The New Support/ Compliance/ Challenge Thread - ALL welcome.

Discussion in 'Mindless Banter' started by Inatic, Mar 31, 2015.

1. csworen

csworen Well-Known Member

I was with someone who didn't understand my life style and we didn't make it. Now, my guy is so supportive. The support is so important. Even when our others don't understand BUT listen...is key :) Glad you have support behind you....makes it easier :)

• Like Like x 1
  2. IDoYouToo

IDoYouToo Well-Known Member

So my get up and go has got up and gone :(
    sigh
    The weekend should be relaxing not make me feel like i am 107 on Monday LOL

• Like Like x 1
  3. OneMadMonkey

OneMadMonkey Well-Known Member

Well get back up and find it.

• Like Like x 1
  4. IDoYouToo

LOL
    :)
    OHHH YOU SLAVE DRIVER YOU....................hehe

5. Inatic

Inatic Ya Gotta Wanna! Moderator

I had a crazy weekend. Life is going to throw curls you just duck and keep going.

• Like Like x 1
  6. IDoYouToo

It must be the weather or something, it was cold, wet and blistery in my neck of the woods, great weekend to hole up on the couch and watch movies we bought, because we have seen everything that is decent out of the Redbox, but didn't need, out of the $5 bin at Walmart LOL.......spending the whole weekend on the couch is NOT conducive for me right now to staying on plan - sigh.................... hmmmm i hate sighing sometimes ;)

• Like Like x 1
  7. IDoYouToo

OK i would love some help.
    Here is my question:

If you cook a dish that has all of the items that are on your plan for a meal BUT the portions are outside your range how do you break down the dish to know how much you can have as a portion? Does that make sense? ie lets say i have a recipe for barley soup with browned ground bison and vegetables in it i want to make the whole recipe but how much do i pull out at a time to eat?

8. Inatic

hubby had surgery so i was stuck in the hospital with him all day friday and playing nursemaid all weekend.

9. IDoYouToo

You are truly a saint Mrs Ileen :) lol
    Hope he is feeling better and on the fast road to recovery!!!!

10. OneMadMonkey

What happened? I hope it's not his foot.

11. Inatic

Just doing what needs to be done. LOL. No sainthood here.

He had a cyst that was growing on his testicle. The gory story is they make an incision down the testicular sack andtake out the testicle, strip a membrane from around the testicle, take off the cyst and then put the testicle back in.

After surgery they discovered his potassium was critically low so he had to have that pushed into IV. They freaked it was SO low.

He's up and around (with limits) trying to get through the work day. As you can imagine, he finds it hard to sit or stand for too long. Ice packs at work, lol, he hasnt managed to do.......

12. OneMadMonkey

WOW!!! That sounds HORRIBLE. And my husband was whining about getting fixed. That was nothing.

13. csworen

csworen Well-Known Member

WOAH...I hope he feels better soon! That does not sound pleasant!!!

14. IDoYouToo

Holy Cow!!!! I hope he feels better soon, has he tried a bag of frozen peas, they are pliable and work wonders, found this out when my daughters had their wisdom teeth out, bags molded to their cheeks and cheek bones and when we were done we just chucked them..................might work, kinda inconspicuous, not sure what his job is.

15. Inatic

the said this was like supersized 'getting fixed'

• Like Like x 1
  16. Inatic

We used the peas when he got fixed but they dont stay cold long enough.

17. IDoYouToo

I had six bags for my girls, 3 bags each cheek, when one was thawed just put it to the back and grabbed the next one in the front, by the time we had worked our way around with 20 min on and 40 min off the bag that was thawed was froze again.

18. Inatic

20 on/20 off, crushed ice (from the freezer/dispenser) was just as easy and about the same size.

• Like Like x 1
  19. IDoYouToo

How do Tomatoes rate as far as a plan goes? I cannot find them on the Food Calculator and my coach said they are a fruit so i figured i still had to swap them fruit for fruit............or is that not true and i am over thinking things?

Last edited: Apr 29, 2015
  20. IDoYouToo

Someone had a recipe for ice cream, i thought, i am hoping LOL ????????????