The HCG Diet. WHUT?

Discussion in 'Mindless Banter' started by mackie, Apr 1, 2012.

1. mackie

mackie With my hero, Brigitte Gabriel

A friend just told me she's started the HCG Diet. I'd never heard of it so I looked at their website. I don't know if she's doing the weird injections or just following the 500 calorie diet plan:
    :blink: :blink: :blink:
    :blink: :blink: :blink:

2. Inatic

Inatic Ya Gotta Wanna! Moderator

Dont get me started!

3. mackie

I know. I'm not going to say anything to her about it. You know how people are with their weird diets. :sad:

4. krissy9876

krissy9876 Member

Been there, done that. That's why my body has been a mess! I'm so glad to be back on the right track again!

5. KAW795

KAW795 Member

When are people going to learn. Likely never.

6. Tianagonzalez

Tianagonzalez NEVER GIVE UP!!

Hey Kristin.... just curious... did you go through with the shots and the low calorie diet? I had someone recommend this to me a year ago and after some research decided it wasn't the right choice for me....

How long did you do this? Glad you're back on track ;)

7. stephm2010

stephm2010 In Motion

Been there done that.. Burned the t shirt :doh:

8. mackie

:lol:

9. stephm2010

stephm2010 In Motion

Been there done that.. Burned the t-shirt :nonono: :sad:

10. stephm2010

stephm2010 In Motion

Ok dumb my thread didn't show up, then I reposted and it shows twice :doh:

11. mackie

I didn't feel the need to do any research beyond some of their ridiculous claims:
    :whut:

This makes no sense whatsoever. First of all: no, if you're only consuming 500 calories per day then your body is not actually operating on "thousands" of calories per day.

But let's just give them that for a second, for argument's sake: Even if this were possible, and bodies were operating on "thousands" of calories per day, then they would not be in a caloric deficit, would they? People who follow this are running on 500 calories, period. That is why they experience rapid weight-loss.

There is nothing that makes sense in any of their claims.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2012
  12. stephm2010

stephm2010 In Motion

Try telling that to the desperate fat chick!!!

13. mackie

I am a "desperate fat chick".

14. Tianagonzalez

I hear you...

15. runnerstilskin

runnerstilskin Member

Wow...I've never heard of that diet... they must have thousands of people who don't know any better join thinking claims are actually true. Noone sued them yet? lol

16. Kris1

Kris1 Member

My sister is doing this and she swears by it....she's lost 30+ pounds and actually kept it off....BUT you are essentially starving yourself so of course you are going to lose weight. CRAZY and no way to live! But yea, people will try anything.

17. 1zach4

1zach4 Member

hCG in itself, for the proper reasons, is a great drug...although not recommended for use in women whatsoever. I am currently on an hCG protocol with my TRT, but the diet is a complete sham, and I do not take hCG for dietary purposes (purely for HPTA functionality)

Most of the hCG dieters are actually on the "drops" instead of injections, and in those cases, they are not even receiving a dose of hCG, but they still swear by it......

18. shimmeringpearl

shimmeringpearl Member

Isn't hcg what is in urine when you are pregnant?

19. Tianagonzalez

YUP!!! and it's very common for male bodybuilders (that are on steroids) to go on HCG when they go off Testosterone...

20. 1zach4

1zach4 Member

Actually, it's used while taking testosterone to make restarting natural production a little easier during their post cycle therapy by preventing the complete shutdown of the testes during the steroid cycle.

Also, it's used for similar reasons in individuals on testosterone replacement therapy, myself included :)