Macro

Discussion in 'Diet, Nutrition and Supplements' started by DLoving, Aug 10, 2015.

1. DLoving

DLoving New Member

When it comes to counting and tracking macros, how close, over or under, should you be?

2. Inatic

Inatic Ya Gotta Wanna! Moderator

You should have a goal and meet that goal, no?

3. DLoving

DLoving New Member

lol yeah I have a goal. My macros should be 224 G protein and carbs and 99 grams of fat but in my fitness pal, it has to be 235, 235, 90. I'm asking does it have to be perfect day in and day out? Also are there any good, informing threads about PWO meals? I'm looking but not finding anything this far.

Attached Files:

4. Inatic

5. DLoving

DLoving New Member

lol thank you. You're becoming my guardian angel around these threads.

6. Inatic

Happy to help. I am an LBC coach and board moderator.

7. DLoving

DLoving New Member

Thank you and one more question. The food like protein and rice that you weigh cooked, do you use the raw food calories on the back of the package?

8. Inatic

Yes but once you cook it, you dont have to pre-measure raw anymore. You're going to just use the cooked measures. Depending on which ap, many of them use cooked measures.

9. DLoving

DLoving New Member

Lol thank you. I'm sure I'm making this more difficult than it should be but this is driving me crazy. I don't want to over/undereat do to mistakes for example, I came home and my mom already made pasta. Weighing that raw vs cooked is a big difference, same with rice.

10. DLoving

DLoving New Member

People have been saying weigh cooked but I didn't know how they got the cooked values. Like was it weighed first then weighed after? Lol I just need to understand this. I always weigh rice cooked but the values in MFP for certain things are the raw values so I've been cheating myself out of some carbs.

11. Inatic

our App/spreadsheet and calculator use cooked and its already programmed in that way. if a client wants to use a meat and we dont have it, they submit raw and we then suggest they cook it so that they know how much of the product cooked in bulk they can have..

I've never used MFP but I do believe you can customize it as well.

12. DLoving

DLoving New Member

Ok so I weighed pasta and it came to 374 raw but cooked it was 937 g. What's next?

13. Inatic

Divide by as many meals as that is supposed to be for you. 394 raw= 937g cooked..
    Its still cals per serving so you have to figure out your serving size.

14. DLoving

DLoving New Member

Okkkayyy got you. Thank you.

15. DLoving

DLoving New Member

Lol ok, sorry to be a bug but right now I have the problem I asked in front of me. The pasta says it's about 6 servings per container and the serving size is 2 oz (56g/1/6 package) dry. One box had 374 g/ 13.2 oz dry and it cooked to 913 g/ and 20.2 oz and another that cooked from 377 g/ 13.3 oz to 925 g and 20.6 oz. lmao help

16. Inatic

Go by each individual 'load' so whatever box you cooked, total weight after cooking divided by your serving. Every time you cook a new box/weigh and then divide. In reality the difference is very minute, so I wouldnt worry that much.

17. DLoving

DLoving New Member

Thank youuuuuuu.

• Like Like x 1