Training with prepping for PT test (endurance based)

Discussion in 'Training' started by fluteangel, Oct 19, 2009.

1. fluteangel

fluteangel Well-Known Member

Read only the things I want to read, huh? mabye I want to read your journal? I don't care how many PM's, reps blah blah - ok sohee? I'm not here to fight with you and you've said your piece, I've gotten it, let it die ok?

One last time: WHAT MORE DO YOU WANT FROM ME?

I'm not spending any more energy on this thread.

2. jackie

jackie Well-Known Member

I agree, this is why I do not post here often :cardio:

3. Inatic

Inatic Ya Gotta Wanna! Moderator

My experience over the last 6yrs ...
    All the sites i frequent (post or lurk over the yrs) people always say that said site is clicky, no matter what site it is. I havent found a site, even E lists, that someone doesnt say that.

4. Erik

Erik Admin

Just to comment on this

You're a member of all these other sites. Why does it have to be that someone is following you around? Might it not be that THEY are also members of the same other sites you are? And hence read the same threads?

This statement is highly egocentric, no?

5. Erik

Erik Admin

It takes posting on a site, any site, to make 'friends' or 'get connected' with other people on a site. :shrug: On smaller sites especially.

6. Ana

Ana Think back...Move forward

This is true of all sites, this site is no different.
    Also ppl forget that there was a time they didn't know jack shit and were in the same boat. I didn't dare ask questions when i first came here but that's just me.
    I can appreciate that some ppl are annoying, some ppl just don't get it, some ppl ask the same shit over and over and never once listen to advice and make others want to jump off the deep end. I also agree with constructive criticism, i know i've learned some of my most valuable lessons that way. That's different then just being a jack ass to someone because you can.
    You can also just simply ignore it all. If you continually answer, and help someone you feel isn't listening you're sort of perpetuating the cycle.
    Ignore it and it will go away.

• Like Like x 1
  7. katygowland

katygowland proving 'just doing it' works!

I have to say, I've found this site far, far less cliquey than any other board/list/community I've joined, on any other topic, in pretty much my entire online existence. As Ileen says, everywhere online (and not just online either), someone feels that many others in a group are cliquey. I've never felt so encouraged and well-advised and so on.

I know not everyone has time or inclination to post around and get to know people and so on, which is fine, but if you don't recognise someone's name or notice their post, which you might be less likely to if they've never posted before, then equally they're less likely to respond to your post because, I guess, the answer to an awful lot of things in training and nutrition is 'it depends on xyz', and if you already know someone then you probably know at least the x and y their question relies on to be usefully answered.

But mostly I just wanted to say, my experience here has been so much the opposite of cliquey, and people have been great with advice etc whenever I've asked...either I talk a lot, or I'm just lucky, but, thanks, people, and board, generally.

• Like Like x 1
  8. toese

toese Lovin running in 2 day relays

That is true. I'm a newbie here and I never felt like people are being rude to me. Sure, I did a lot of "wrong" stuff like eating chocolate by accident :funny: and I have been told a million times to not have done that when I'm on a refeed but I just feel like they are trying to help me not making fun or being rude to me.

Erik is right though .... you have to post in a forum regularly if you want to connect w/ anyone. I'm on other sites and the sites where I don't post much I don't have very many friends on there. Thats just how forums work.

I like it here and I find 99% of the people here to be helpful and nice.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Sohee

Sohee working on the bikini body

So you insist on fighting back.

:unsure: I already answered that. You asked me, and I responded. Go read again.

No, it just so happens that we are members of the same boards. No frickin' way, that must mean everyone who is a member of LBF, MFC, JPFitness, and Lyle's board is following you and has no life :blink: I'd noticed that you'd been doing this pretty regularly on LBF and MFC, so I did a very simple search ("fluteangel refeed" in Google) and voila! You are causing misery elsewhere too.

I would feel extremely humbled and realize that it is pointless to try and fight back.

You keep asking us what we want from you. Like I said, we've already answered that. Maybe you should read through this entire thread from post #1 to the end again.

I'm not the only one who thinks it's not okay. Do you want me to show you? Since you seem to have ignored their posts in my journal.

When I see you start a thread here, then the exact same one in three other places, I'm going to think that either you don't trust our replies or you don't value our opinions.

I find it humorous that you choose to single me out, ignore everyone else's posts in this thread and comments in my journal, ignore all of the valid points that we've made -- like where is your nutrition certificate? -- and just spit back nonsense at me. Let's see who you ignored: AmyP, clc315, RedOne x2, Michelle x3, Erik, Patricia x2, Katygowland... in this thread alone. In my journal, and in others? Let's not even go there.

Obviously you are here to fight with me. If you want to put up a good fight, you should address all the points I've made, in the same way that I've addressed all of yours, in addition to everyone else's. Some people have asked you questions -- like Erik, for example -- that you have looked over. Let me post it again for you, in case you can't find it:

:blink: I got your question the first time you asked. No need to ask me multiple times because I actually read everything addressed to me.

:shrug: Well, I guess that's one way to get you to stop your :faint: sagas.

