LBC clients - Australia

Discussion in 'Diet, Nutrition and Supplements' started by kilos2go, Jan 28, 2014.

1. kilos2go

kilos2go New Member

Hi I would like to correspond with members of LBC in Australia - I am keen to join up and be coached and wondered how other Australian clients are adapting given we do not have most of the products available here .

2. Inatic

Inatic Ya Gotta Wanna! Moderator

we use whole food, single ingredient foods. You can find protein powder there or order online. Shouldnt be an issue really food wise.

3. Emma

Emma Member

I'm an Australian client, you won't have any issues what so ever. As Ileen mentioned the focus on whole single ingredient foods means you can find what ever you need at the supermarket, green grocer and butcher. There are some US only products that are discussed on the forums and the Facebook page but these mostly relate to post workout foods, there are plenty of alternatives here and that particular meal is what ever takes your fancy within the boundaries of what your plan allows.

There is only one Australian supplier for Trutein protein though, but the price is fair and delivery is free - http://www.aplussupplements.com.au

4. kilos2go

kilos2go New Member

Thanks Ileen

5. kilos2go

kilos2go New Member

Thanks Emma

6. Maren

Maren New Member

Hey, I've just put my name on the wait list, it good to see some other Australians on here. I to was a little concerned about the food availability. Now just trying to take in all the information and try and put a plan together while I wait. happy training :)

7. Emma

Emma Member

Again, don't worry about the food, as you'll see from the survey you select the food you like to eat and the diet is mostly single ingredient foods that you can get anywhere, chicken breast, fresh fruit and veg, beef, yoghurt, oats, eggs etc etc.

Post workout meals are up to you, you'll be given a macro guideline to hit but the meal is free choice. My favourite at the moment is the Smiths pop chips that are sold in the chip aisle of the supermarket, BBQ and Sour Cream and Chives are my personal choice. I steer clear of sweet treats for PWO because all that sugar turns something on in me and then I start craving it really badly.

8. kilos2go

kilos2go New Member

Hi Maren
    Haven't been on here for a while ... Have you started the program yet ?? If yes how is it going ?

9. Leslie

Leslie New Member

I'm not from Austrailia, but I will be visiting for 21 days in January/February 2015. I'd love to hear any ideas of where to eat/not to eat while I'm there. (Both "on plan" and worthwhile splurges.)

10. Emma

Emma Member

Hi Leslie, where in Australia will you be visiting?

11. Leslie

Leslie New Member

Hi Emma, most likely Queensland, no details yet. My idea so far is to drive up the coast with stops at the Whitsunday Islands, Frasier Island, and end up in Port Douglas.

12. Emma

Emma Member

That would be a beautiful road trip, Port Douglas is stunning, I love Far North Queensland. The drive from Cairns to Port Douglas is lovely, it follows the coast so you can see ocean most of the way.

Being from the US the sheer size of Australia won't be daunting for you at all.

13. NicoleC

NicoleC New Member

HI, Im from Perth, Western Australia and i have not had a problem with any of the foods, maybe some of the terminology is a bit different but no issues.
    You can even sub out your chicken for kangaroo fillet so that is pretty Australian if you ask me.

14. Maren

Maren New Member

Hey kilos2go,
    Haven't been on for ages between work, a divorce and now single mum of 2 kids been hectic. I got the message that it was my turn but unfortunately due to circumstances I knew I was not able to give 100% so didn't want to take a place and waste the trainers time. Am now in a better place and going to get back on the wait list again. How is your training going?

Maren