Vick sentenced to 23 months in prison

Discussion in 'Mindless Banter' started by Erik, Dec 11, 2007.

1. Pandora

Pandora Well-Known Member

:love:

I agree. I wish they could have given him much longer than 5 years as a max sentence. It's absurd how we slap people on the wrists for animal cruelty.

2. donnajo

donnajo Feeling Strong!

Agreed. No wonder the apes hated us on planet of the apes. :lol:

Not trying to make light of the situation. I wonder if he got off lighter because of celebrity and can afford the best lawyers. Or maybe slip some money kwim.

3. Erik

Erik Admin

For sure

Celebrities never pay the price us commoners pay.

4. Ali

Ali Senior Member

The death penalty? :blink:

• Like Like x 2
  5. donnajo

donnajo Feeling Strong!

I bet he is glad fitwolf was not his judge. :lol:

6. Meadows

Meadows misses her dad

I am an animal lover, big time. I think the penalties for animal cruelty should be tough, heck I think you should get a fine for not taking pets in for routine exams.

But I was a bit shocked at his sentence, not saying he does not deserve it, however I have heard of people get shorter sentences for dealing drugs, domestic violence, rape, and child molestation. It just boggles my mind.:ruloco:

7. mackie

mackie With my hero, Brigitte Gabriel

I think the death penalty would be too easy. If I ruled the world I'd keep him in a cage with a diet of dog food... and have his face chewed halfway off by Hannibal Lecter. As soon as its almost healed & stops hurting, sick ol' Hannibal on him again. If he screams & whines I'd just show him pictures of the torn up, brutalized dogs and tell him to STFU.

8. Ali

Ali Senior Member

I feel that way about people who hurt children...but animals not as much.

9. Sarah

Sarah Well-Known Member

hmm, my opinion

deserves to have an electric rod rammed up his ass or tossed into a pit with some of the dogs he trained...i'd be happy with either....fuck this 23 months and 5k. he'll end up in bungalow number 3 watching TV and play pick up games of football.

10. mackie

A spiked electric rod!

11. Sarah

Sarah Well-Known Member

i think that'd be a bit much...don't you...we wouldn't want to be cruel

• Like Like x 1
  12. Sarah

Sarah Well-Known Member

:funny: :ban: :funny:

13. Patricia

Patricia Well-Known Member

Hmmm...
    I agree with "Ian".
    Deplorable, yes, but definitely NOT a slap on the wrist IMO.

14. Erik

Erik Admin

I guess not. Admittedly I don't know what a 'normal' fine for such a crime would be.

15. mackie

I don't know if there is a clearly defined punishment. I believe they resort to "past practice" and try to come up with a comparible treatment for these scumbags, as the cases come up. So far, I like Sarah's and my 'fines' the best.

16. Carrie

Carrie My 3 babies!!!

It's a shame you don't :( I feel animals are just as innocent as children and sadly soooo many of them totally used and abused by humans.

17. Patricia

Patricia Well-Known Member

:ditto:

18. Sarah

Sarah Well-Known Member

how are they that different? they both will love you unconditionally and bring you more joy and happiness then you could ever give to them. :shrug:

i don't have any children but personally, i'd like to see somebody who hurts a dog (or any other animal) on purpose receive the same punishment that hurts a child.

19. Erik

Erik Admin

How are kids that different from pets? I think quite a bit different.

That said, yes, pets give unconditional love and bring you joy, happiness, etc. But I'm not sure I'd compare kids to a pet.

20. Carrie

Carrie My 3 babies!!!

Just curious...have you ever have or do you have a dog/cat, any kind of pet?

I guess having dogs and having such a close relationship with them makes me wonder how anyone could ever hurt such selfless creatures. And anyone who is able to do so is seriously disturbed and evil, so yes, they should be punished severely!!