Training with prepping for PT test (endurance based)

Discussion in 'Training' started by fluteangel, Oct 19, 2009.

1. mackie

mackie With my hero, Brigitte Gabriel

I don't think its so much a matter of being "accepted" as it is becoming better acquainted, establishing connections and the subsequent natural rapport that eventually forms.

Not everyone gets around to all the threads/posts. So it takes time to become familiar with one another (more for some than others).

That being said, I have read several of your posts and have enjoyed your input... even when I haven't responded or acknowledged them.

2. toese

toese Lovin running in 2 day relays

:yeahthat:

I admit that I don't read all the posts. I wouldn't have found this one until I asked about something and had to dig it up myself.

Sometimes my journal even gets unanswered but it doesn't mean people dislike me (well at least I hope not) I'll read people's journals and I don't always make a comment. Sometimes I just can't think of anything to say or how to respond but it doesn't mean anything.

Can't we just all get along??? Sheesh!!! :slaphands:

3. Sohee

Sohee working on the bikini body

:slaphands:

4. Cathie

Cathie I have SFP :mecry:

Sohee, that was very mean of you! :finger:

:cardio:

• Like Like x 1
  5. Sohee

:slaphands:

6. toese

toese Lovin running in 2 day relays

LOL!! Cathie better run but Sohee will find you!!!! :muahaha:

7. Sohee

Cathie doesn't run. I'll catch her ass in no time :muahaha:

8. Erik

Erik Admin

Hahaha

That was actually very good. since Cathie in fact, doesn't run. :lol:

9. Cathie

Hell no, I don't run. But I don't need to, I'm bigger than Sohee and I'm not skeeeeerd. :p

10. Sohee

Well, now that we've established that I can out-run your ass, I don't know what I would do once I've actually caught up to you :lol: I'd be like ":unsure: Umm... hi Cathie :hi:"

11. Cathie

I don't run so there would be no catching up to me. :lol3:

That's all you would say, meanie? :funny:

12. smuggie

smuggie Maureen aka Mo

[​IMG]

13. Sohee

Case closed.

14. Erik

Erik Admin

None of my questions got answered. :(

15. Cathie

[​IMG]

:lol3:

16. fluteangel

fluteangel Well-Known Member

I really wanted to let Sohee have the last word (so feel free to respond after this) and end this thread, but since you guys are right and I didn't answer some of your questions I will answer them now (and hope I get all of them) and that's it. I'm done with this thread. I've learned my lesson.

17. fluteangel

I really hope I answer everyone's questions who asked of me in this thread. I'm sorry if you felt ignored. I read everything, and chose to respond to some of it, because I felt defensive at the time. Re-reading the thread, honestly, I'm still not sure I see what I was ignoring? I have the feeling it was referring to my ignoring other posts, but not in this one?

I honestly don't know.

In regards to that specific statement, if you'll look, it doesn't say eat foods you like while losing fat and gaining muscle at the same time. I stand by my statement. You CAN eat foods you like while gaining muscle or while losing fat. And no, I do not have a nutrition cert YET, and I make that very clear with my clients and in their contract. My nutritional advice is merely a suggestion, and they can choose what to do with it. Most of the people who have contacted me really just have no idea how to eat nutritionally well and can't break the cycle of McD's-Sonic-Applebees, so I'm providing a suggestion and information on how to set up their own diet within each consult. I make it extremely clear in those cases that I am NOT a nutritionist.

Yes, I can see how it would be taken as such. I was being defensive. Of course lots of us are members of the same boards and read the same threads. What I was basically getting at is that people have a choice to get annoyed at someone and perpetuate the cycle or ignore it. I've seen people do the same thing I do on other boards. I offer my advice, and if they persist, and I can't or no longer want to help, I ignore it. If my behavior upsets or annoys people, I apologize, however, we all have a choice in how we choose to react to things. Of course Sohee wasn't following me.

I hope I've addressed every question. I have nothing to hide. Once again, I'm sorry I've upset some people, I'm sorry if I came across rude and again, thank you everyone who has answered my questions again and again and again. I apologize for not responding to all of you all the time. People have given me really great information and honestly, that is why I post in different areas. I AM doing this for knowledge. People learn from each other and I have learned so much from being here. The more I read, the more I understand, and I realize that there are different audiences on those different boards. I'm interested in hearing what those populations know, too. Yes, sometimes I was looking for THE answer, even though I don't know what that is, and that's where I was wrong, but I did get some great information and I"m using it now in the plan that is working for me.

So thank you again for your help. I hope I've not only sufficiently apologized, but answered everyone's questions. :buddies:

I'm not here for drama, so let's put this aside, shall we?

18. Inatic

Inatic Ya Gotta Wanna! Moderator

what information did work/help?

19. fluteangel

Ok, I clicked on these to quote them in my last post but somehow they didn't make it. So I'll answerr them here.

It does, which is why 1) I should have erased it :lol: and 2) I decided NOT to do it.

I did thank people. Go back and read the thread.

Actully I'm doing it for both reasons. Yes, it makes it more difficult to decide what to do, however, I seem to notice that sometimes people respond with what I was not asking. I was asking how to train on a 4-day split and incorporate PT training into it and I got several people saying, they would do a 3-day split, etc. That's not what I was asking. The general knowledge is also a big part of it because I've gotten a lot of links to new places I didn't know were out there and now I can go read those articles, etc. and boost my knowledge there.

20. Scarl3tbutt3rfly

Scarl3tbutt3rfly Motivated and ready!!

I was just curious about the offering diet advice, or advice on stuff to eat. Do you really need a nutrition certification to do that. I mean if it is a basic diet plan, I dont see how that would need a nutrition certificate.

I am a nurse, and I give input, and am allowed to give some input into diet suggestions. Which I mostly do to breastfeeding mothers, but then again in regards to feeding their newborn. I am not a nutritionist.

I dont give them suggestions to lose weight of course, but for proper growth and/or improved nutrition and success with breastfeeding I do.

If I worked in another area, I may be giving diet advice for diabetics, etc.

I wouldnt think this is a big issue unless you CLAIM to be a nutritionist, or claim a certification that you do not have.

I would assume a personal trainer has some allowability into giving basic diet advice and plans. Just maybe not to the extreme a nutritionist might. As long as you were upfront. I dont really see what the big deal is. Unlike a medical prescription per, eating is a free choice issue. You dont require a prescription for food. I know and am pretty sure that the trainer I work with and have known for over 2 years, DOES NOT have a nutritionist certification, but she does give out a diet plan. Part of your over all physical fitness has alot to do with diet (as diet is what 80% of success) so I would think a trainer would be a prime person to be involved with at least giving that much advice.

Now if she was training some diabetic on nutrition, or something, then I guess I would see somewhat, but otherwise, I dont understand.

I dont know though. Im just asking this question.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2009