meal planning

Discussion in 'Beginner Training & Nutrition' started by Jenn0032, Aug 30, 2012.

1. Jenn0032

Jenn0032 New Member

Hey Everyone,

quick question, while i wait for my turn to come up with Amy!! how can i make a realtively good meal plan for me to use for the time being. if i use the 11 or 12 BW it puts me at around 1750-1900 kcals... how do i figure how much protein, carb, and fat at each meal? Do i just divide said calories in to my 6 meals/day??

Also, is it true that its a good idea to not eat carbs on your last meal or 2 every day??

For stats i am 5'2 and 159 and 32 yr old... focusing on weight/fat loss for now.

Thanks for all your info, i greatly appreciate it!!

2. Inatic

Inatic Ya Gotta Wanna! Moderator

the carb cycling article in the beginner nutrition section has some great info.

3. Jenn0032

Jenn0032 New Member

ok cool, i will check it out, thank you so much!!

4. Blondell

Blondell Former Postwhore

:ditto:

5. Martin

Martin New Member

Nice meal plane. My meal plan is simple. I eat three times in a day and i like to eat bread butter with egg and drink fresh fruit juice in breakfast. Then i like to eat some snacks in my launch and sandwiches and in dinner i like to eat boiled rice with fresh vegetables.

6. Blondell

Blondell Former Postwhore

This doesn't sound good at all.

7. Jenn0032

Jenn0032 New Member

yes, i agree.... that does not sound good at all....

when carb cycling, do i have high carb day on a rest day (which for me is sundays) then medium carbs on weight days (mon, tues, thurs, fri) and then low carbs on non weight days??

8. Inatic

hi day on training day

9. Jenn0032

Jenn0032 New Member

thanks for letting me know... good thing i just started..lol.... this changes the rest of my week!!!

10. Jenn0032

Jenn0032 New Member

So if I have 4 days of weights every week, do I have 4 hi carb days too?? I hope I'm doing it right?? And I've figured out about 1850 for my med days, 1300 for low days, and my calculations said 2200 for high days?? Does that sound like too much?

11. brooket

brooket Active Member

Carb cycling doesn't necessarily mean calorie cycling. You could leave the calories the same, at 11-12x bw and do more fat on the low days.

Someone, (Ileen :)) Correct me if I am wrong...

12. Inatic

Jenn as Brooke indicated and easy way to do this is set cals at 11-12x bw and just cycle carbs (more on training) and fats (more on non training) without going hi low med protein stays the same..

IF you're wanting to do the 4 hi days (as you stated) then the other days are low. In the cycle article, E said this:
    OR

13. Jenn0032

Jenn0032 New Member

Oh boy... Now I think I'm reAlly confused... Hope I got it figured though... I think it's the math that's getting me confused!! I've figured my low and med carb days (without changing my calorie intake) but when I do a high carb day it bumps my calories up to over... And that's with no fat, just carb and protein!!

14. Jenn0032

Jenn0032 New Member

LOL.... Nevermind!! I just figured it out!! Thanks guys for your help!! Greatly appreciated!!

15. Barrett9

Barrett9 New Member

Hi all of you i have a major issue like i perform full time and i am going back to university.So i have lack of timing and also low cooking ideas. Does anyone have food meal planning that will allow my partner to deal with supper with some wide range and ease?Thanks!!