10. Sohee

:lol: I remember one of my first posts was in the PWO thread. I was raving about this awesome shake I made with like 15g carbs and I was quickly corrected :lol3:

The problem with this situation is that Angela demands to know why people are not answering her questions. It's happened several times.

11. Sohee

Again, if you have a hard time locating it, I've found it for you.

This is the first time you asked me this question, at the end of post #16:

My reply to you at the end of post #21:

So it looks like you asked a question, I answered, you ignored my response, and then tried to accuse me of ignoring your question.

You're funny.

12. Sohee

I forgot to address this one.

Yes, I read only the journals I want to read also-- who said you were obligated to read them all?

Again, you're missing the point. I'm talking about within my journal, you were apparently only reading my posts and not everyone else's remarks about you. And then you said "Sohee is gossiping about me" :lol:

13. Sohee

All you have to do is do a quick search on the threads that fluteangel has started, and you will easily understand why we are saying the things we are :thumb:

14. Amy

Amy Just say no to CANDY!!!

:nod: Exactly. See below

and this was after there had already been a few responses. So for me personally, when I see something like that, it turns me off in responding all together.

Someone even replied to that 'hello?' comment by giving advice-

• Like Like x 2
  15. Amy

Amy Just say no to CANDY!!!

Here are a few-

Those are just a couple. I can say, I have seen people like Smuggie, Ileen, Erik, etc., etc., that take LOTS of time in helping in threads here. It makes me sad that there are people that think otherwise.
    Keep in mind, these people responding are taking the time to give the advice in the first place.

And as far as the comment saying
    I'm sorry that you have felt that way. The only time I completely ignore a thread is if I do not know the answer, or it is a question that has been asked a million times and is easily found when using the search button.

16. smuggie

smuggie Maureen aka Mo

Angela, this is where one of your biggest errors lies--wanting to get things perfect the first time. But things don't work that way. You have to keep trying different things until you find what works for you as an individual the best. And what works for you today might not necessarily work in the future. You want to know what the options are, fine. But you have to keep in mind that you're going to get a lot of responses as to what the options are when you ask a question, because people are answering out of *their* experiences, and what has worked and not worked for them.

For example, in my case I found out high volume deadlifting is not good for me when I did 5x5. Did I question the validity of doing 5x5 on deadlifts before starting the program? No. I jumped in, started the program, and realized halfway through that high volume deadlifting isn't for me. Hence, I reduced the volume I was doing on DLs to 3x5. And I stick with low volume deadlifting now, for the most part.

I do have to agree with Sohee that you thank people selectively whenever you post one of these threads, because I'd already noticed that before. I've also noticed that you have a tendency to get snarky when you don't get the answers you want to hear. A bit of humility on your part would go a long way in getting people to want to help you.

• Like Like x 1
  17. smuggie

smuggie Maureen aka Mo

I disagree vehemently with what you're saying.

First, I respond to plenty of training and diet questions posted by non-regulars and newbies to the board, as do many of the other regulars. As a matter of fact, I remember giving you a lot of help when you first joined here.

Second, when you join a board you can't expect some kind of personal invitation from the regulars before you get accepted. You have to jump right in and start getting involved in the community, and contributing something positive. Then, before you know it you'll be a regular too. :D

• Like Like x 1
  18. smuggie

smuggie Maureen aka Mo

Yes we are, and we don't really have to do it. But we do, because we have a passion for this and we want to help others achieve their goals.

19. Scarl3tbutt3rfly

Scarl3tbutt3rfly Motivated and ready!!

Well like I said, what I said, does not apply to everyone. I said that in my post. I do feel Erik, Inactic, and Smuggie are prolly some of the most likely to respond to something.

Ive been on this site a year. I saw all the posts pretty much that Angela is posted. I think her biggest issue is is extremely detailed oriented and is indecisive and wants confirmation..more than anything.

But everytime she has posted even from the beginning, she has gotten attacked in some way. I was suprised back from last October/November she kept posting on here, to be honest. I wouldve had a hard time.

And Smuggie, honestly you are one of the friendliest people here..and among some of the most knowledgeable.

Also, Ive gone through periods when Ive posted alot. But when no one responds...I dont say 'hello, answer me!!" I just leave it...

For example I made a post in the Creating a Full Body routine thread like 3 weeks ago...Ive never gotten a response (actually just looked and Michele posted today, thanks! :p). I just went about in my own way on the subject...

I made a post in the Nutrition section, where I linked a post from Mark's Daily Apple. I even credited Sohee for finding it. But only person that responded on the thread was Erik. Not that it needed posting to, but if someone else had posted it, Im sure it wouldve gotten responses. In fact someone else made a similar thread the same day and got lots of responses. That is all I mean I guess.

Fair enough, I guess I dont post enough to get accepted, and that is cool. Anyway, this isnt about me anyway.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2009
    • Like Like x 2
  20. MichelleS

MichelleS Well-Known Member

Yeah I never read the stickies much cause most of the time it was sayng stuff like Great stuff in here and stuff like that. But they have lots of great info for one to learn from which I guess why they got pinned. :shades:

I wouldn't say its cause no one doesn't accept you or others. Heck I some times get ignored on posts.I just still post and go about reading others. Lots of times I read the info posted but never respond cause I just wanted to learn.

• Like Like x 1