Training with prepping for PT test (endurance based)

Discussion in 'Training' started by fluteangel, Oct 19, 2009.

1. MichelleS

MichelleS Well-Known Member

I'm quoting this cause I don't think you read it.

If you want us to just give you a DAMN plan then pay someone to think for you and I've you the answers you want .

This is what you did You thank Sunshine and Patricia but others have given you even more advice and you don't even bother to freakin say a little thanks :wtf:

see
    this is why Sohee and I are getting a little upset here.

[​IMG] Come in NWA Flight 188 this is the FAA [​IMG] you've missed the point
    :yeahthat:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

the fact that I've answered on this board and another and you didn't take the advice or even acknowledge them at all

why even bother [​IMG][/

2. MichelleS

Quoting PMDL:
    Here here!

3. Sohee

Sohee working on the bikini body

No, I don't care. I said I don't care if you don't take my advice. And you're saying I do because you didn't thank me? I'm talking about common courtesy here.

Where? When?

Maybe you don't mean to be rude, but you are. You know, like how you don't mean to be anal, but you are.

You know, Angela...

WRITING IN BIGGER, CAPITALIZED LETTERS IS NOT GOING TO GET YOUR POINT ACROSS ANY BETTER

than if you just wrote in regular-sized letters and instead made a coherent argument.

Arguing with you? You projected misinformation and I corrected you. How is that arguing with you? You can't argue facts.

And no, I wouldn't be arguing with myself, because that would mean I'd be refuting my own points. What would be happening is that you would choose not to respond to my posts, also known as ignoring, which you have long mastered.

This is dripping with exaggeration.

You mean you would have ignored this thread and the questions and comments directed at you.

Please tell me this question is a joke? See above. And above. And above.

Yes, I agree, knowledge is wonderful. But given your tendency to overcomplicate, overanalyze, overthink, posting the same question on numerous boards is not going to help you. Pick a single, trusted source. Or use the search function and glean information from already-existing threads (I know you do the former, but I'm talking more of the latter).

Actually, it seems like you're the one who's upset. Are you fuming?

It's impossible to argue with an ignorant person.

4. Ana

Ana Think back...Move forward

Whoa steady on Michelle. I can remember a time when you yourself were pretty pig headed and refused to listen to much of the advice that was being given to you.

Is berating this girl the way you're doing really necessary?

• Like Like x 1
  5. Sohee

Ohhh you are PlankIt ;)

6. Redone

Redone Member

yep. yep.

and.... sssshhhhhh

But I'm also
    RedOne (I now find planks to be boring)
    KnowledgeJunkie (I got sick of the other two....)

And that is it :funny:

• Like Like x 1
  7. MichelleS

:lol: makes sense now.

8. Redone

Redone Member

oh, and I also forgot

Redone = RedOne

9. jackie

jackie Well-Known Member

:ditto: but not just to the Michelle. I mostly lurk :stalker: but wow give the girl a break. You make others scared to even ask questions..............................

10. Redone

Redone Member

as long as you don't ask the exact same question on multiple forums and argue with every answer

and then repost a variation of it a few days later

and a few days later

and....

When someone asks a question (after looking for an answer if it is somewhat generic) and is actually nice to whomever responds...... THAT can make an advice giver's day :)

11. Sohee

I knew it!! I was going to ask you :lol:
    You said you live in the San Francisco area?

12. MichelleS

I may have been a little harsh. And I'm sorry to anyone that I may have offended. :oops: And Ana I remember people, a lot of people, being very harsh to me. I even got banned for a while or what ever they want to call it.

But I've been nice answered all questions on 2 sites cause I'm not going to track downt he other 2 that Sohee talked about and then when I try and help her she doesn't seem to care. And then send me a PM to ask where you could get some goat whey since I work for GNC. (which I looked in our database and couldn't find any within 100miles from here which I would have got transfered to my store if she asked and then I google her zip from my BB and search 100miles from her location and then send the info with store locations and how many they have on hand and get nothing back) Yeah I'm going to get mad. Ask me to do something nice and then ignore the face that I was trying to help you :sully:

And I got the green light to go get it with a link to the thread. :girly: So I tried to be nice and I just have had it

So sorry to any Lurkers I'm really nice :hamster:

13. MichelleS

And since maybe she will read it here!

