PWO Meals

Discussion in 'Diet, Nutrition and Supplements' started by Erik, Jun 28, 2007.

1. runningjoy

runningjoy Member

no...i've read people do that...but not sure about the texture for me. i get my gym to blend my shake in their powerful blenders so my measly 1/2 cup bland shake turns into a monstrously large, fluffy and tasty gem.

speaking of which. i had the BEST shake on friday. used chocolate egg white protein, couple of drops of chocolate raspberry stevia, a couple drops of raspberry flavouring, and 1/2c. unsweetened coconut milk. you have to try it! tasted like a Wendy's frosty. yummers.

2. cdnmom2girls

cdnmom2girls Member

I make pizza sometimes for my carb/protein meal: carbs- tortilla for the shell, pizza sauce; protein - meat, ff cheese. Season/add veggies if desired. Bake. Done!

3. patti

patti Active Member

I was going to say something similar to what Sophie said, and that is to have it as one of your meals rather than a PWO. the PWO is primarily carb and protein, with limited fat and fibrous veggies.
    When I make pizza for the family, but don't want to have the same as a free meal, I make my own pizza using a Flat Out and grill or broil it till crisp, then top with my veggies , cheese, and ground turkey, yada, yada...
    Maybe you could find/make a dough that would fit your carb requirements and use a combo of a little FFcheese & meat to fit your protein requirements, and just a smidgen of sauce. Maybe make something like a stuffed calzone :shrug:

4. simba zee

simba zee New Member

I dont know if you want to make a whole pizza or a single serv thing...but I sometimes take a whole wheat bagel,add some lower sodium pizza sauce,sprinkle on red fat cheese(ff doesnt melt as well) and some spicy seasoning and nuke for a min. I;ts kinda like a french bread type..chewy. I bought a package of turkey pepperoniy and may experiment. I'm not a client so dont do the plan but maybe it could be adapted?

• Like Like x 1
  5. MelanieT

MelanieT New Member

A skinny Cow ice cream sandwich and a protein shake does sound perfect !!

6. rgreba

rgreba New Member

breadpudding.jpg

Mock bread pudding. It's not very pretty, I know, but it actually turned out quite well.
    I used light Thomas english muffins. (I was short on time so I didn't soak them in anything, but a sugar free syrup would make the bread sweeter.) My max amount of calories is 170 to give others an idea of how much you can have.
    Cookies n cream protein powder mixed with a serving of sugar free chocolate pudding mix. I add sugar free vanilla syrup and vanilla nut butter extract.
    Mixed all with a flax milk and water till it's a creamy soft texture.
    Cut the bread apart add to the mixture.
    Let it sit.
    Oven to 375
    Cook for 20-30mins.
    I even added mini chocolate chips on top since I had some room to work with.
    Good amount of volume as well.
    Muffin: 100k.
    Pudding mix: 25k
    Milk:20k
    Chocolate Chips: 15k

7. jmdfit

jmdfit New Member

today was a protein shake and 2 low fat fudgesicles. YUM :)

8. jmdfit

jmdfit New Member

Can starbucks work for post workout? Today i had a shake and then a tall vanilla bean frap with non fat milk with no whip. It was yummy!

9. patti

patti Active Member

You'll have to see how it all (calories/carbs/fat) fits.

10. patti

patti Active Member

My PWO lately has been a split between my Puffed Kamut & a Nature's something-or-other pop-tart pastry thingy. (I've never, in all my 52 years, had a Pop tart, but got some to see what all the fuss was about. Meh! But I'll finish them up a little at a time.)
    PP + unsweetened almond milk

I got to thinking yesterday as I was having my PWO, that I may experiment with a "fried ice cream" of sorts: Stoneyfield After Dark frozen yogurt rolled in some pan-toasted kamut or even crushed reduced fat Nilla wafers or some graham crackers :wink: I may even bake a brownie out of the PP and wash it all down with almond milk with a splash of vanilla
    Then again, that sounds too much like a dessert-fest, and might make me want too many sweets. We shall see!

11. jmdfit

jmdfit New Member

It fit :) 170 cal, 0g fat, 4g pro, 39g carb

12. Babydoll

Babydoll New Member

4 egg whites, one coconut fudge ice cream bar, 27g froot loops!!

13. Inatic

Inatic Ya Gotta Wanna! Moderator

that isnt enough protein. 4 eggwhites....

14. chrissy

chrissy New Member

This might sound like a really stupid question, but with the PWO meal, does it have to be straight away after the workout or around 1 hour afterwards (assuming you had a protein shake afterwards)? I was always told that you need whey protein isolate straight afterwards to get to the muscle then you eat afterwards. But I suppose this may not be the right answer? Would love to try the "LBC" way lol

15. Inatic

we eat our pwo meal after training with LBC/CWT. You can follow up with an additional meal later.PWO meal is prot and carbs after training. Reg meal after cardio unless otherwise indicated in individ plan.

16. Babydoll

Babydoll New Member

I'm very small, that's what's on my plan!

17. Inatic

ok.

18. Candicestrawson

Candicestrawson New Member

Is the PWO meal a free meal from your plan or do you still count the carbs & pro in your daily macs???

19. Inatic

counts and is included in daily total. No meal is free unless designated free .

20. patti

patti Active Member

:laugh: I wouldn't know the diff! But I do think the macros are about the same, just one has slightly "healthier" (lol) ingredients