Thyroid Testing and information

Discussion in 'Health & Beauty' started by Inatic, Mar 19, 2009.

1. Inatic

Inatic Ya Gotta Wanna! Moderator

i find that true in his work too. Confusing somewhat. I didnt realize he followed Broda Barnes work though till i 'found' him. His thyroid stuff makes tons of sense, its his bhrt stuff that confuses me.

I wish he had a way of exchange so that I could ask questions. I've got a few!

2. ncfarris26

ncfarris26 Nicole

Wow, interesting! Off to Google! :cardio:

Hopefully your new endo is good; I'm done with doctors! :lol:

3. Inatic

that might work right now. As you get older and ignore these things, they do catch ya.

4. Inatic

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Right_bundle_branch_block

I have a heart murmer that i didnt know about but doc says no worries. Its an 'athletic one'
    http://www.merckmanuals.com/professional/sec07/ch082/ch082c.html

5. Inatic

6. Plut8

Plut8 New Member

I find the whole ordeal with thyroid very confusing! I have all the symptoms of it, and my T3 is in the toilet - yet my naturopath wants me to tough it out with some more natural remedies for the next few months. It's already been 7 months.

I def can say I am accountable for the metabolic damage of competing under the guidance of the wrong coach (Thanks for Erik now!!!), but to also have your thyroid not working sucks:) So now I have the food allergy thing to manage, adrenal fatique and a thyroid that doesn't want to work.

I asked her about AMOUR and what would be the downside of starting it and she said "Since I am young (35), she wants my body to start to work on it's own before we throw drugs at it.."... Normally I am cool with that, but the fact that my pants are tight... makes me not cool with it!

Guess it's time for a shopping trip to buy bigger pants..

Anyone know a great thyroid doc in San Fran??

7. Inatic

Im sorry you are having such a rough time. I went yrs fighting to get help. Can you give me some cities around the area you are/you are willing to drive (my geography stinks :oops: )

Last edited: Jun 14, 2011
  8. Inatic

are you near any of these offices. THis is a TOP group out in california but im not sure the relevance to your area.

Let me know if any of these work for you. :)

http://www.holtorfmed.com/locations.html

9. Inatic

10. Plut8

Plut8 New Member

Wow.. your so quick!!

Yes, I can get to Foster city fairly easy.

The hardest part is that my naturopath is 100 lbs overweight and a friend of mine.. so while her intentions are there.. I also think that she doesnt see my weight gain, lack of gains in the gym, fatique to get to the gym at 4:30am as an issue! She just offers me almonds to eat:)

I am gonna check them out ASAP!!!!!

THANK YOU!!!!

11. Inatic

Your welcome!

It might be a better idea to sleep and not wake so early IF that is at all possible to help heal your adrenals but its a catch 22 because the adrenal often fail because of the thyroid...

Your in great hands with Erik and with a TOP doc, things should shape up for you.

12. Plut8

Plut8 New Member

It is a catch 22.. I have to be on the road early, so 5am is the only time I am certain to get a workout in! But, now with Erik, I do have two days OFF, whereas before i had double cardio. Granted that was show prep, but I continued a lot of that crazy stuff into the "off-season" thus the damage.

The whole hormonal balance is off bc I actually don't sleep well at all. It's like my rhythm is off bc I wake at 1:30 almost every night sweating!

I already sent an email to that clinic to get in ASAP - I will keep ya updated!!
    Thanks again

13. Inatic

14. mathgeek

mathgeek Member

Wow, I need show this to my doctor. Crap, i have to get him to return my call. I need to check my last test and see what he tested.

15. Plut8

Plut8 New Member

thyroid

After struggling for over a year with post comp metabolic crap and knowing my hormones were off - Thanks to Illeen - I found a doctor!!

i have been on a combination of hormones for 1 month and my hair is no longer falling out, my energy is higher, my weight is coming under control and life is good!

For all those who KNOW that something is not right - unfortunately you gotta fight to get treatment - Seems weird in such an "advanced" medical society, but I had 3 doctors unwilling to treat me until now!!

Thanks again Illeen!!!

J

16. Inatic

:yahoo:
    SO happy for you!!!!! :)

17. Erind

Erind Member

Ileen

I am wondering if you have an article(s) on the dangers of soy, safe levels for consuming especially for those with thyroid issues. My mother has issues with her thyroid, has gained weight over the past while, I think she looks great but she has always had issues with her body image, she is a vegetarian and I know she eats soy products on a regular basis. I had to tried to search online and I hope you don't mind if you are reposting.
    Thank-you in advance

Erin

18. Inatic

if you google soy and thyroid you'll find plenty. There are no safe levels as with everything, its individual.

The only way to know IF its the thyroid is run the proper tests and have them evaluated by someone (not most docs unfortunately) who know what they are doing and dont think NORMAL, anywhere in range is ok :ruloco:

:oops: HUGE pet peeve/passion of mine..

19. Erind

Erind Member

Off to start investigating ! Thanks

I know mom has been having a hard time of it lately, I hope to arm her with some good information for her to read

20. phippengr8

phippengr8 Member

I have hypothyroid and was told to stay away from soy. I was told that it counteracts with medication. If you google and research, there are actuallly quite a few foods we should stay away. Good luck!