Protein Ice Cream in the Ninja?

Discussion in 'Recipes' started by TEACHK, Jun 12, 2013.

1. TEACHK

TEACHK Well-Known Member

Anyone make PP ice cream in a Ninja blender successfully? What's your recipe?

2. Inatic

Inatic Ya Gotta Wanna!

Not the Ninja but.......
    the blendtec i find the ice to water ratio is 1 c water to 3 cups crushed ice. When i used my Bullet it was less ice and a bit more water.

3. lesliemirinda

lesliemirinda Member

Yup--I scoop protein, 1/2 tsp xanthum, liquid stevia, water, ice, blend. You'll have to play around with protein powder--some work better than others, IMO, and consistency--I like mine like soft serve. I make mine at night with casein because its naturally thicker and works the best--ON brand.

4. Inatic

Inatic Ya Gotta Wanna!

myofusion elite makes an excellent protein ice cream. I dont know about baking with it though as i havent tried.

5. hilary

hilary New Member

I have a ninja but I haven't been able to perfect it yet. I usually end up having to freeze it for an hour or so, but then it never turns out like soft serve. I'll have to keep tweaking! If you find the magic ninja amounts let me know :)

6. TEACHK

TEACHK Well-Known Member

Thanks so much. I have no prob getting soft serve consistency with my Vitamix (no freezing needing) but was trying to find out if anyone had a good recipe for my Ninja friends. :)

7. novamt

novamt Member

Oh! Please share your Vitamix ratio! Protein ice cream was one of the main incentives to buy my Vitamix and each time I've tried, I get flavorless, textured slush. Thank you!

8. Inatic

Inatic Ya Gotta Wanna!

have you tried less water and more ice?

9. novamt

novamt Member

I did and then got flavorless ice that was so thick it was stuck to the sides and the blades couldn't touch them. I hate to waste the PP but I guess I need to experiment with less of everything and play from there. Do you use crushed ice? Maybe that's my mistake? Thanks!

10. kirstny

kirstny Well-Known Member

11. novamt

novamt Member

Thank you! On a mission to find Guar Gum and finally enjoy ice cream!

12. TEACHK

TEACHK Well-Known Member

I've used a few different Vitamix models and get consistently great results. I don't always use the same amounts or measure very carefully...but here goes:
    1/2 - 1 cup of unsweetended Almond milk depending on diet plan (if using 1/2 cup you can add a bit of water)
    1 scoop Trutein Protein Powder (vanilla)
    1/4 - 1 tsp xanathan gum
    two handfuls of ice cubes or less ice and 1/2 frozen banana
    1-2 TBL unsweetened dark cocoa (Optional)

Blend on variable 1 and increase to high. Use the tamper. If mixture isn't turning due to thickness, turn off, then start again at low, and increase to high. Blend until 4 mounds form and sound changes.
    Comes out like THICK soft serve ice cream! You can mix unsweetened 1-2 TBL unsweetened dark cocoa with sweetner and hot water to make chocolate sauce (adds 10-20 calories).

13. novamt

novamt Member

Thank you, I'll try this one too!

14. novamt

novamt Member

Successfully made it today, thank you for the recipes!