SI new swimsuit cover - Um, I think not.

Discussion in 'Mindless Banter' started by DeniseT, Feb 14, 2012.

1. DeniseT

DeniseT Member

swimsuitcover.jpg

So this is what Sports Illustrated thinks is sexy? Clearly they haven't met any LBC clients.

2. mackie

mackie With my hero, Brigitte Gabriel

I can't speak for SI but, in my opinion, she is dang farrrrrrr from unsexy. :shrug:

3. ncfarris26

ncfarris26 Nicole

I just think that suit is terrible.

4. Inatic

Inatic Ya Gotta Wanna! Moderator

it horrid!

5. brooket

brooket Active Member

:scratch:

6. RpH

RpH I'm actually educated

Yep, that's the first thing I thought when I saw that pic.

7. pavermama

pavermama Rut Row!

That suit wouldn't fit my 7 yr. old. It looks stupid on her!

8. Debbie

Debbie Official since 2/15/2012

I don't like the suit either. Poor fit for sure.

9. Scarl3tbutt3rfly

Scarl3tbutt3rfly Motivated and ready!!

They were discussing this image on Facebook yesterday on Hardbody.com. I guess it is overly photoshopped also? I dunno.

I think she looks good, of course she isn't ripped and she has tiny skinny arms ;). It isn't my goal for a physique, but I'm sure it is some people's.

Based on the target audience, men who read SI, it is probably fitting. I know my son has made comments that girls with abs are gross..lol (he is 18). Just sayin'... Of course me and my daughter are like BRING ON THE ABS!!! and think he is crazy, but that is what alot of men like :shrug:

I do agree the top on that suit is terrible. But for a SI I suppose it sells lol :p

10. pavermama

pavermama Rut Row!

I would say definately!! Don't think there is anything out there anymore that isn't photoshopped! I think the model herself looks great! Definately what most SI and many, many other readers of mags want in a woman. I just really think that suits makes the model look funny.....not sexy at all. Doesn't do her any justice..

11. Scarl3tbutt3rfly

Oh I know!!! In fact just a couple weeks ago I ran into an add on Livestrong. It was actually good little article, or it was tips for the gym or something like that. The photo used in the ad was photoshopped. There was discussion below how the girl didn't look real and was photoshopped. There was even commentary by the photographer, arguing that the photo was legit. Farther down though, Livestrong came out saying the photo was indeed photoshopped and showed examples of the original and the photoshopped image. What stinks is the girl looked great before photoshopping, but they narrowed her waist further to make it smaller, and seemed to get rid of the muscle of her tricep so her arm was skinnier :confused: Crazy what they do nowadays :ruloco:

12. DeniseT

DeniseT Member

I think having curves is great. . .but that pose and that suit doesn't do her justice. Nearly every model gets photoshopped and that just sucks cuz it doesn't depict the real person. Mine as well have made her into a comic strip.

13. cathymp

cathymp Well-Known Member

Yeah, I just shook my head when I saw it too. I didn't think this looked good at all. The thing is though, I don't know why. It could be the suit, the way she's posing. Maybe it's that I like a different look for women, I don't know. Sports Illustrated typically does a lot better with their covers and this one (in my opinion) lacks in comparison to previous covers.

14. pavermama

pavermama Rut Row!

There is controversy over whether they will use her again according to some sources from the Michigan area. I've been hearing bits and pieces about her on the radio lately because her uncle is congressman Fred Upton from Michigan. They are always interviewing him for WRKR radio station out of Kalamazoo. Lots of fuss about her around here since she is a local girl from this area.

15. LilMissSunshine

LilMissSunshine I Wanna Be Like Sarah.

LOL Funny you say this. The fella and I were watching Walking Dead the other night, and I cant help but notice that although they are so lean, theres no definition of muscle what so ever. The women have STICKS for arms. Yes, I get it - zombie appocolipse, they are famished, blah blah blah. But to me, lean = muscular. I notice it all the time and if I make a comment to my BF he says IM the one who's the minorty :ruloco: :lol: - not stick figure lady. Sure, WE think every woman looks better with a bit of beef to her and WE think that there are a LOT of men that find that 'normal' and very attractive. But once in a while I have to remind myself that is just the community we have surrounded ourselves with. And although it seems like there are SOOOO many of its fit fantatics, in reality, we are a rare breed.

The girl on the cover is smokin, for what the majority of men expect a 'hot' woman to look like :p ...even if her suit is far from :poledance: :lol:

16. LilMissSunshine

LilMissSunshine I Wanna Be Like Sarah.

In my last photoshoot I did there was one where Im out in the muddy wilderness basically just covered with a strategically placed net and some 'kini bottoms - it would have been an awesome awesome shot - if my photographer didnt blend out my ham/quad split. I was like, :confused: What didja do that for? :shrug: I worked hard for that. I even asked to have her UNphotoshop that part and it just wasnt gonna happen - 'not the typical look' :dry: Well, derrrrr :ruloco: :lol:

17. RindaClark

RindaClark Member

As a photograher I manipulate photos in Photoshop just like I would negatives in a darkroom in the film days. I keep things true to life while improving a bit (like removing blemishes on skin - but never muscles really???) I cannot understand photographers who take a photo then spend all their time changing the photo so much in Photoshop it basically becomes another photo.

18. Scarl3tbutt3rfly

It is true. I forget that often as well. And my hubby loves muscles, so I personally don't worry about it. I want more more more!!!

I agree, I think she is beautiful and has a great body. But it is just like a more muscular figure girl, if you threw here up on SI and had the "standard SI consumer" critiquing, they probably would think she is too muscular. One guy that posted on the hardbody.com FB even said, "she looks perfect, about time to see women actually looking like women and not men" It always freaks me out when people think even a figure girl, or a very lean bikini girl has too much muscle..I'm like what!??!?! :confused:

That would make me upset too!! LOL A photographer that is used to photographing athletes and competitors probably wouldn't do such a thing. But that is funny he did that.

I think some photographers, photoshop stuff to be more "accepting" to the general public, or the consumer they are marketing for. I agree though, other than removing blemishes, they shouldn't be doing all that.

19. gymrat_at44

gymrat_at44 Member

Two interesting points of reference regarding this topic.

Photoshop - they all do it, we all know it, teenagers need to know it. For instance, find most photo's of Erin Stern in magazines and she has a smooth stomach... but in reall life, on her FB pages, she has a belly button ring... question is, how did the two holes magically disappear for the magazine shoots.

Models - One time watching, Next Top Model, there was a cute, very fit young lady on the show and she was told to TONE down her fitness, she was too toned and muscular to walk the catwalk... the other girls were just skin and bones. No definition.

I'll take the muscle definition.

20. shimmeringpearl

shimmeringpearl Member

The suit is just there so they can put the magazine on the racks in more stores. The suit does not matter to the men.