Stores with vanilla Oryx Goat Whey where they are buy one get one FREE

2 at the Eglin AFB 850-609-1800

1 at Santa Rosa Mall Mary Esther FL 850-244-0156

2 at Wiregrass Commons Mall Dothan AL 334-794-6064

2 at Penacola NAS 850-456-9010

And on a search today in my area again. Truck came in since my first search

5 at the Gov square Mall in Tallahassee (My RSD said I couldn't get them to my store Guess they sell them In Tally)

3 at Ocala Corners S/C Tallahassee 850-575-2541

• Like Like x 1
  14. fluteangel

fluteangel Well-Known Member

Whoah whoah Michelle, wait a minute, I never got the reply you sent! I've been checking my PMs and I know you're busy with moving and things so I didn't want to ask you again. I'm not ignoring you - I never got any message back from you, I thought you were ignoring me! Thank you so much for finding that goat whey for me! I really appreciate you going to the effort that you did, but like I said, I never got the info you said you sent, are you sure it went through?

Ok guys, I get it. I'm a horrible annoying person who's too stupid to ask questions. I can't say anything right and I can't make any of you happy. I'm sorry. I've said several times I'm sorry. What more do you want from me? As if my day wasn't bad enough...

so, once again, I'm sorry.

And please people, I'm NOT ignoring you. Why is it when I don't answer I'm ignoring you? I'm not on here all day, and I've been at work all day, practicing my instrument to try to get a better job (as I just got ANOTHER rejection letter today), and fed up with you guys berating, lambasting and basically telling me to quit asking questions. Why is it that if I don't respond immediately to everything everyone posts, I'm ignoring you? I did hear what you said:
    stop trying to diet
    go ahead and diet
    go to maintenance
    train less
    train full body
    train 3 days a week
    train heavy
    Just do the bare minimum
    focus on one thing at a time
    stop overthinking
    listen to us
    respect us
    respond to us
    quit igoring us
    quit annoying us

I got the picture guys, ok? I'm sure I left something out, but that covers most of it.

Guess I'll go lurk from now on.

To all of you who want to ask questions in the future, I hope this mean thread is a lesson to you that people here do know what they're talking about, but please make sure to respond to everyone and you better darn well think on your question for at least 3 days, and put it in a concise form that people will actually respond to.

Oh and Michelle IS really nice, like she said :)

Just as a side note, here, I hope this will stop all the berating back and forth and end this thread. It's nothing positive anymore and I don't want to have any hard feelings with anyone. You know what's crazy? I KNOW I know what I'm doing. Really, I do. Not saying I know everything, but I know the important things, the basics. My problem is that in my thirst for knowledge, in wanting to know every single option and variable out there and wanting to do things right the first time, I start to overthink things and doubt myself and before I know it, I'm totally confused. My note to self is to go with my gut - it's usually right. And I won't ask questions unless I'm TOTALLY stumped. But please, don't beat me up for asking - I don't do that to ANY of you.

I can't stop asking questions, that's not me, sorry. However, I will limit them and from now on, I won't post them in a bunch of different places because apparently that drives people crazy. It drives ME crazy that people are limiting MY freedom because really all I want is knowledge, but I guess I get that from lurking. Geez.

Geez guys, I'm sorry I'm sorry I'm sorry I'm sorry. I apologize for everything. If you feel ignored, I'm sorry. If you feel disrepected, I'm sorry. If I forgot to thank you, I'm sorry. If you need a self-esteem boost, I'm sorry.

Now please, LEAVE ME ALONE! I'll stop asking questions:mecry:

Last edited: Oct 24, 2009
  15. fluteangel

fluteangel Well-Known Member

Thank you so much!!!! These have been impossible for me to find!

16. Sohee

Angela, you're not a horrible person. We never said that. And we're not asking you to apologize a thousand times.

