Powdered Peanut Butter

Discussion in 'Diet, Nutrition and Supplements' started by straitshooter, Aug 27, 2007.

1. straitshooter

straitshooter Active Member

Someone from another forum mentioned that she eats this "powdered peanut butter" from Bell Plantations...i checked it out online.

Here's what the site says:
    Made with USA grown peanuts that are slow-roasted and pressed to remove fat. All natural with no additives. PB2 has the same consistency as full fat peanut butter with all of the natural roasted peanut flavor but with 75% less fat calories.
    PB2 Powdered Peanut Butter is mixed with water to create a traditional peanut butter mixture. It is also wonderful for recipes that call for peanut butter. (browse recipes)

Ingredients include: Peanuts, salt, sugar (NO preservatives)

Here are the macros per 2 tbsp:

cal: 54.138
    fat: 2.84grams
    carbs: 3.7 grams
    sugar: 1 gram
    protein: 4.3 grams

http://www.bellplantation.com/mm5/m...ore_Code=BP&Product_Code=PB2-4&Category_Code=

I just ordered some so I can't say if it's good. She said it tastes the same, or darn near the same. Problem is, you can't order just 1 jar.The smallest order is 4. I am a sucker for trying new things so I will report up when I get it in!

Has anyone else tried this?

Last edited: Aug 27, 2007
  2. Erik

Erik Admin

Yucky

Powdered PB?

I like the good stuff with all the fat.

3. straitshooter

yeah, i don't know why it's called powdered since it isn't powdered at all! It comes in a jar w/ the same consistency as regular PB. weird. Anyway, just thought I would share! :)

4. Noel Clark

Noel Clark Senior Member

ooooh I can't wait to hear what you think!!!

5. cejk

cejk Senior Member

I know that Amy (Sina) tried this stuff once- I am pretty sre she thought it tasted pretty good. I'll let her know to give her reviews!!

6. Cindy Day

Cindy Day Well-Known Member

But it's roasted and it removes the fat, so there is not any intake of good fats with it? Besides taste, I don't see the purpose??

7. straitshooter

I was under the impression that roasting only slightly changes the essesntial fatty acids of the nuts....but not so much to make that big of a difference......I think i will like this just simply because the total fat percentage is less. But what do others think?

8. Inatic

Inatic Ya Gotta Wanna! Moderator

but would be great on a refeed, providing it tasted good :D PBand J sammiches :drool:

9. Amy

Amy Just say no to CANDY!!!

This is exactly why I purchased it!! I bought it a few months ago because I love pb and Jelly sandwiched on Ezekiel bread. But due to not wanting to do the starches and fats together, I figured it would be a compromise. IT does taste really good. I added one packet of splenda cause it made it taste oh so yummy!!! :drool:

10. straitshooter

thank you so much for your review! i am excited to get it. your sandwiches sound great!

11. JackieRTP

JackieRTP Work In Progress

Straitshooter, I ordered it. I can send you a jar actually if you PM me your address. It is good. But..... not as good as regular peanut butter. :rolleyes: The ingredients are peanuts, sugar, and salt. So, there is sugar added to it. 2 tbsp has 54 calories, 2.5g fat, 3.7g carbs, and 4.3g protein per the label. It is interesting.... I need to get some ideas as what to do with it or what other folks have tried. It comes in a jar that looks like a peanut butter jar and is powder. You add water to it or mix it into something. It is not peanut butter consistency.

• Like Like x 1
  12. KevinP

KevinP KOOL AID-A-HOLIC

My wife (Amy) bought this :ruloco: She swears by it. Me? I will stick to the real thing.

13. cejk

cejk Senior Member

:clap: :faint: :yayconfetti:

You posted! I cant believe you posted!! WooHoo!!

14. cejk

cejk Senior Member

I think Straightshooter said she bought it already.. so um well... you could send it to me!:laugh: ......nah.. cant not on my plan. :sad:

15. sweetart

sweetart New Member

Just curious, are the macros for 2 tbsp dry or 2 tbsp after its mixed with water? If its the dry measure, that would be lots of pb! I :love: pb!!

16. KevinP

KevinP KOOL AID-A-HOLIC

I like real peanut putter. more flavor, but i guess thats a thing of the past!

17. straitshooter

thank you for clarifying this! and also, how you mix it! very weird. But anyway, i am excited to get it. Dont' get me wrong, I am sure the real stuff tastes much better, but i am willing to deal! Oh and if you go on their website, you will see a ton of receipes! I will post the link here! http://www.bellplantation.com/index.php?option=com_ricettario&func=viewcategory&Itemid=27&catid=1

18. JackieRTP

JackieRTP Work In Progress

19. magdalynaa

magdalynaa Jabber Jaws

That's a good idea.

20. Noel Clark

Noel Clark Senior Member

:ditto:

That sounds good.