STevia and abdominal fat?

Discussion in 'Diet, Nutrition and Supplements' started by Inatic, Aug 10, 2010.

1. Inatic

Inatic Ya Gotta Wanna! Moderator

okay.. they are talking chickens.. Maybe they will do a study on humans someday lol....

2. Milone79

Milone79 Member

damned!!! I put Stevia in everything..only 3 more weeks to go I am dumping stevia from the diet starting now...thanks for this info.

3. glassmmam

glassmmam Well-Known Member

Interesting ... I just started using the stevia raw (crystals) and hadn't noticed a difference... or did I? Might have to try a week on the equal and pay attention.

4. Sowbug

Sowbug Member

Me thinks a gram of stevia in your coffee, oatmeal or yogurt isn't going to significantly impact your abdominal fat.

These birds were eating it for breakfast, lunch and dinner.

In addition, they probably don't watch their calorie intake, nor do they do any cardio or weight lifting either.

Snort...

5. Milone79

Milone79 Member

perhaps...but I have a more than just a gram...I put in my coffee..drink about 4-6 a day..in my oatmeal goes another 2 grams...accumulative effect over several weeks??? I think I will eliminate it just to be safe for now.

6. Sowbug

Sowbug Member

But you haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaave no abdominal fat.

I actually think that YOU eat the stevia, and the abdominal fat goes straight to ME.

You are not very nice. Come claim your hard earned belly fat. Thanks.

Julia

p.s. you are very naughty for having 4-6 cups of coffee a day/or if you meant 4/6 grams of stevia in your ONE cup. much too sweet. you're on restriction and i'm calling your mother, pronto.

• Like Like x 1
  7. ncfarris26

ncfarris26 Nicole

:lol:

8. Milone79

Milone79 Member

lol...trust me I still have a little over the lower abs...I am gonna cut the stevia for the last 18 days and see if I can report back any significant changes..

9. Melody Clere

Melody Clere IFBB PRO

Not planning on changing anything else I hope. If there are any other variables that change (in your diet or cardio) how will you REALLY know it was the stevia or not? You won't. :wink:

10. Melody Clere

Melody Clere IFBB PRO

:lol:

11. Milone79

Milone79 Member

Nope...just the stevia.....only 2.5 weeks in the diet to go....will update.

12. Melody Clere

Melody Clere IFBB PRO

Awesome looking forward to hearing the results.

13. Sohee

Sohee working on the bikini body

:yeahthat: Stevia is my only source of sweetener right now. I would say that I have approximately half a teaspoon's worth a day (for oatmeal and coffee)-- I have quite the sweet tooth. I would hate to have to drop Stevia.

14. Inatic

Inatic Ya Gotta Wanna! Moderator

more info:

Following this from one of my LC boards
    they included the full study here: http://www.unilorin.edu.ng/unilorin/publications/stevia.pdf

Last edited: Aug 12, 2010
  15. Anca

Anca Well-Known Member

Interesting.

I've been using Stevia in the Raw- that's pure Stevia leaf, right?

Truvia makes me swell like a balloon, even after just a couple of pkts. I had to throw it away.

16. Milone79

Milone79 Member

ok..that changes things then..I will aim for a reduction in my consumption rather than an all out elimination...hell I need some sweetness in my diet lol I was probably eating around 8-10 packs a day now i will just stick with 2.(juuuust in case)

17. missmarce

missmarce Go Ducks!

Have you ever tried the liquid kind? NuNaturals had the best by far, and a few drops go much further than the powder stuff.

18. Milone79

Milone79 Member

yes..I prefer the liquid myself but the portability benefit of the packets is what switched me to them...

19. Erik

Erik Admin

I have one packet a day.

20. glassmmam

glassmmam Well-Known Member

I'm using the stevia in the raw now also. I have the liquid, but am spastic and keep forgetting how much I like in things :doh: Probably have 1-3 packets a day.

• Like Like x 1