The "Hungries"

Discussion in 'Diet, Nutrition and Supplements' started by TEACHK, Nov 7, 2012.

1. TEACHK

TEACHK Well-Known Member

What's your best defense when the hungries strike - especially at night and that last meal is looking SO DIS - satisfying?
    Know the answer to my own question should be SUCK IT UP GIRL and focus on the results you want...but I'm asking any way!

2. cdnmom2girls

cdnmom2girls Member

I get out of the kitchen ASAP and I STAY out! Then for the rest of the night it's a matter of keeping myself distracted.

On really bad nights, I've dry-sautéed spinach and added a bit of hot sauce on top, or I've made a small salad with just Romaine lettuce and calorie-free dressing.

3. Inatic

Inatic Ya Gotta Wanna!

Staying busy and distracted.
    drink some hot tea
    shower and bed early. (i shower at nite)
    Sub that meal for some volume-
    make protein ice cream instead ( follow with hot tea if cold out lol)
    Use sliced almonds instead of pb (if still have fats)
    few pickles or salad

4. Inatic

Inatic Ya Gotta Wanna!

what is your last meal?
    maybe we can help tweak it.

5. Emma

Emma Member

Ok, this is going to sound daggy......

Tapestry or cross stitch.

Especially if its a big piece, once I'm set up and all the stuff is around me and on my lap it's kind of hard to move, also you can't eat at the same time because you'll mess up your work. I can stitch for hours without thinking about food, it's meditative.

6. TLynn1

TLynn1 Member

Go to bed early! Think that as soon as you sleep you can wake up and eat ;) Love hot green tea too though! I used to chew gum, yes I know...BUT I am off the gum now. Miss it :(

7. TEACHK

TEACHK Well-Known Member

Thanks for the help girls...My last meal is 12gPP, 144g yogurt (or 10g cottage cheese but I don't really like it) and 15g PB. I didn't eat my half serving of fruit for M2 today so I'm going to add it to a thick shake/pp ice cream. Then go to bed early!!!!!

8. cdnmom2girls

cdnmom2girls Member

Oh boy! No wonder you're hungry! I guess I won't mention the 40g of peanut butter I just had with my yogurt...

:cardio:

9. Inatic

Inatic Ya Gotta Wanna!

oh hush Sophie! :cheeky:

I have 30g atm at nite now but used to have 45 when i had porkchop cals.

Id get rid of the protein powder and ask for more greek yog. None on my plan. I just have 170g of greek yog with some fats..

mentioned in your thread to maybe add a stalk of celery instead of that bread. YOu can stretch 15g of pb like that!

10. runningjoy

runningjoy Member

can you sub your yogurt for all protein powder and make a "brownie"? i top mine with my 15g nut butter and sf syrup. seems to go a little farther...

11. RAPLUMB

RAPLUMB New Member

I drink a decaf coffee at night if I feel hunger strike. It's sweet and it's a good way to feel fuller

• Like Like x 1
  12. I have been buying different teas. Just bought Lipton chamomile pineapple tea and its really good at night. Especially now that its cold out here.

13. Blondell

Blondell Former Postwhore

Pickles

14. 5 calories jello packs and tea.

If I am starving I will eat a pickle. Love pickles so I have to restrain myself even here lol

15. MikeHankins

MikeHankins Member

Yup! Pickles & water do the trick every time. &
    since my plan has 2 pickles a day, this is the perfect time for them!

16. brooket

brooket Active Member

I sub out the yogurt and make protein ice cream, it is much more filling to me. Then, I melt the pb on top :yum:

Reading a book is helping me lately.

17. I have never made the protein ice cream. I will search on how to make it and give it a try. Not a huge ice cream girl but if its filling I'm in :)

18. TLynn1

TLynn1 Member

Me too! If you find it let me know-I would love to try it too.

19. Emma

Emma Member

There is a thread hanging about for protein ice cream, check out the recipes section. I've made it a few times now in a couple of different forms and it does hit the spot.

20. TEACHK

TEACHK Well-Known Member

I do sub the yogurt for pp and make a shake...gues. I'm not supposed to...but I've been saving fruit (some frozen banana) from m2 to add to it. It's filling but sometimes i just don't feel like having something cold...ESP in winter. I could sub cc or ricotta for pp and have that with celery...I'm looking for crunch...