Meal plan critique

Discussion in 'Beginner Training & Nutrition' started by DiamondS, Jun 29, 2012.

1. DiamondS

DiamondS Member

Hey Everyone!! I finally got my meals all squared away. I want to get some good critiques from all of you, as I am trying to move from the old "metabolic damaging" diets to LBC way. I have been doing this for 6 years...the wrong way! NO wonder I have thyroid and allergic issues. S:uhuh: Im learning so much here and cant wait to start with Erik ASAP! Ok here it is (hopefully I am somewhere in the ballpark of a good plan):scratch: Also I am trying to lose about 15lbs

Stats: 5'3
    148lbs
    calcualting 12xBW to start (5 weeks postpartum and not breastfeeding)

Meal 1: 1/2 c gluten free oats (dry measure)
    4 egg whites
    1 slice FF cheese

Meal 2: Protein Shake (80 calories .5g fat, 2gC, 16gP)
    Fruit

Meal 3: 3 oz chicken
    1/2 tbsp olive oil
    Spaghetti Squash

Meal 4: 1 C greek yogurt (fage brand)
    Apple

Meal 5: 3 oz Lean ground turkey
    1/2 C black beans (or sweet potato to match calories of course)
    Zucchinni

Meal 6: 1 C Fatfree Cottage Cheese
    1 tbsp natural PB

Preworkout: Banana (should I add a protein to this??? Im working out a 445 am)

Post Workout: 38g Cinnamon Chex
    1 scoop Protein Shake

Total Calories according to Fitday: 1768..Fat: 36.2g...Carb: 211g.....Protein:165.5g

2. Inatic

Inatic Ya Gotta Wanna! Moderator

pre workout for wt training, no matter what time of day is protein and a carb.

then follow post workout with protein carb and carry on with the rest of your day filling.

3. DiamondS

DiamondS Member

Ok, thank you! I meant i workout early and really dont wana eat at all, but i can have a banana and 2 egg whites?? That would be easy on my stomach. Do you think my meals are good?

4. DiamondS

DiamondS Member

Here are the pics I took the other day for a before...or after preg lol 2012-06-26_08-47-42_838.jpg 2012-06-26_08-48-12_115.jpg

Attached Files:

5. angiep

angiep Member

A lot of people that workout early split M1 into half - half before workout, and half as their bfast sometime after PWO. I'd skip the cheese and put your fruit in there. Good luck!! Don't forget your fish oils:)

6. DiamondS

DiamondS Member

Ok thank you! Any particular reason to skip the cheese?

7. DiamondS

DiamondS Member

Good afternoon!! i want to post my workout plan also and if there is any improvement needed please let me know :) I am doing the full body workout posted here on MWF...

Monday: Day1 HIIT

Tues: 20 min SS

Wed Day 2

Thur: 20 min SS

Friday: Day 3

Sat: Metabolic Workout or Barbell Complexes

8. KC2012

KC2012 Member

Just as note I usually do my MET or BB Complexes 2x a week and they are immediately followed by 20 minute SS.

9. DiamondS

DiamondS Member

That is good to know! Thanks. How about I change tues to BB comp and 20 min ss....everything else stays the same. I may add 20 min ss sat also, but for now Ill keep like this and see how it goes.

10. Inatic

Inatic Ya Gotta Wanna! Moderator

your 6 weeks post partum?

you should be easing into this not 'balls to the wall' IMO

11. KC2012

KC2012 Member

Like Ileen says - take it easy.. I did not see that you just had a little one. Congrats!! The sleepless night do go away!!

12. DiamondS

DiamondS Member

Hey ileen! Yes this is just my planned routine once I'm able to go full strength. Right now I am following the outline but not doing hiit right now and all workouts are modified accordingly :) I'm taking it day at a time. Of course I worked out up until the day I went into labor, but I know to take it easy at first. This one seems faster recovery than my first, however!

13. DiamondS

DiamondS Member

Thank you! He is a doll :) and yes I do remember with my daughter they subside eventually! And I cannot wait!!

14. brooket

brooket Active Member

:yeahthat: I didn't realize you just had a baby! Congratulations! Enjoy!