PSMF - When is this appropriate?

Discussion in 'Diet, Nutrition and Supplements' started by jrb1980, May 2, 2006.

1. jrb1980

jrb1980 Well-Known Member

I have recently been hearing about using a protein starvation modified fast as a way to lose a lot of fat in a short amount of time. I understand that this is not a healthy, maintainable long term option, and that it involves little if an exercise but

Q. when and why is this something to consider?

Thanks

2. strongchick

strongchick Well-Known Member

When you are looking for a very quick, brief, crash diet.

I'd go to his website and read about it.

3. jrb1980

Lyle's?

4. The13ig13adWolf

The13ig13adWolf I win...

yes.

bodyrecomposition.com

there's a section dedicated to it.

5. mark

mark Rockin' teh spandex!

protein sparing modified fast

As to when, I would only use it when you have an extreme need to drop weight fast. The leaner you are, the less time you should stay on it.

6. Tina

Tina Well-Known Member

It sounds scary to me. It seems like people will think, what's the point of keeping a healthy lifestyle when you can just drop weight on a crash diet :blink:

7. The13ig13adWolf

The13ig13adWolf I win...

the thought process behind it is...people crash diet whether ya like it or not. more often than not, people are gonna do it, especially when there is a special event coming up, going on vacation, etc, etc. it's purpose is to crash diet the 'correct way' if there is such a thing. it's very specific with regards to how long a person should be on it, diet, training (or lack thereof), repairing your metabolism in the days after and soforth.

8. Tina

Tina Well-Known Member

oh I see. Interesting. Not sure if I personally could handle it though.

9. FRESH

FRESH Member

that is you want to say that you have reduced I bring it protein and you think that you are changing??

10. jrb1980

Sorry Fresh, I am a bit lost in translation.

For me, I am going on a beach vacation July 1, I will lead the healthy lifestyle until then, and after then, but am just saying if a bit before D-day I still feel I need to drop a bit, then this is something I would do (or consider anyway)

11. FRESH

FRESH Member

ah che io ho capito perciò che Lei vuole dire che io interromperei per poco tempo e Lei vuole sapere se questo può danneggiarLa??

ah I have understood therefore you want to say that I would interrupt for few time and you want to know if this can damage you??

12. jrb1980

Fresh is you are asking whether I want to know if you think PSMF would damage me - well...yes. Thoughts?