PWO Meals

Discussion in 'Diet, Nutrition and Supplements' started by Erik, Jun 28, 2007.

1. kerenwest18

kerenwest18 New Member

28 grams of quinoa flour, 1/4 tsp baking powder, 1/8 tsp baking soda, 1/4 tsp vanilla extract, 10 grams egg whites, remainder of carbs from chocolate chips, mix and cook in a skillet with coconut oil cooking spray. Topped with WF calorie free pancake syrup....YUMMY!!! :yum:

2. kerenwest18

kerenwest18 New Member

Actually, I used white whole wheat flour for the refeed ones (and a lot more of it LOL) and yes, milk chocolate ghiradelli chips. For my PWO yesterday I used quinoa flour (because it is Passover) and kosher for Passover semi-sweet chocolate chips. Different flavor and texture - kind of nutty - but delicious too!! :yum:

3. kmh615

kmh615 New Member

i know its not the highest volume, but my PWO today will be 3 york peppermint patties. i just LOVE those. for 3 it is 150 cal, 3g fat, 33 g carbs. perfect! might just blend them up in the protein shake, like a blizzard yum.

4. Inatic

Inatic Ya Gotta Wanna! Moderator

Mine...

I stay away from junk and snack foods and avoid wheat (not gluten intolerant or sensive but I have autoimmune thyroid and they 'suggest' avoid wheat.. so most of the time i do.

Protein ice cream (made in the blendtec blender) is H U G E and THICK
    and
    then either puffed rice or puffed kalmut..50cals/14g about 1c
    puffed wheat is like 50cals/ 15g or 1 1/4 cup so you can see how much you get with that....
    puffed rice is a little less (1 cup) and the kalmut (abt the same) but those are crunchier than the rice. I have a huge carb allowance atm :piggie:

I then stir the cereal into the ice cream as i eat it, little by little so the crunch etc last all the way to the bottom.

Very filling.. for me, its not only a volume thing but a hand to mouth thing.. 5bites of anything doesnt feel like im eating.

5. Breezy

Breezy Member

Protein Ice cream topped with cereal is what I've been having about PWO lately, tonight was a mix of reese's puffs & dulce de leche cheerios - amazing combo!

6. baybygirl31

baybygirl31 Member

Chocolate Cream of Wheat with mini marshmallows

7. Erik

Erik Admin

Mine today will be two ice cream cones from McDonalds - yes they fit.

8. Tina

Tina Well-Known Member

I'm just sticking with rice cakes for now. Tomato Basil is my favourite at the moment. :)

9. patti

patti Active Member

Me likes me rice cakes, too because of the amount we get!
    Today, though, just finished my big bowl o'puffed corn...with PP--vanilla mixed with a bit of Torani caramel syrup: Caramel corn treat!! :yum:

10. Inatic

i think there is a thread but i'll put it here..

myo pp
    1/4-12tsp of xanthan gum (sometimes half xanthan/guar)
    tbl of Walden farm choc dip
    1/3 amt of ice to water if using the blendtec
    more water to ice if using the bullet.

I start with crushed ice vs cubes. Blend the heck out of it.
    Jami what kind of blender are you using? which pp.. I can get the same texture in the bullet as the blendtec..

11. Ashlee30

Ashlee30 Member

I guess I have to mess with it more..I just hate wasting protein when I screw up! Maybe I will just send you a plane ticket to come visit me and teach me.:yippee:

12. Inatic

I find with the bullet, you need almost a 50/50 ratio.. but i'd put less water than ice to start and then tweak with adding more water as needed.. You need to let it get into its groove and really blend it well otherwise it can be a bit 'icy'

13. michele.m

michele.m Member

i am really diggin on this post workout meal...
    i've had protein shake ice cream with honey bunches of oats on top for crunchieness...
    protein shake with a side of mcdonalds ice cream......
    protein shake and cooked oats, because i truly love oatmeal......
    protein shake and whole what flat out bread because i was craving them..
    i do find that i am trying to find the 'most bang for my buck' in terms of quantity and taste of my meal...it's fun and satisfying to experiement this way...plus it takes away (at least for me) the yearning of anything sweet because i actually can have something (ice cream) if i choose...

14. patti

patti Active Member

:nod: I know, right?
    It makes ya wish for training EVERY day! And it's fun to eat where someone can actually see you eat-- makes you feel...naughty! :D
    THIS IS LIVING!

15. 2009public

2009public Member

cornpops?? you just made my heart happy!! LOL you don't find too many ladies who admit to loving kid cereals.

16. Inatic

are you kidding. Read the forum.. everyone here loves kid cereal. Corn pops not my favorite. Love the chocolate ones but i used puffed ones, for volume :D :piggie:

17. Tianagonzalez

Tianagonzalez NEVER GIVE UP!!

:girly:

18. pavermama

pavermama Rut Row!

When you all get your skinny cow on, is it just the sandwiches or do you opt for other products of theirs as well? The sandwiches seem to be "more" food then any other of their products. Just curious. I'm just now sampling the PWO's from here and ABSOLUTELY loving it. 'Cept the kids wanna know why they can't have the reeses puffs for breakfast before school but I can eat it..HEHE!! They still get theirs. Sugary cereals are a treat for them because I don't let them eat that stuff too often. I even shared some of my skinny cow sandwiches with them. They thought that was cool that they got to eat one of mom's PWO meals!! Ha!! Kids are too funny!! I'm leaning toward more of Ileens thinking with the puffs for volume. I'm not a big eater, but sometimes I'm not getting satisfied as far as my hunger goes. Will say it's definately helping with the wanting the junk food!! This is awesome!!

19. Tianagonzalez

Tianagonzalez NEVER GIVE UP!!

^^ the ice cream sandwich w PP shake is def my fav... but yes, i did mix it up and pick up the small ice cream cups they offer... my favorite flavor is the Caramel... YUM YUM YUM....

I also love Chocolate Cheerios... Corinne turned me on to them "babygirl" on here. :)

20. pavermama

pavermama Rut Row!

I picked up the PB Cheerios. Not sure if they are allowed in the PWO. I've only had them once but they are PRRRRRRETTY good!!! Might have to try the Chocolate ones...