Skin tags

Discussion in 'Fitness & Pregnancy' started by dare, Jan 12, 2007.

1. dare

dare I'm not fat...I'm pregnant!

Ick! I have developed some skin tags.....and of all places, they are 'down there', in the worst place they could have developed.
    Anyway, I just got back from the doctors & I asked about them because I want to get rid of them and so he's going to freeze them off in a couple of weeks. :scared:
    It's going to hurt so bad :bawling: and I'm so scared, but at least I won't have them anymore.

Anyone else have or had skin tags? Did you have them removed?

2. Ruthie

Ruthie Active Member

yes I had 2 small ones near my underarm area-it doesn't really hurt to have them removed

3. Hoochiemomma

Hoochiemomma Member

DS had one on his eyelid - we clipped it off with nail clippers. Grew back a couple times but now it's gone for good.

We love to play doctor at our house :hehe:

4. dare

dare I'm not fat...I'm pregnant!

Wouldn't that hurt like hell & bleed?? ouch!

5. fitmonkey

fitmonkey Well-Known Member

I don't think it'll hurt bad. I got some freezed before, and it hurts less than razor burn.

6. trinitylove

trinitylove Buff in spirit

i used to have one on my neck. my neclaces would always get caught on it. :yucky:
    i would play around with it so much, that i ended up twisting it off.
    pregnancy is notorious for producing skin tags. don't know why!
    i have a friend who had hundreds on her neck that formed one really huge looking mole-about the size of a silver dollar. she had them surgically removed.

7. Caramom

Caramom Member

I had one taken off that grew just between my groin and my thigh - also while I was pregnant. It was just in the spot that the panties sit, and it hurt like hello.

When the doctor cut it off (she froze me first) it bled ALOT. I think it depends on how big the tag is, as to whether it bleeds or not. I had one under my arm once, and I cut it with nail clippers too. Hurt like a biotch, but, in the end it never came back.

8. Hoochiemomma

Hoochiemomma Member

apparently it did hurt a bit, and it did bleed a for a few minutes. It was about .5mm wide but kept getting longer.

(I should clarify that he was 12 at the time and agreed that we could cut it off, I wasn't mutilating an infant or anything weird like that)

9. Birdie

Birdie Active Member

Now keep in mind I have only read about this, but I have heard that using Sallie Hansen Hard as Nails twice a day on the skin tags will make them fall off. I read it in a doctor's syndicated column in my local newspaper. Probably not for 'down there', but perhaps worth a try elsewhere.