PWO Meals

Discussion in 'Diet, Nutrition and Supplements' started by Erik, Jun 28, 2007.

1. Inatic

Inatic Ya Gotta Wanna! Moderator

why wouldnt they be allowed? Recese puffs are.

2. brooket

brooket Active Member

The chocolate ones were, just um, okay, IMO. I think you can have the PB ones, too??? Is the fat too high or something??

3. pavermama

pavermama Rut Row!

The pb cheerios are really good! I was just questioning my own thinking on whether they would be ok or not. Something I waaaay overdo. I had a protein shake and I mixed the Reeses puffs w/the pb cheerios this morning. Didn't have a choice,,,,kids ate all the puffs!!! I was left with a tiny bit at the bottom of bag. Figures...from now on, my PWO yummy stuff is allllll mine!!! They can get their own!!! (It was good!!)

4. patti

patti Active Member

KIDS!! :uhuh:

That sounds :yum:

5. Angel

Angel Member

So many new PWO meals to try! Thx everyone!!!

6. Buck

Buck New Member

I love the sugar free pudding. I can eat 3 and still be on plan!

7. tstafford95

tstafford95 Member

My workouts are early in the mornings 5am, can someone share their morning PWO meals that I could use? Thanks a million!!

8. patti

patti Active Member

Depends on what is on your plan as far as protein & carb amounts, but generally with your carbs you will want any low fat carb not exceeding 160 calories and that equals 30-32g carbs. Then add your protein.
    The options are endless. Take a gander back through this thread for lots of ideas. I've made "ice cream" from FF Cottage Cheese with WF Dips, ice & water, and spooned in cereal. A few times I've made Rice Pudding with brown rice, eggs, stevia, etc (you can find recipes for that in Corinne's Recipe thread) Have fun!

9. tstafford95

tstafford95 Member

Thanks Patti!

10. Devon Nicole

Devon Nicole Member

New PWO discovery! Target has some Archer Farms breakfast breads in the bakery section. They taste like a pastry but only 1.5 to 2 grams of fat. I tried the Marbled Mocha bread and am going to try the blueberry bread next. I microwaved for a few seconds and topped with an "icing" made out of my Trutein and almond milk. Heaven.

11. phippengr8

phippengr8 Member

OHH that sounds good. I will have to look next time im there. Love Target!

12. patti

patti Active Member

:thumb:

That sounds yummy!! I took a look online and it looks like there are a few good & tasty options. I'll bet they would make a taste-gasmic bread pudding using Corinne's recipe- either as a meal or PWO!
    Our Target is about 30 minutes away so I don't get there often, but do have a return to make this weekend so I will check this out for sure!
    Thanks!

13. pavermama

pavermama Rut Row!

LOL!!! OH I gotta use this one!!!!! Too funny!!

14. MARCMANtheMAN

MARCMANtheMAN Member

Well I did not read all 100 pages but it seems like we can eat anyting we want as a PWO...is that correct?

15. cdnmom2girls

cdnmom2girls Member

No, that is not correct. A PWO meal includes low-fat protein and low-fat carb. Most people have whey protein powder as their protein source, but often choose something "fun" for the low-fat carb portion. LBC clients have certain specs they're required to follow for their PWO carbs depending on factors such as their weight, whether they're dieting, maintaining, bulking, etc. Most of this thread is about options for the carb portion of the PWO meal.

16. Donnys101

Donnys101 New Member

I too have autoimmunie thyroid...does it help to stay away from wheat? I notice that I'm very sensitive to salty foods as well. Thanks

Last edited: May 25, 2012
  17. Inatic

Inatic Ya Gotta Wanna! Moderator

a lot of members on one of my thyroid boards says yes.
    Its not built into lbc plans so the only wheat id get is either subbing or pwo, IF i chose to eat. I 99% of the time dont. That said, I have no symptoms that i can relate to eating , so just more precautionary on my part.

If you dont consistently eat/add salt, you will notice swelling and retention, when it becomes part of your diet, the lbc encourages its usuage, i doubt you will see any effects. Use it consistently though.. maybe some wt retention to start but then it levels out.

18. Breezy

Breezy Member

Graham cracker PP + dunkin hines "frosting starter" in Choc Marshmallow protein Ice-Cream, topped with mini-mallows & Honeycomb = S'MORES PP Ice-cream! YUM!

19. Juliamac

Juliamac New Member

No my understanding was that general rule for PWO meal is 30-33g carbs and 160g calories.

I'm having:
    2.3 cup caramel popcorn
    40g cocopops
    Skinny Cow ice-cream sandwich

20. zonedriven

zonedriven Member

Wow.... for almost 3 years I have had oatmeal or something post workout as my carb..... or fruit and pp. Definitely going to switch it up and eat some cereal (kid cereal)...I have had things like puffed rice with my pp....but lucky charms or reese puffs sound much better! And ice cream.... oh how I have missed it...because I don't eat dairy. Anyone use any of the non-dairy ice creams such as coconut milk ice cream or anything like that pwo?