other sources of protein

Discussion in 'Diet, Nutrition and Supplements' started by MichelleS, Aug 10, 2007.

1. MichelleS

MichelleS Well-Known Member

Okay so i'm lost at what i can do. My body can't handle chicken, tuna, eggs and protein powders any more. is there other options that i have for like breakfast as beef may be for dinner but not breakfast.

2. Clueless

Clueless New Member

turkey, shellfish, salmon, pork tenderloin, venison, ostrich, kangaroo, buffalo, tofu

3. Anca

Anca Well-Known Member

Low-fat cottage cheese prepared in a ton of different sweet or savory ways. If you can have it on contest prep.
    Extra-lean ground turkey made into patties or meatloaf.

4. Neely

Neely lolz

Mmmmmmmm buffalo. That makes an awesome breakfast! :yum:

5. Sportsgirl

Sportsgirl Well-Known Member

I usually cycle through my protein sources. I couldn't stomach chicken for a while so I started eating more lean ground beef and fish. Now I can't stand fish so I bought some marinated chicken stirfry last night and loved it :yum: I never eat tuna regularly because I KNOW I will get sick of it quite fast, so that makes occasional appearances in my diet. I've been having a bit more lamb recently too.

6. 3sweeties

3sweeties Well-Known Member

I like boca veggie burgers with fat free cheese melted on them. :thumb:

Sometimes I take my favorite flavor of yogurt, put in a scoop of pp , add either some nuts of berries. Yummy.

You can take egg whites and beat them with splenda and make meringue cookies. That is nice in the evening when the kids are having a snack.

7. Blondell

Blondell Former Postwhore

I'm fond of jerky lately. :yum:

8. Espi

Espi perfumes, not chocolate!

While they miss 1 amino acid, why not eat more legumes for a while and combine them with an animal protein you do like? Beans & lentils are quite yummy!

9. ladybug

ladybug Member

cc is a good bfast choice if you are kind of stuck in the mindset of having "breakfasty" foods. FF greek yogurt:shakeithappy: also, lots of things you can do with eggs. I get sick of them if I eat them the same way for a while, but just try mixing your prep up.

10. bubblebooty

bubblebooty Ms. Figure Olympia, 2025

how clean do you want to stay? if that's not a concern, then you can include lean lunch meats, turkey bacon, chicken sausage, etc.

11. Ruthie

Ruthie Active Member

I do the albacore tuna pouch-ginger and sesame when regular tuna gets old

also -when I am tired of chicken breasts I get Swanson canned white meat chicken and make chicken salad with low fat mayo-celery salt-onion powder-fresh ground pepper, mustard-celery and sometimes apples-eat on crackers-I use rice crackers

12. MichelleS

MichelleS Well-Known Member

well i wanted to stay within something that I can have in contest prep. :shrug: i do love the idea of turkey bacon :yum: that was one of my faves.

and jerky :D