Because that's what you did? You were online last night and this morning, posting in other places.

You're not a victim, Angela. Stop making yourself out to be one.

Mean thread :rolleyes: It's certainly not a nice thread, per say, but this was bound to happen sooner or later. It just happened to happen now, and it just happened to be me who called you out on your inappropriate behavior.

:sad:

You KNOW you know what you're doing-- but you're totally confused. Angela, sometimes I really question if you actually know that you know you know you know you know what you're doing.

We're not "beating you up"-- and we didn't say anything about it for a loooong time. We just put up with your novels and tried to look past your lack of respect.

Who's limiting your freedom? There is behavior that is okay and not okay, and what you were doing was not okay.

What the fuck?

From your journal on MFC:
    This is evidence of the fact that you read only the things that you want to read. Anyone can go to my journal and see that I am not the only one venting, and it is VERY OBVIOUS whom I am referring to. I don't think you want to know how many PMs, reps, and texts I've got from numerous people who are glad I called you out in the first place.

One last thing: I don't know if you've since gotten a nutrition certification since February 2009, but if you have not, I'd really be careful because you could potentially be sued for selling nutrition services. Someone pointed the following statement out to me from your website, which I'd missed the first time:

You know better than to say things like that. Professional.

17. Scarl3tbutt3rfly

Scarl3tbutt3rfly Motivated and ready!!

I hate to respond to this. But honestly, I have to side with Angela just a little. I have been on this site for about a year. I post intermittently. Meaning I go through periods when I post alot and others when I spend more time lurking, or just dont visit as often. But I was here around when Angela first showed up.

My feeling is this. I honestly think there is so much to learn on this site. I read it because I agree with alot of the training philosophies, the nutrition philosophies. And straight up, I respect Erik's view of training.

However, I do have to say, I feel that this site tends to be a little cliquey. You have to be sorta accepted as some sort of 'regular' or some sort of person,, for people to respond to your posts. Unless they are controversal, then of course they will respond and say you are wrong or stupid or whatever.

But if you are just posting something else, or a general response. You are lucky if it is acknowledged.

Now Im not saying EVERYONE on this site is like that, but a good majority.

Ive debated starting a journal on here, so maybe I might become more accepted. However, I honestly, have little time to devote to journaling, but I also fear no one will respond to it anyway :(.

Anyway, Im not critisizing anyone. But like I said, Ive been here for a while. And this is stuff Ive definitely noticed anyway.

Im sure this will get responded to, because it is controversal :p

18. Erik

Erik Admin

Appreciate the feedback, in all seriousness. I'm sorry that this has been your experience here.

BUT, I don't feel it's the same as this particular case as people's apparent issues are different. I'm not going to add as to why that's the case as I think THAT aspect of this thread is about finished. Suffice it to say, if you've read all the 'similar' threads, you may see why.

Personally, I try to respond to most things in training/nutrition assuming an answer I may have given hasn't already been posted, primarily since I like talking training/nutrition. (although clearly I don't get to everything). :oops:

19. Cathie

Cathie I have SFP :mecry:

There is a TON of information to learn on this site and has very knowledgeable people on here that I feel are always helpful whether you're a regular poster or not. I have to disagree that this site is not cliquey at all. Sometimes you may not get a response because people just may not know the answer to your question or may not see the thread. :shrug: I don't see people here calling anyone stupid for asking questions? :scratch: However, when someone keeps asking the same question 10 different ways and still doesn't want to listen to what the 'more knowledgeable' people take the time to answer, it can get frustrating.

You don't have to start a journal to be accepted here. I didn't start a journal for a couple of months and I never felt I wasn't "accepted." If you happen to read the journal section, I think new journals receive a very warm welcome.

I hope this thread doesn't make newbies or lurkers afraid to post. Everyone here is very nice and we don't bite. Well, Ileen said she's been a little hungry so she might bite out of hunger. And well, I like to bite just for fun. :whipped:

• Like Like x 1
  20. Inatic

Inatic Ya Gotta Wanna! Moderator

was about to say the same thing.

• Like Like x 1