Pre workout drinks??

Discussion in 'Diet, Nutrition and Supplements' started by trinny12, Oct 11, 2011.

1. Erik

Erik Admin

White Flood - while the lemonaide tastes terrible, it knock the pants off of Super Pump.

2. Erik

Erik Admin

White Flood - while the lemonaid tastes terrible (although I hear the others aren't bad) it knocks the pants off of Super Pump.

3. gymrat_at44

gymrat_at44 Member

Thanks Erik - I prefer a quick snack. Will check the white flood, not lemonaid.

4. stephm2010

stephm2010 In Motion

Why?

5. Tamara_Bess

Tamara_Bess Member

Can anyone direct me to a threat that discusses pre-workout meals?
    *curtsy*
    Thank you!

6. Inatic

Inatic Ya Gotta Wanna! Moderator

im not sure there is a pre workout meal thread.. check the oatmeal/hot cereal thread.. that is what many of us eat/plan around with.. macros adjust to individual need

Oatmeal/hot cereal

7. bush1212

bush1212 New Member

Well, i drink MRM Driven - Raspberry Lemon Tart. I find this very tasty.

8. madmikegolf

madmikegolf New Member

I use Dymatize XPAND XTREME PUMP orange flavor. It taste just like Tang and gives a good pump.

9. minglette

minglette Member

ive been using pure dmaa. AWESOME . only side effect from complete focus is sweating.

10. lka

lka Member

I like to use amino energy. My favorite is the blue raspberry flavor. I get up at 4:30m to teach bootcamps and it goes me such energy, even into my workout which is usually 90 minutes after I take it. I like it because I don't crash soon after taking it.

11. nari1208

nari1208 Banned

Me either, only meal. Like oatmeal or fruit yogurt. You can try fresh fruit shakes with less sugar. In our gym, they offer banana shake. I only drink gatorade or any other energy drink to fully energized before or after workout. :)

12. Marilyn

Marilyn Member

What is the purpose of caffeine prior to a workout? Energy? Is there another reason? I'm new to this so I'm just wondering. I don't do well with caffeine. Even green tea gives me problems. Heart racing, nervous, and I also get grouchy, :bugeyes: :grrr: :sleep2: then crash.

13. patti

patti Active Member

The caffeine just adds a little boost and is completely optional. Erik doesn't recommend it be used if you're already consuming more than 2 cups of coffee already... I think he said he only uses it occasionally himself.
    Since you're sensitive, you may want to skip that ingredient, although, I have noticed that the pharmaceutical grade that I got (Thanks to Ileen's recommendation to that Bio-something-or-other company) doesn't give me the jitters at all.

14. Inatic

15. Marilyn

Marilyn Member

I'm not a coffee drinker. Just tea. Thanks, Patti and Ilene! I'll check it out. It's too bad I'm so sensitive to it because I could really use a boost. I'm always so tired, low energy. Always have been. It's really weird though because I get a little boost of energy in the evening. The only time I remember feeling really good and energetic was when I did a juice fast for a few days this past summer. Never felt better. But you can't live on that forever.

16. Emma

Emma Member

I workout first thing before work at 530am so it's always a double espresso for me pre workout, I drink tea the rest of the day.

17. Inatic

that sounds like your adrenals are off

18. patti

patti Active Member

:yeahthat: THAT'S it! I ordered 2 of the Pre-WO ingredients from them, and have to say that I'm more impressed by their products than those that I've gotten from SmartPowders, so far :oops: I also appreciate that their supplements aren't in containers that are 4 times as big as the amount of product!

19. Marilyn

Marilyn Member

Is that the same thing as adrenal fatigue? I have a lot of natural health sites on my FB and they talk about that. I'll have to look into adrenals. Thanks Ilene. You have been a great help to me on this forum.

20. Inatic

yes its related.