Parents

Discussion in 'Mindless Banter' started by Erik, Oct 5, 2008.

1. TriciaE

TriciaE My Sweet Clipper

I talk to my mom and dad 5-6 times a week or more.
    I talk to the in-laws once a week if they're behaving. :lol:

Matt talks to his dad daily, but they work together.
    He talks to his mom probably every other day at the very least.

Matt talks to my parents about as much as I talk to his.

The relationships are fine on all sides and I guess since we each talk to our parents quite often we just relay the insanity through each other instead of calling direct.

Why are you asking? Curiosity?

2. alandrum

alandrum Well-Known Member

Me - I talk to my mom about every other day and my dad about once every other week. My in laws when ever we see them. I always hand the phone to my husband when i see it is them calling.

My husband - talks to my family when they visit or we visit them (not very often since my dad lives 2 hours away and my mom is in TX). His parents he talks to a couple times a week. mostly his mom not Dad.

3. pavermama

pavermama Rut Row!

I talk to my mom once or twice a week, dad is deceased.

I talk to my inlaws 3-5 times per week depending on if they are around.

My hubby talks to his dad probably every day or every other.

His mom, maybe a couple times a month.

His step-mom, once or twice a week.

4. Sohee

Sohee working on the bikini body

(coming from a college student)

Mom- on the phone at least every other day
    Dad- maybe twice a week on the phone, three or four through email

5. kates13

kates13 Member

Yikes...I talk to my mom once every couple of weeks, and she lives 5 minutes from me!

6. Inatic

Inatic Ya Gotta Wanna! Moderator

talk to mom a few times a week, dad doesnt get on the phone much but he is always right there when we speak to ea other. There are 8 siblings in my family, plenty to keep parents busy.

I dont speak to Vic's parents unless i answer the phone. They call from puerto rico. , though dad speaks english, step mom doesnt.

Vic speaks to his dad about once a week maybe sometimes every two weeks. There are 7 siblings, plenty to keep dad busy too.

7. Meadows

Meadows misses her dad

I talk to either my mom or dad just about everyday, if I don't hubby does.

We both talk to my MIL several times a week. Hubby talks to his dad about once a week, but he talks to my dad more often.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Blondell

Blondell Former Postwhore

I talk to my mother ~1x/week. My father passed.

I talk to my mil about 1-2x/month. I love her much, but she talks too much when she chats w/ you. My fil, I don't talk to much at all. We mostly talk on holidays. :shrug:

9. BigAmes

BigAmes Well-Known Member

I talk to my mom about once a week....my dad 2-3x a week since he travels for work and gets bored too easily.

My BF talks to his family once a week. If not, his mom will blow up the house phone calling to make sure he's still alive. ha.

10. Q45

Q45 +h3 H@rdc0r3

MIL-not much
    mom-not much..1-2x a month. mostly thru emails and texts.
    dad-1-2x a month

11. Blondell

Blondell Former Postwhore

CALL YOUR MOTHER! :p

12. Rhoda

Rhoda Slow And Steady Wins The Race

My mom about 2 times a week
    My dad and SF both passed away.
    MIL when I answer the phone.

My husband only talks to my mom when I bring her over. And he still is her favorite.:unsure:
    He calls his mom every couple of days since she has been sick.

13. Audrey

Audrey Well-Known Member

I talk to my mother usually once a week. Same thing with my in-laws. And since both my mother and in-laws usually call during the weekend (on Skype so that they can see the baby), my husband talks to them once a week as well.

Then again, both families live 5,000 miles from us...

14. lynne12

lynne12 Member

I try to talk to my mom at least once a week - if I can't for sure every second week. I regret not having spoken to my Dad more when he was around. I don't want regrets when my Mom passes on so I try to make the effort. Today, I had a half hour free, and called and chatted for an hour. It was nice.

15. CCMAK5

CCMAK5 Member

I talk to my parents every day and see them on the weekends. My inlaws? I see them on Wed. nights and Sun. nights when they stop by my house.

16. pixie

pixie Well-Known Member

I talk to my parents nearly every day and visit a couple of times a week, they live about 40 minutes away.

My husband's family 'disowned' him just before we got engaged nearly 4 years ago.

17. Ames

Ames Rocking the stage!

Wow, I am going to sound really awful.....

I *maybe* talk to my mom once a month. My dad has passed but I probably "talk" to him more. ;)

I don't talk to my inlaws very often either. Generally when I've got time to call in the evening, my MIL will have had too much wine for me to be able to deal with her. :lol: FIL turns into a pumpkin at 7 pm, so if you don't catch him before that time of day you won't. Hubby probably talks to them 3 or 4 times a week though. I doubt if he has talked to my mom since the last time we were in Nebraska which was in July of 2007.

I do talk to my little sister probably 4 or 5 times a week...via text, email or phone.