LBC Client inputs please :D

Discussion in 'Beginner Training & Nutrition' started by Ange, Nov 10, 2013.

1. Ange

Ange Member

Hi everyone!
    Toward the end of August, I received my long awaited plan, and have been learning so much along the way! Sometimes it makes me wonder how we ever let the silly weight loss/muscle gaining gimmicks get in our heads. The air is so much more clear seeing it through the eyes of an LBC client, I tell ya!
    I know LBC clients all have different starting points, different goals, time frames, etc., but I am not sure how long I should continue to remain an LBC client at this present time. I have no event/competition coming up in the near future; I was doing this to get some clarity for myself and learn a healthy mindset while dieting. I would love to work towards a bikini show in a year from now, where I will work with LBC again, however, I'm not sure how long I should keep going at this time...?
    I am really enjoying it all, but I know it will take me a few more months to get to where I want to be. To other LBCers who have done a diet plan, how long were you with LBC? (Long enough to reach your goal, or long enough to learn the tools to continue on your own?)

2. Radish8

Radish8 Member

Hi Ange,

Like yourself, I don’t compete nor do I ever plan to. I just wanted to see what the program was all about and use what I learned to continue on by myself.

I stayed on the program for 12 weeks. Then it was summer and I typically stop my gym membership and use cycling, hiking, swimming as my main source of exercise as well I wanted to relax my eating over the summer months without stressing about staying on plan.

As of September I’m back in the gym and back on my meal plan – on my own. I do have a Journal with current pics posted – these pics are after the summer and one month back on plan.

The only thing I can say is that it is more difficult to stay on plan. What I mean is – when reporting Bi Weekly to our Coach it was always on my mind when I was tempted to deviate from my plan or blow off a workout. Being accountable to my Coach kept me from straying off plan.

What I found helps now is keeping an Accountability Journal – whether you want to keep one on the LBC forum or on another forum. I find it helps with accountability. I also still take bi weekly pics for accountability. I just recently posted here on the LBC forum updated pics and will continue with probably monthly pics although I will take bi weekly pics for my own accountability.

Hope this helps. :)

3. melpfaf

melpfaf New Member

Great insight, I've been wondering the same, thanks!

4. Ange

Ange Member

Thanks for the input :)
    I think I have decided to continue on longer than I had intended to for the simple fact that I don't think Im ready to cut the cord QUITE yet. I think there is still more to learn. Besides, it took me 8 months to get my plan so Im going to milk it!:dumbbells:
    I feel accountable for my workouts and eating habits when I know I have a biweekly to submit.
    In February I will start a journal and hold myself accountable to that!

5. OneMadMonkey

OneMadMonkey Well-Known Member

I've only been with LBC for 5 weeks. I have no competition coming up. I'm just doing this for me. I came here for a reason, so the way I see it is I'm staying here until the money runs out. Why put off till later what you're already doing now? And, do you really want to get back on that waiting list again?

6. sonia

sonia New Member

I've been with CWT for 34 weeks now and I can't think of going on my own hihihi. I love having a coach to report too. I was aslo with CWT in 2011, took a break and came back and I'm still learning so much about nutrition and training. Yesterday I was just saying to someone at the gym how sad it is to see people on treadmills for ever and not seeing changes at all. Everybody should learn the LBC/CWT way of doing this.

7. Rugbygirl

Rugbygirl New Member

Unlike you all, I'm on the wait list (near the top - yeah!). I'm using LBC to help me prep for my first contest - a bucket list thing. I have learned how to count macros on my own and keep a training journal both for my workouts and food (lost over 40lbs this year and down to approx. 22% bf). It definitely makes you accountable (as Radish8 pointed out). I have tried other online coaches and swear they use a one size fits all approach. This is one of the things that attracted me to LBC along with the less cardio is more approach. I am not a cardio junkie and prefer to do high intensity workouts with active rest/triple sets that incorporate cardio within the workout or HITT interval training. And yes, I love carbs for the energy it gives me for my workouts. So looking forward to having a better plan that can help me build more muscle. I must admit I am scared to eat more than what I have been use to and worried about gaining any weight, as I have made such progress this year but I know I need to put my faith into LBC.

Keep up the great work Ange.

8. Inatic

Inatic Ya Gotta Wanna! Moderator

your close!

I'd take some time at maintenance cals prior to starting

9. FirePrincess80

FirePrincess80 Member

I just joined LBC and got my diet and training.... I haven't started (I start on Tuesday) but I don't see myself leaving anytime soon. =D

10. NHENRIKSEN

NHENRIKSEN New Member

I will be staying for as long as my money situation allows. I am starting to cut out other items in the finances to stick with it as long as I can. I have been a LBC client since July 2013. I love everything about being a client and this lifestyle. I don't want to be out on my own and I just pray that I can keep going for at least a few more months. My hubbys job changed this year so we lost a lot of income and it makes me sad that this cannot be a permanent staple in my life. I love being accountable to my coach...who is an awesome coach btw! I say stick it out as long as you can afford to, you won't be sorry.

11. Fay

Fay Well-Known Member

I have a lot of years of bad habits to undo, as well, and plan to stay with my coach as long as I can afford it - or until I am confident that I can be successful on my own.

12. Amy1984

Amy1984 Member

I agree with Fay. Been with LBC since July...learning a lot! Had a lot of mental learning and growing to do and I've made huge progress. Now I'm really focused on hitting my physical goals. I'll stay with LBC for as long as I can afford it. I am continuing to learn more and more about myself, I love the community and feeling like part of something that is outside of my work, friends, family, etc. It's become a very personal thing for me and I feel like I can reach my goals as long as I'm here. And heck, if I follow my plan and listen to my coach I only have them to blame if I don't hit my goals :) hee hee which makes me confident bc I know that won't happen. Even when I reach my goals, which I will, I will stay with LBC (if I can still afford it) so that I can learn at that point what new goals to set and how to eventually hit those.

13. Elisabeth

Elisabeth Member

I agree with the "treadmill and no change" so sad! I also agree that people should learn the LBC/CWT way! I've never paid for a personal trainer or nutritionist but I sure looked into it A LOT. However, I knew if I was gonna spend money I wanted to spend it wisely and this is why I chose CWT... Best decision I've made!

14. Ange

Ange Member

Amen to that Amy!

I was just curious what most people were doing because I was unsure of myself. That has been clarified and I am staying as long as I can afford it too....But we all can afford things we want if we adjust in other areas - I'm willing to adjust! :)

15. OneMadMonkey

OneMadMonkey Well-Known Member

My goal was to stay for at least a year and then re-evaluate at that time. I'm hoping I can still do that. I just found out that my taxes and insurance are raising my mortgage $700/month. It will be a miracle if I can afford a year now. So sad.