Solid food vs. protein powder

Discussion in 'Diet, Nutrition and Supplements' started by Carrie, Apr 7, 2008.

1. Carrie

Carrie My 3 babies!!!

So aside from keeping you fuller longer, is there any other benefit from getting your protein in with shakes rather than chicken/tuna/turkey/eggwhites? I prefer solid foods, but I'm bulking and would prefer to have shakes at work instead of carrying meals around. Will it really make that much of a difference?

2. Noel Clark

Noel Clark Senior Member

I don't think that it will matter for you if you get more from shakes then solids. You are still getting in what you need.

On another note...are the doggies new?

3. Carrie

Carrie My 3 babies!!!

Thanks Noel.

No, the doggies aren't new. They're my 4 legged children...Jack and Carrie-Ann...been around much longer that the two legged one ;)

4. FitnessModerate

FitnessModerate Just do it

Thanks now I don't feel guilty about doing 2 PP/day.

5. Blondell

Blondell Former Postwhore

why would you?

6. FitnessModerate

Because I'm always looking to feel guilty about something.

7. smuggie

smuggie Maureen aka Mo

Are you Jewish? :uhuh:

8. FitnessModerate

Yeah, how did you figure it out? :weights2:

9. smuggie

smuggie Maureen aka Mo

It wasn't hard. :lol:

10. RpH

RpH I'm actually educated

I didn't know he was Jewish, I just thought he was dumb.

You know I'm kidding you big guy. I a big teaser. Tease, tease. got ya!

11. FitnessModerate

RpH is treading on very thin ice now! Your rep count is going to take a severe beating I think! :lol3::lol3::lol3:

12. RpH

RpH I'm actually educated

One of the definitions of tread is "to copulate with," so I hope that's not how you intended to use it here. If you feel you need to give me a bad rep, by all means do. That's the great thing about America. I don't have to like you and you don't have to like me and it's ok. But since we're still buds, things are great. I don't want you to feel lonely just because Erik is coming back. I'll still be there for you.

My favorite gameshow is Jeopardy. The other day, I heard someone say, "Alex, I'll take people that are dorks for $100." I don't know why I thought of that.

13. Cindy Day

Cindy Day Well-Known Member

You do know we are limited in how much rep (green ones) we can give you? :scratch:

Thanks for giving me another great laugh today. :happy05:

14. GraceGirl

GraceGirl His Beautiful Paradox

Why not make solid foods with your pp? That's what I do! I make tons of bread products and desserts, constantly tweaking the recipes to surprise my tastebuds. I do this because I really like the taste of the protein powders I have, and of course because of their moderate calories, low fat, low carb, and high protein macros.

If you don't want to use pp, then don't! You can absolutely get your daily protein from whole foods. I just like a wonderfully delicious high-protein dessert everyday!