carbs after a certain time is bad.

4. Inatic

Inatic Ya Gotta Wanna! Moderator

eat up! :)

5. mie08

mie08 New Member

Definitely you need carbs to refuel your body following an intense training

6. Fit and Fab

Fit and Fab New Member

I certainly agree with them. The amount of carbs you have after a work out is okay.

7. Musclefanatic11

Musclefanatic11 New Member

You'd be better off sleeping if your going to skip your carbs after a PM workout! :)

8. tbakken319

tbakken319 New Member

Can someone help me understand the basis of having carbs after a workout? I'm always told - go eat your protein! Not - go eat your carbs! I hate so much conflicting info!!

And since I see it is obviously important here - what is the "ideal" amount of carbs to consume post-workout?

9. cdnmom2girls

cdnmom2girls Member

Jamie Eason recently put the role of PWO carbs into the simplest terms: carbs, quite simply, act like a broom to "sweep" the protein into the muscle after a workout.

The quantity of PWO carbs depends on many factors; it's not just a number that applies to everyone.

10. tbakken319

tbakken319 New Member

Sophie ~ Thanks for putting into such easy terms!! I'm getting it! I'll try to figure out a good plan for myself. I do get that EVERYONE has a different goal / number / etc. I'd like to know mine! ha ha!!

11. Inatic

Inatic Ya Gotta Wanna! Moderator

also helps to blunt cortisol.

12. tbakken319

tbakken319 New Member

Thanks! I need that - stressful lifestyle that I lead anyway... I'm working on finding ways to "de-stress" though!