New Day New Start...

Discussion in 'Diet, Nutrition and Supplements' started by Mn_Diezel, Oct 8, 2014.

1. Mn_Diezel

Mn_Diezel Member

Hi all – I haven’t posted in a very long time. I last competed in November of 2012, in Physique. Exactly six months later I was diagnosed with Leukemia and with that diagnosis and the daily chemo pills I have to take for the rest of my life (with fatigue being the biggest side effect) I have gained 10-15 lbs. I lost all desire for the gym for a while as well.
    With all that being said, I am feeling as if I am now on a better medicinal plan, with more energy and want to try to lose 10-15 lbs. I have calculated my calories to be about 2000 daily, I am 5’-5” and weigh about 155 right now, I am 2 weeks from being 40 also. “eeeekkkk”

I feel like I should “know” what to do, but I don’t trust myself with my decisions at the time and am looking for some guidance perhaps..

Thanks…

2. OneMadMonkey

OneMadMonkey Well-Known Member

Welcome. I can't really provide you with any guidance as I'm about as lost as you, but I know that there are people here who can.

3. chickadee1020

chickadee1020 Member

What a trying couple of years that you've had! Glad to hear that you are feeling better and best of luck with your new goals!

4. Inatic

Inatic Ya Gotta Wanna! Moderator

5. Mn_Diezel

Mn_Diezel Member

Thanks Ladies - The hardest part is feeling like I have failed myself - I think people look at me now and are like "damn, she let herself go".... that, and feeling like I should just know how to get back in shape without guidance. I am setting my ego aside, finally..:help:

6. Inatic

7. Inatic

DO NOT give a hoot about what other people think. They dont live in your shoes or your life. Eyes focused and just carry on. If you lack support in real life, come here. :)

8. MissyG

MissyG Member

Welcome to the crew, and congrats on digging deep and realizing what you need to help you succeed. :clap:

9. OneMadMonkey

OneMadMonkey Well-Known Member

I wouldn't worry about what others are or are not thinking. Most people need to spend more time worrying about themselves and their own lives.

10. Acschroeder

Acschroeder New Member

Diezel
    Don't ever feel like a failure because you feel like you should "know what to do".
    It is so much more than that! Support and motivation have a ton to do with it. Even though I have been on here a very short while, I already feel such a positive support system, and that gives me motivation to better myself going forward. Go easy on yourself! You have had such a trying couple of years. What matters is what you do today, to be healthy.